Round 2: Oneida @ Hampton

crow

4 minutes ago, pujo said:

Anyone who justifies that call. If this happened to any other team in the state ,they would be on here making their case. Its over and can't be undone, jusy don't try to sugar it down. Sad

+100000. Very sad. To take away something from a bunch of boys that worked so hard to get something in that final minute is gutless and shameful. I would be embarrassed to show myself in public if I was that POC. Shoulda heard how these referees were on our sideline. Cowards/KnowNothings. Nothing we can do about it now but completely bs. Agree with Pujo.

Just now, Uknolil said:

+100000. Very sad. To take away something from a bunch of boys that worked so hard to get something in that final minute is gutless and shameful. I would be embarrassed to show myself in public if I was that POC. Shoulda heard how these referees were on our sideline. Cowards/KnowNothings. Nothing we can do about it now but completely bs. Agree with Pujo.

The rule is for a flagrant blind side block that could actually hurt someone. What happened in this case wouldn't hurt an 80 year old woman. Had absolutely nothing to do with safety.

23 minutes ago, pujo said:

Anyone who justifies that call. If this happened to any other team in the state ,they would be on here making their case. Its over and can't be undone, jusy don't try to sugar it down. Sad

Are there any justification to any game a call changes the outcome for said team??We had the exact same call last night on a TD only it didnt change the outcome Meigs and us BOTH had it in our game.One was on a TD called back on Meigs.My only stance is it is a rule that we all are supposed to abide by.I DO NOT LIKE IT AT ALL but its gonna be called if they think it happened.I think the world of ALL you guys up there but it is what is and our game is changing for the worst.Has 0 to do with a region 1 team thats just silly.

6 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Are there any justification to any game a call changes the outcome for said team??We had the exact same call last night on a TD only it didnt change the outcome Meigs and us BOTH had it in our game.One was on a TD called back on Meigs.My only stance is it is a rule that we all are supposed to abide by.I DO NOT LIKE IT AT ALL but its gonna be called if they think it happened.I think the world of ALL you guys up there but it is what is and our game is changing for the worst.Has 0 to do with a region 1 team thats just silly.

Call it anything you want to.

Just watched it and it would have been a easy TD if the Hampton player didn’t touch him. These rules are killin football and I would feel same way if the roles were reversed. They teach kids to keep their head on a swivel and the Hampton player done just that player crossed his face and he layed him out. It’s hard to teach players just don’t touch them when football is a contact sport and this stupid rule has only been around what a year maybe 2. 

We had one called on us by the Back Judge in the Jo Byrns game.   The White Hat saw it differently and picked up the flag and waved it off.  

There are times when a call shouldn't be made.  You just have to be a better official and swallow your whistle at the appropriate time.  Which in my opinion would be a game changing call.  

1 minute ago, crow said:

Well except a specific rule against that type of block of course. 

Nah. You can’t call a blind side block or a hit on a defenseless player or whatever you wanna call it, when the one who initiated the contact was in front of the one who received it. Watching film it was a good clean block, and should have been treated as such. The boy didn’t even hit the ground, and it did not cause harm to the player . My grandmother could have taken the hit, sitting down .  Bull crap call but nothing we can do about it.