Fayetteville to forfeit 6 wins

MidTennFootball

8 minutes ago, Varo said:

You are referring to Volnation66, who at the time had 11 posts to his credit.  He posted it at 2:03 a.m. on 10/05/2019.  You can find it on the Cornersville @ Fayetteville City thread which currently the 8th page in Class 1A & 2A Topics.  It is on page 16 of 19 of that thread, and can read the subsequent comments made.

image.png.4cb57768eb85847e1a14770c82b8fcd1.png

I was at the game.  I find it troubling that a game official would have done this.

That was one of my questions I emailed to the Association on Oct 7 asking if anyone at the TSSAA had received any complaint on Fayetteville high school in regards to using an ineligible player?  And was it common practice for any game official to have such knowledge of said complaint and therefore discuss the issue at any football game especially this past Friday's game between Cornersville @ Fayetteville?

5 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I was at the game.  I find it troubling that a game official would have done this.

That was one of my questions I emailed to the Association on Oct 7 asking if anyone at the TSSAA had received any complaint on Fayetteville high school in regards to using an ineligible player?  And was it common practice for any game official to have such knowledge of said complaint and therefore discuss the issue at any football game especially this past Friday's game between Cornersville @ Fayetteville?

Did you get an answer?

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

I find it much more troubling that a game official would have that information at all three or more weeks before it was announced (as opposed to telling it).  I do understand that your perspective at the time was different, because you didn’t know it was actually going to happen  

This eventual circumstance being common knowledge outside of the formal process is especially concerning in the midst of this situation where, as best I can tell, there is not even an assertion that any false or erroneous information was ever supplied to the TSSAA by the school or student.  Sort of implies there was no reason for any protracted investigation.  ‘Website review’ doesn’t credibly take 3+ weeks  

Normally, these cases hinge on errors in supplied information. False/incorrect information supplied to the TSSAA by the school and/or that is later corrected.  

As best I can tell, this is more of a circumstance where the TSSAA now claims that they twice made mistakes in evaluating the case and/or simply changed their minds. 

Not sure I can recall a case where the ruling was changed upon a third review based on information that was apparently readily available all along. 

Edited by PullinGuard

My biggest gripe with all of this is Fayetteville was 1 and 9 last year. This year they are 9 and 0. It's hard to believe they improved that much with just one kid. Something doesn't sound right about all of this. If it is a busing issue where the buses do not run to the kids residents and he lives in another school district such as Lincoln County then he is ineligible by rule. From my understanding he doesn't live in Fayetteville but lives in the country which means he should attend Lincoln County. Now, I don't know the ends and outside of all this but it doesn't sound right. I believe I read were the kid in question played in Alabama last year and the year before that played at another school in Alabama. Again something doesn't add up. 

17 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

My biggest gripe with all of this is Fayetteville was 1 and 9 last year. This year they are 9 and 0. It's hard to believe they improved that much with just one kid. Something doesn't sound right about all of this. If it is a busing issue where the buses do not run to the kids residents and he lives in another school district such as Lincoln County then he is ineligible by rule. From my understanding he doesn't live in Fayetteville but lives in the country which means he should attend Lincoln County. Now, I don't know the ends and outside of all this but it doesn't sound right. I believe I read were the kid in question played in Alabama last year and the year before that played at another school in Alabama. Again something doesn't add up. 

There were a ton of kids that didn't want to play for the previous coach last season. A ton of kids came back out this year and the majority are athletes. I figured there would be improvement, just not this much. 

19 hours ago, PullinGuard said:

Once again, the court order governs. There is nothing to appeal at the moment - the player is and has been 100% eligible according to court order. 

Should the TSSAA punish Fayetteville for not appearing, they would be 100% in contempt of court.  State laws trump TSSAA bylaws and preferences. 

Just remember that the current order is NOT the final disposition in the court system.  Brentwood Academy took their recruiting case all the way to The Supreme Court of the United States in 2001, and won on a split decision.  The case was sent back to 2 different appeals courts where they won.   However, the ultimately lost the 2nd time in SCOTUS on a 9 - 0 decision.  However, the TSSAA came up with the Div II system by the 2007 ruling.