DB @ Alcoa

Throwdeslant

1 hour ago, greenegreene22 said:

They did a lot for their future - 1st yes they quit scheduling Greeneville whom kept handing it to them , but heres where you you all lost your mind playing Alcoa ha ha , as we all know DB was just another bump in the road to another 3A championship run for Alcoa so they were making u all feel good for a while - the way i see it and this is a "fact" the money that is pumped into DB every year and with one of the biggest student enrollment's in the state of Tenn as of this year 7th with over 2000 students -- Maryville comes in at 80th -- and poor ole Alcoa 207th and still field one of the top programs in the state - and as i meant by pouring money - the donations made by all the companys and business's  there in kingsport helping supply the Athletes  throughout the season when you have that kind of support you should be a top tier program year in -year out .jmho...............congrats to All that make it to the playoffs thats a lot of work put in by these young men .............

Greenville is not anywhere near the level of Alcoa or Maryville.Congrats on the gold balls they've won.But they have a long way to go bud.A long way

6 minutes ago, kingindian33 said:

I seen a few pictures that Allen Green took where Big 76 held DBs 29 on numerous occasions...One on the touchdown pass ! Has anyone seen these ?

Great players always find away to hide this but I do believe on a lot of plays it can be called both ways !

Maybe so but that's not what cost DB the game. We just need to say we got beat by a better team. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Typical Greeneville fan post. Yeah, DB dropped Greeneville but kept playing Alcoa. I think if they wanted to get away from a loss they would of dropped Alcoa. Maybe you're lucky they did drop you because you didn't match up very well in that scrimmage. And yeah, before you say it I know a scrimmage doesn't equal a game. But it does tell you something when you get physically pushed all over the field by the other team. So Greenville has got the best of DB lately that is true but I have a feeling the tide is turning against you. It doesn't matter how many students or how much you spend on fancy stadiums. What it all comes down to is coaching. You can bark all you want to. DB's coaching went sour for the past 8 years. That's starting to change now. More proof it's all about coaching is in your house. Greeneville was on top of the world with Ballard there. Now in the first year without him you play two good teams and you lose to both of them. I've seen a lot of post on here with your fans complaining about the coaching. You should worry about Betsy. Their building a powerhouse over there. Might knock you off your pedestal for a long time to come. I also think it's telling that of all the other schools that are larger than Maryville and Alcoa you have to single out only DB. What happened, did you get fired at Eastman? Or maybe Pals?

Not all Devil fans have heads the size of a full grown elephant.We have been lucky to get some of the best coaches and build something special.If it ends this year and Greeneville never wins another championship,it was a great run .I remember writing about how we might never get back to the championship game after that first loss in 2009.A lot of folks probably don't remember that it was WACO who had a kind word for us poor old Devils that year after the loss. For myself it was worse because we had just seen the McMinn game up here in 2008 and then the 2009 season was a long one for DB to end up in Maryville for a first round game.I've always tried to stay grounded and respect programs like Elizabethton because most of us know it comes full circle at some point with everything in life.

29 minutes ago, DBturningitAROUND said:

Greenville is not anywhere near the level of Alcoa or Maryville.Congrats on the gold balls they've won.But they have a long way to go bud.A long way

They still decided against playing us which caused our staff to scramble for a game. Thats one reason we had 6 away and 4 home games. 

Edited by DevilMan03

7 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Not all Devil fans have heads the size of a full grown elephant.We have been lucky to get some of the best coaches and build something special.If it ends this year and Greeneville never wins another championship,it was a great run .I remember writing about how we might never get back to the championship game after that first loss in 2009.A lot of folks probably don't remember that it was WACO who had a kind word for us poor old Devils that year after the loss. For myself it was worse because we had just seen the McMinn game up here in 2008 and then the 2009 season was a long one for DB to end up in Maryville for a first round game.I've always tried to stay grounded and respect programs like Elizabethton because most of us know it comes full circle at some point with everything in life.

Sometimes I paint with to broad a brush. No not every Devil fan has a huge head. But there are 3 or 4 on here that should lose that chip on their shoulder. 

1 hour ago, kingindian33 said:

I seen a few pictures that Allen Green took where Big 76 held DBs 29 on numerous occasions...One on the touchdown pass ! Has anyone seen these ?

Great players always find away to hide this but I do believe on a lot of plays it can be called both ways !

There were definitely several missed calls last night. However, I would have to say that most of them were in favor of DB. Was a great game. Please let’s not put the officials in it. Just takes away from what was a very hard fought game by both teams...