AP CLASS 2A POLL NOV 4, 2019

Southtowner

17 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Salem Peabody will more than likely mercy rule every team to cookeville Except Fairley 

Both posts can be accurate. Peabody can be both the best 2A team in the state and also have an incredibly easy and non-challenging schedule.

By all accounts they have an excellent coach and a once in a generation group of kids. The question on this thread and the other was why go the guaranteed win route with teams like Sheffield (1-9) , Booker T. (5-5) , and Obion County (1-8). Maybe the schedule looked tough on paper last spring. Maybe they thought their region this year would be much stronger and maybe they assumed non region games with Milan and South Side were big enough tests. Regardless, it won't be answered because it can't even be discussed on here. The reasons given have been disputed by other teams and no one in the know has chimed in. 

15 minutes ago, Salem said:

Both posts can be accurate. Peabody can be both the best 2A team in the state and also have an incredibly easy and non-challenging schedule.

By all accounts they have an excellent coach and a once in a generation group of kids. The question on this thread and the other was why go the guaranteed win route with teams like Sheffield (1-9) , Booker T. (5-5) , and Obion County (1-8). Maybe the schedule looked tough on paper last spring. Maybe they thought their region this year would be much stronger and maybe they assumed non region games with Milan and South Side were big enough tests. Regardless, it won't be answered because it can't even be discussed on here. The reasons given have been disputed by other teams and no one in the know has chimed in. 

I know for a fact that Henry county and Huntingdon and hay wood were contacted. It just wouldn’t work coach made and effort and we had to pay to fill the schedule. why would we want to pay someone to play ? 

On 11/5/2019 at 9:32 PM, lakecounty1968 said:

You did not offer Lake County nothing at all to play. I know this for a fact. Lake County was looking for games also. If you meant Lewis County then my mistake but again Peabody in no way, shape or form even called to play Lake County and again I know that for a fact. So, if you are referring to Lake County you are dead wrong. If Lewis County then my bad and sorry for the post.

No, No, No my brother.  You guys turned us down.  You will never admit it and that's ok.  But you guys turned us down.  You should get your info from a better source

1 minute ago, Golddoctor said:

No, No, No my brother.  You guys turned us down.  You will never admit it and that's ok.  But you guys turned us down.  You should get your info from a better source

Dude, I have told you that I would know for a fact. Sorry, it never happened. Peabody never contacted Lake County. It's ok defending your schedule but like I said I know for a fact no call was made to LC. It doesn't matter anyway. The Tide are 11 and 0 and still playing.

1 minute ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Dude, I have told you that I would know for a fact. Sorry, it never happened. Peabody never contacted Lake County. It's ok defending your schedule but like I said I know for a fact no call was made to LC. It doesn't matter anyway. The Tide are 11 and 0 and still playing.

You are right it does not matter.  Good luck to you guys in the playoffs.  Can't wait to see the Huntingdon/LC matchup.  Wow!