Fayetteville files restraining order and injuction on TSSAA..Back in playoffs?

1 hour ago, BigTime1950 said:

BA beat T$$AA. But FC is not BA.

Again, the did not.  The final trip to the U.S. Supreme Court went against B.A. on a 9 - 0 ruling in 2007.  It took 10 years, multiple court, appeals court cases and 2 trips to the U.S. Supreme Court.   By 2007, TSSAA had done come up with the Div II for privates. 

Edit:  Here is a story on it from 2007.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/legal/article/20401048/supreme-court-rules-for-tssaa-against-brentwood-academy

Edited by rlh

3 hours ago, MountainTroll said:

School boards determine which students are eligible to attend which schools. T$$AA determines which students are eligible to participate in T$$AA sanctioned events.

T$$AA will win. Nobody ever said life was going to be fair.

I remember how much you old that Chilly man in such high esteem! 

9 minutes ago, rlh said:

Again, the did not.  The final trip to the U.S. Supreme Court went against B.A. on a 9 - 0 ruling in 2007.  It took 10 years, multiple court, appeals court cases and 2 trips to the U.S. Supreme Court.   By 2007, TSSAA had done come up with the Div II for privates. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/legal/article/20401048/supreme-court-rules-for-tssaa-against-brentwood-academy

Yes sir exactly right. If I remember correctly the ole NCAA chipped in a little help to the TSSAA on this one. Legal Precedent effects all sports sanctioning bodies, not just High schools. My point is, the TSSAA is an old hand at this game. Fayetteville is the Greenhorn, they WILL lose this and pay dearly for it. Do I agree at how this was handled from both sides, heck no, but you will never win anything going against someone who makes and enforces the rules. It’s that simple.

1 hour ago, rlh said:

So in reality BA won. They got their own division, continued to win State Championship, and cost T$$AA lots of money. Sounds like a win to me. They started the trend toward schools using lawyers to get eligibility on their side. Other teams are using lawyers , courts, and judges against T$$AA now and that will make T$$AA quit making stupid rulings or changing their original rulings. It was a victory for BA to get to Supreme Court and they are still the premier team in Tennessee HS football.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

So in reality BA won. They got their own division, continued to win State Championship, and cost T$$AA lots of money. Sounds like a win to me. They started the trend toward schools using lawyers to get eligibility on their side. Other teams are using lawyers , courts, and judges against T$$AA now and that will make T$$AA quit making stupid rulings or changing their original rulings. It was a victory for BA to get to Supreme Court and they are still the premier team in Tennessee HS football.

No, in reality, they got their butts handed to them on a 9 - 0 SCOTUS decision after paying lawyers for 10 years.  TSSAA rules stood.  Plus, BA was put in the Div II in 1997.  They had A and AA and expanded to AAA in 2001.  BA was in the 1st group moved there.  Over the past 20 years, most privates have ended up there.  They are still under TSSAA rules which in certain ways are more stringent regarding transfers. 

Edited by rlh
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

Let me ask you a question. What is rules in Blount county? Can you transfer to a Loudon county school and not sit out a year? You think im joking but im not. 

b. There has been a bona fide change of residence by the student's entire family unit in which (1) the old 
residence is outside the territory of the new school, (2) the new residence is outside the territory of 
the old school, and (3) the new residence is inside the territory of the new school. If such a change of 
residence occurs between school years, the student must transfer at the beginning of the school year 
to be eligible. If the change of residence occurs during the school year, the student may transfer 
without loss of eligibility (1) at the time his/her parents change residence; (2) at the end of the next 
report card period; (3) at the close of the semester or term; or (4) at the close of the school year;

Here Roy.

Edited by orngnblk

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

b. There has been a bona fide change of residence by the student's entire family unit in which (1) the old 
residence is outside the territory of the new school, (2) the new residence is outside the territory of 
the old school, and (3) the new residence is inside the territory of the new school. If such a change of 
residence occurs between school years, the student must transfer at the beginning of the school year 
to be eligible. If the change of residence occurs during the school year, the student may transfer 
without loss of eligibility (1) at the time his/her parents change residence; (2) at the end of the next 
report card period; (3) at the close of the semester or term; or (4) at the close of the school year;

Here Roy.

There may be other details left out, but I know from past history that the old residence can not be retained by the family. If you buy a home that qualifies as a legal transfer residence, you must also sell the old residence... seems to be over the top as far as TSSAA's involvement into personal interests, but it cost Perry County six wins a few years ago.

23 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

There may be other details left out, but I know from past history that the old residence can not be retained by the family. If you buy a home that qualifies as a legal transfer residence, you must also sell the old residence... seems to be over the top as far as TSSAA's involvement into personal interests, but it cost Perry County six wins a few years ago.

No you do not have to sell the old residence.You can rent it,you can also keep as long as it is completely empty.

41 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

student who transfers as a result of a change of residence is ineligible unless (1) the old residence 
is outside the territory of the new school, (2) the new residence is outside the territory of the old 
school, and (3) the new residence is inside the territory of the new school; 
c. If a student has been ruled eligible as a result of a change of residence, and the parents or guardian 
return to the former residence before the student has been enrolled in the new school for one 
complete school year (or twelve months if the transfer occurred during the school year), the student 
will be ineligible for twelve months from his/her last participation date;

Here is an INELIGIBLE  player,notice what it says about "old residence".Cant move back for twelve months diesnt say must sell.

Myself when i moved my oldest in 07,i called and specifically asked do i have to sell they said no as long as it is unoccupied and empty or i could rent it out.

6 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

student who transfers as a result of a change of residence is ineligible unless (1) the old residence 
is outside the territory of the new school, (2) the new residence is outside the territory of the old 
school, and (3) the new residence is inside the territory of the new school; 
c. If a student has been ruled eligible as a result of a change of residence, and the parents or guardian 
return to the former residence before the student has been enrolled in the new school for one 
complete school year (or twelve months if the transfer occurred during the school year), the student 
will be ineligible for twelve months from his/her last participation date;

Here is an INELIGIBLE  player,notice what it says about "old residence".Cant move back for twelve months diesnt say must sell.

Myself when i moved my oldest in 07,i called and specifically asked do i have to sell they said no as long as it is unoccupied and empty or i could rent it out.

Old Pirate says the key rules violation is “Did a coach or coaches meet with any transfers before enrollment @ GB?”  The answer is ?, evidence supports? OP is jest keeping it real! Hum, Where in the cat hair did that come?  LOPAO