Round 2: Oneida @ Hampton

crow

6 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Had nothing to do with aiding the TD either. Defender should have been ignored, but it appears much of his body was in front of Defender...film may be clearer but that flag was ridiculous at that point. I agree with your post 

It shouldn't be a factor because the rule is garbage, second shouldn't be a factor because like you said didn't aid the TD so unnecessary block. That coupled with the rule means now days you either have to "screen" with your body or let it go untouched. I'd like to see a better video but looks like a justified flag on a terrible rule. This rule has bit us numerous times. Hard to teach a team to be physical but don't block in this situation. Seen several teams that are traditionally hard hitters struggle with this rule us included. 

1 minute ago, crow said:

It shouldn't be a factor because the rule is garbage, second shouldn't be a factor because like you said didn't aid the TD so unnecessary block. That coupled with the rule means now days you either have to "screen" with your body or let it go untouched. I'd like to see a better video but looks like a justified flag on a terrible rule. This rule has bit us numerous times. Hard to teach a team to be physical but don't block in this situation. Seen several teams that are traditionally hard hitters struggle with this rule us included. 

We've struggled with it also. Just a kid trying to make a play too  

3 minutes ago, crow said:

And to see (as you will) the aggressive tackles and hits, head to head cracking all night with no flags then throw that flag is mind boggling to me. Then again, we contain two runs, and we ain't worried about it Haha!

6 hours ago, crow said:

Not sure why but Im thinking Watertown might get the win. I like that TC bunch though. 

I don’t know crow, Bledsoe played them pretty close last night, 28-21 in the 4th, and I’ve seen Bledsoe play about 4 times this year, IMO Meigs would mercy Bledsoe, (IF) Watertown wins and Meigs wins, I think Meigs has a really good chance to get to Cookeville.

25 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

I don’t know crow, Bledsoe played them pretty close last night, 28-21 in the 4th, and I’ve seen Bledsoe play about 4 times this year, IMO Meigs would mercy Bledsoe, (IF) Watertown wins and Meigs wins, I think Meigs has a really good chance to get to Cookeville.

In my opinion Meigs with the additions are in the divers seat to get to TTU.

5 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

And to see (as you will) the aggressive tackles and hits, head to head cracking all night with no flags then throw that flag is mind boggling to me. Then again, we contain two runs, and we ain't worried about it Haha!

You are correct the bottom line just like when we played Meigs,you make stops you win!Illegal blocks are illegal blocks 20 yards away or right in the play it dont matter it has burned all teams at some point.Sounded like a real good game tho as i expected.

6 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

You are correct the bottom line just like when we played Meigs,you make stops you win!Illegal blocks are illegal blocks 20 yards away or right in the play it dont matter it has burned all teams at some point.Sounded like a real good game tho as i expected.

I’ll bet you I’ve seen 10 TD’s called back on Meigs on flags 50 yards behind the play this year.

30 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

I’ll bet you I’ve seen 10 TD’s called back on Meigs on flags 50 yards behind the play this year.

Unfortunately, that's a true story.:angry:

Doesn't make it the wrong call though even if it had no affect on the play. I like structure in things. Rules are rules. 

Edited by Imthayeti

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

Don’t get to excited... it was 28-7 to start the third and our kids put on the brakes. It happens. 

14 minutes ago, HamptonBulldogs1 said:

I agree with you, ask Elizabethton how important a kicker is in their game against Greeneville a couple of weeks ago

Yes sir,  the game is called "foot" ball.  Yet,  people are content with keeping their head in the sand.  Kicking can be taught from a young age.  A good kicker can reverse the field.  Put points on the board from at least the 30 yard line.  I was fortunate to play on a team with the best kicker to ever play up here.  In 93,  we beat Coalfield 17-14 because he hit a 32 yarder late in the game.  Same year, we beat Hampton 13-6 after he kicked two field goals in that game.  Extra points have won and lost more games up here than any other devilry that could be conjured up.  CAK's 2003 upset comes to mind.  They kicked a field goal early in the game and that made the difference.  Going for 2 at any level is much harder than kicking it through the uprights.  I feel like its been neglected and blown off as unimportant as no one wants to teach it to the young'uns.