Fayetteville to forfeit 6 wins

MidTennFootball

54 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

I believe they are going to need it.Im sure the TSSAA is going to carry this farther than the local courts which I'm hoping the Fayetteville school board has a  million to spend

I've thought that as well. And I'd do it too if mine was the legitimate call.

5 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

Just an outsiders opinion if Fayetteville gets in and wins a first round game and then gets disqualified then they should not be allowed in playoffs for next 2 years, totally unacceptable, Tssaa needs to make a ruling ASAP either they are in for good or they are disqualified you can’t let a judge from that area determine that teams fate of course he’s going to be bias, this will be a major problem if they don’t fix it, that’s all.

A precedent has been set here already. The timeline of this type incident usually falls close to the end of the season, with the "process" having playoff ramifications... if TSSAA doesn't drop the hammer hard enough on Fayetteville to discourage the tactic of filing for an injunction through the court system, this won't be the last time they have to deal with this issue. I look for the punishment to be swift and severe once TSSAA is reinstated as judge, jury, and executioner.

24 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

They'll have to repay everything.    TSSAA gets half the gate. 

I would suppose whoever the school is that doesn't make the playoffs would have a legitimate case to their share of the other half. 

And then there is the concession money gained.  If Fayetteville is allowed to host a playoff game then that will result in the legitimate 2 seed becoming a 3 seed then forcing them to travel.  That school will be out traveling expenses and by not hosting as the 2 seed will miss out on concessions money.

Idk this to be fact but how can you really overlook it?  And pretend it doesn't matter? 

"Legitimate"?? If they are allowed to play, then they will be legitimate at #1. Thus, #2 will be legitimate and so on....legitimacy will be determined on who gets in based on the upcoming final decision. It's not up to you who is legitimate or not. That will be finalized before the playoffs ever start.

18 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

A precedent has been set here already. The timeline of this type incident usually falls close to the end of the season, with the "process" having playoff ramifications... if TSSAA doesn't drop the hammer hard enough on Fayetteville to discourage the tactic of filing for an injunction through the court system, this won't be the last time they have to deal with this issue. I look for the punishment to be swift and severe once TSSAA is reinstated as judge, jury, and executioner.

100% correct. The only hope that Fayetteville has is if they win a court case by some sort of technicality, which I’m 99% sure they won’t. When the court battle is over, the hammer will fall extremely hard on them. 

On the flip side after this is over with, I’d say Lincoln County High’s football team might have a resurgence of sorts........

51 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

"Legitimate"?? If they are allowed to play, then they will be legitimate at #1. Thus, #2 will be legitimate and so on....legitimacy will be determined on who gets in based on the upcoming final decision. It's not up to you who is legitimate or not. That will be finalized before the playoffs ever start.

According to the TSSAA Fayetteville has been eliminated from the playoffs.  So in my mind they are not the legitimate #1 seed.  They're fixing to find that out for themselves as will everyone else. 

And you're right.   It's not up to me.  We are fixing to see if rules matter.  And if every volunteer member has to abide by those rules. 

Edited by Southtowner

4 minutes ago, junglefan said:

Can of worms:

lets say they WIN the first round of the playoffs and the TSSAA decision is upheld and they are guilty.

what happens in the 2nd round? does the team they defeated in the 1st round move on or does the 2nd round team get a bye to the 3rd round?

The final decision, one way or the other, has to be made prior to the playoff brackets being released. Period. You can't have chaos after that. I'm expecting it to all be finalized by Friday night/Saturday morning, whichever way it goes. For everyone involved, it absolutely has to!

2 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

According to the TSSAA Fayetteville has been eliminated from the playoffs.  So in my mind they are not the legitimate #1 seed.  They're fixing to find that out for themselves as will everyone else. 

And you're right.   It's not up to me.  We are fixing to see if rules matter.  And if every volunteer member has to abide by those rules. 

Is it possible TSSAA made a mistake? Or are they always right no matter what?