DB @ Alcoa

Throwdeslant

14 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I am surprised by the F bombs. I've never heard that about the staff before. I'm sure it happens sometimes but from what you are saying it was over the top. I've just never heard of that coming from the DB staff. 

two assistant coaches were particular bad. it was constant. It was as of the couldn't complete a sentence without dropping GD or the F word.  

Really needs to be addressed by the schools admin. They are setting themselves up for an HR nightmare if they allow and thus condone this behavior

1 hour ago, Throwdeslant said:

There were definitely several missed calls last night. However, I would have to say that most of them were in favor of DB. Was a great game. Please let’s not put the officials in it. Just takes away from what was a very hard fought game by both teams...

Lol! Hey that was a hit and run. But yeah, was a good game.

35 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

two assistant coaches were particular bad. it was constant. It was as of the couldn't complete a sentence without dropping GD or the F word.  

Really needs to be addressed by the schools admin. They are setting themselves up for an HR nightmare if they allow and thus condone this behavior

I'm sure you heard what you heard but I have never heard that before from anybody on the DB staff. If it was happening last night for whatever reason, I bet it don't happen again. The admin. won't stand for that. I'm sure the AD will address it.  I think DB has the best staff from top to bottom that they have ever had but you can't let that sort of thing go on. 

2 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

Waco will agree I believe 

It's a dumb thing that he said. Anybody that would agree would be an Idiot. I'll use Alcoa as and example. There's probably only two 6A teams in the state that could beat Alcoa year in and year out. But with you guys (DB haters) only DB gets called out. And also, Greeneville is bigger than Alcoa. You don't play them but if you did you'd lose every time. I'd bet the farm on it. And when that happened you wouldn't see a bunch of people jumping on here saying "looks like a school Greeneville's size could field a better team". It's stupid. It's all about coaching. 

3 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

There were definitely several missed calls last night. However, I would have to say that most of them were in favor of DB. Was a great game. Please let’s not put the officials in it. Just takes away from what was a very hard fought game by both teams...

In the 4th quarter,  Alcoa had 7 penalties for 75 yards, DB 2 for 10 yards. One peronal foul was a pour joke. Iam sure "that" ref crew did not give any favors to Alcoa, and im sure Alcoa would rather had the devil himself call that game over "that" Blount County crew. If DB think for a minute that the calls weht their way......you have no clue.

Edited by BCsportsfan

56 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

It's a dumb thing that he said. Anybody that would agree would be an Idiot. I'll use Alcoa as and example. There's probably only two 6A teams in the state that could beat Alcoa year in and year out. But with you guys (DB haters) only DB gets called out. And also, Greeneville is bigger than Alcoa. You don't play them but if you did you'd lose every time. I'd bet the farm on it. And when that happened you wouldn't see a bunch of people jumping on here saying "looks like a school Greeneville's size could field a better team". It's stupid. It's all about coaching. 

Greeneville is 4a with around 900 kids. 
Db is like 2500 or however many. We do have a win against Alcoa unlike many other teams out there. The next year they got us with probably our worst team in a decade. 
So yes Db SHOULD be at the top and coaching has EVERYTHING to do with it. 
Every Tennessee see fans see that with all the Bust of Butch Jones. 

59 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

Greeneville is 4a with around 900 kids. 
Db is like 2500 or however many. We do have a win against Alcoa unlike many other teams out there. The next year they got us with probably our worst team in a decade. 
So yes Db SHOULD be at the top and coaching has EVERYTHING to do with it. 
Every Tennessee see fans see that with all the Bust of Butch Jones. 

So what you're saying is the only reason Alcoa beat you is because you had your "worst team in a decade". Got it. It's still stupid to say any team should be at the top just because they have more students. Which you just did again. And then said coaching is everything. So I'm not sure if you agree or disagree. One thing I'm sure of, you could take the Maryville or Alcoa staff and put them at 95% of the schools in Tennessee and they'd turn said school into a state champion in short order. It's 100% coaching.

56 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

So what you're saying is the only reason Alcoa beat you is because you had your "worst team in a decade". Got it. It's still stupid to say any team should be at the top just because they have more students. Which you just did again. And then said coaching is everything. So I'm not sure if you agree or disagree. One thing I'm sure of, you could take the Maryville or Alcoa staff and put them at 95% of the schools in Tennessee and they'd turn said school into a state champion in short order. It's 100% coaching.

Greeneville’s 2012 was depleted. But I believe a lot of “Bigger” Schools do have an athlete problem. Too many walking the halls and not on the field. Thats were I see part of the Problem. 
Build it and they will come. 

Edited by DevilMan03

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

One thing I'm sure of, you could take the Maryville or Alcoa staff and put them at 95% of the schools in Tennessee and they'd turn said school into a state champion in short order. It's 100% coaching.

Yup, a lot truth to that, but, from 2000 to 2006. 6 year period,  Alcoa won 4 State Championships with 3 different coaches. IMO, the Alcoa city limits has the best athletes in the Blount County/Knoxville Area. 

Edited by BCsportsfan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

Yup, a lot truth to that, but, from 2000 to 2006. 6 year period,  Alcoa won 4 State Championships with 3 different coaches. IMO, the Alcoa city limits has the best athletes in the Blount County/Knoxville Area. 

I remember when myself and BVD were down there for that Ugly rematch game a few years ago.Thats pretty much what every Alcoa coacht fan said before the game.My memory is squat and I can't remember all their screen names but everyone was very knowledgeable about the game and we had a great time except for the beat down on the Devils.

Edited by BatmanDevil

21 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I'm sure you heard what you heard but I have never heard that before from anybody on the DB staff. If it was happening last night for whatever reason, I bet it don't happen again. The admin. won't stand for that. I'm sure the AD will address it.  I think DB has the best staff from top to bottom that they have ever had but you can't let that sort of thing go on. 

I hope the admin addresses it. Lots of positives for DB Friday night.  I was within a few feet of the coaches. If they are behaving like that on game night in front of cameras and a crowd,  how are they treating kids when no one is looking? 

I even told the ref, calling an questionable unsportsmanlike penalty on kid when he's letting coaches act like that was shameful. 

but on the positive side. #20 fought hard and enjoyed watching him play. The O line was very well coached. QB made some plays too.

what are your thoughts on WB playoff matchup?