Fayetteville to forfeit 6 wins

MidTennFootball

Pretty sad when you're relatively certain you've done everything correctly and you're being unfairly targeted and your only two choices are to just take it or fight for your opportunity and risk punitive retribution in the future.

Still no new information has been given on the reason that the acting director changed the actual director's September decision? One of the articles on the subject mentioned he reviewed the FCHS website and noted a section on school bus routes. It should take an evidential bombshell to reverse a prior decision not a piece of information that was readily available on a website that may or may not be correct or up to date. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Salem said:
12 minutes ago, junglefan said:

Can of worms:

lets say they WIN the first round of the playoffs and the TSSAA decision is upheld and they are guilty.

what happens in the 2nd round? does the team they defeated in the 1st round move on or does the 2nd round team get a bye to the 3rd round?

in  the article posted above from alabama,  a team was removed after they won the first playoff game and the team that lost on the field was awarded a win by forfeit and played in the second round (and lost) 

I don't know if the tssaa would do the same or not.

4 minutes ago, Salem said:

Pretty sad when you're relatively certain you've done everything correctly and you're being unfairly targeted and your only two choices are to just take it or fight for your opportunity and risk punitive retribution in the future.

Still no new information has been given on the reason that the acting director changed the actual director's September decision? One of the articles on the subject mentioned he reviewed the FCHS website and noted a section on school bus routes. It should take an evidential bombshell to reverse a prior decision not a piece of information that was readily available on a website that may or may not be correct or up to date. 

this is all supposition, but it could have gone something like this:

Fayetteville enters transfer information into the portal that the student had a bona-fide change of address into their territory.  

the portal declared him eligible.

Someone reports him for not living in the fayetteville territory.

school is contacted and says his address is in our territory believing that their territory includes all of lincoln county.  The tssaa just takes their word that this is their territory. declares student eligible.

someone else (or the same person again) reports to the tssaa that this address is NOT in fayetteville territory per tssaa definition of territory.

new investigation finds that the address is in fact NOT in the fayetteville territory.  Student is declared ineligible. 

again, this is all supposition, but i can see how it could have played out this way. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Crock1615 said:

in  the article posted above from alabama,  a team was removed after they won the first playoff game and the team that lost on the field was awarded a win by forfeit and played in the second round (and lost) 

I don't know if the tssaa would do the same or not.

Dallas Carter 1988 did this similar things fought it all the way through the playoff and won state later that spring they were stripped of thier state championship and was given to the team they beat in the state championship 

1 minute ago, Crock1615 said:

Fayetteville enters transfer information into the portal that the student had a bona-fide change of address into their territory.  

school is contacted and says his address is in our territory believing that their territory includes all of lincoln county.  The tssaa just takes their word that this is their territory. declares student eligible.

someone else (or the same person again) reports to the tssaa that this address is NOT in fayetteville territory per tssaa definition of territory.

new investigation finds that the address is in fact NOT in the fayetteville territory.  Student is declared ineligible. 

again, this is all supposition, but i can see how it could have played out this way. 

This is what I'm thinking has happened. 

20 minutes ago, Crock1615 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly, or pretty close, to how it went down. Someone kept blowing the whistle, and they finally dug deep enough.   

I'm assuming TSSAA does mostly the "honor system" in regards to transfers? 

No wonder the kid could be ruled eligible and then once someone calls them out for breaking the rule the TSSAA does an investigation! I just figured the TSSAA was a large enough organization that it would investigate all transfers to make sure nobody is breaking the rules....My mistake there!

34 minutes ago, Crock1615 said:

If you are going to write an all clear letter and sign your name to it with the potential to make the 1A playoffs a cluster involving tens of thousands of dollars in lawyers then a little more effort should be involved in an investigation. I would be embarrassed to say 7 weeks later we finally looked at the school website and declare the player ineligible and now 40 players, a coaching staff, and a community will be kicked out of the playoffs and labeled cheaters. 

How does an eligibility investigation unfold? Does TSSAA send a rep to the school and the questionable kid's house? Or is the investigation by phone or fax? We've all heard stories where a player is followed home or utility bills are scanned to rule someone ineligible. We also likely know a  kid who "transferred" and never actually moves. The whole family essentially stays put and nothing is done. Consistency and transparency is needed. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Crock1615 said:

Fayetteville enters transfer information into the portal that the student had a bona-fide change of address into their territory.----correct  

the portal declared him eligible.---correct

Someone reports him for not living in the fayetteville territory.----correct

school is contacted and says his address is in our territory believing that their territory includes all of lincoln county.  The tssaa just takes their word that this is their territory. declares student eligible.----correct

someone else (or the same person again) reports to the tssaa that this address is NOT in fayetteville territory per tssaa definition of territory.----this territory term has me confused  geographical boundry is all of Lincoln County per Fayetteville city school systems

new investigation finds that the address is in fact NOT in the fayetteville territory.  Student is declared ineligible. ---this part I believe needs some more information added...investigation re-opened by someone as I understand from what I have seen here without the authority to do so..only the Director can open, close, and delivery and pass down penalties.  Oct.5th officials are aware of investigation and penalty to be issued and spoke of it publicly.  2 weeks or so pass before penalty is issued. 

Just added my 2 cents.  Sounds to me like the determination of the investigation was settled before October 5th or officials would not have been privy to that information, but why do they know at that time and more games are played before Fayetteville is notified.  I would have to look at the schedule and see if Fayetteville were told when those officials were, would there be enough region games from Oct 5th on to still get into playoffs.  Your supposition above is black and white, which I wish this whole thing was but I am learning fast that TSSAA is not as clean as your post with investigations and who they choose to enforce which rules.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TCRadio said:

Just an outsiders opinion if Fayetteville gets in and wins a first round game and then gets disqualified then they should not be allowed in playoffs for next 2 years, totally unacceptable, Tssaa needs to make a ruling ASAP either they are in for good or they are disqualified you can’t let a judge from that area determine that teams fate of course he’s going to be bias, this will be a major problem if they don’t fix it, that’s all.

I agree I said the same thing earlier except 5 years.You said 2.Give them 3

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Salem said:

If you are going to write an all clear letter and sign your name to it with the potential to make the 1A playoffs a cluster involving tens of thousands of dollars in lawyers then a little more effort should be involved in an investigation. I would be embarrassed to say 7 weeks later we finally looked at the school website and declare the player ineligible and now 40 players, a coaching staff, and a community will be kicked out of the playoffs and labeled cheaters. 

How does an eligibility investigation unfold? Does TSSAA send a rep to the school and the questionable kid's house? Or is the investigation by phone or fax? We've all heard stories where a player is followed home or utility bills are scanned to rule someone ineligible. We also likely know a  kid who "transferred" and never actually moves. The whole family essentially stays put and nothing is done. Consistency and transparency is needed. 

They send a rep out and do investigation in person!FACT.Were in Greenback last year and looked at ALL the kids.Lawyer in Roane County sent them a bunch of lies and they checked all residences.Lawyer got a nice letter back too.They dont like wild goose chases either.