Round 2: Oneida @ Hampton

crow

19 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Seriously,  i would've loved being a part of that. My dad was a tremendous pastor and i still can't believe to this day that he let me play for cland in the early 90s.  The kids were far rougher than they are today.  Hampton and cland were feared and not just on the football field 

Loved listening to your dad preach when I hung out with Tommy and went to church with him.

2 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Do yall play Meigs in basketball? I dont follow it much. Was told tonight our girls are pretty good this year.

One of the greatest games ever played up here was in 2014 against meigs.  We lost by 4. Had a girl get temporarily paralyzed after falling on her head. They were arguably the 2 best teams in the state that year

Just now, THE KING said:

One of the greatest games ever played up here was in 2014 against meigs.  We lost by 4. Had a girl get temporarily paralyzed after falling on her head. They were arguably the 2 best teams in the state that year

Glad temporarily was in that sentenced. Sounded like a great one.

Just now, dogtruth said:

Yeš both defenses played outstanding. On our TD that was called back, the penalty put us 1st down and back to the 28 yard line. So the clip had to occur around the 18 yard line as our receiver was already in the end zone? My point being if there was a clip, it had nothing to do with TD. It's a shame that anyone had to lose this game, however I agree with crow in that there is more to life than football and I appreciate that post too. Good luck to the Indians next week against Meigs. Bulldogs  you have nothing to hang your head about tonight. Great effort and everyone is proud of you.

Flag was on the 3 if I recall correctly and penality nowhere near receiver...Defender shouldn't have been touched...Jonah had the TD ....that's the way the cookie crumbled tonight...We controlled the game well, messed up and gave up two runs for TD each and lost at the end....Conor had to go for the TD to win on 4th down...looks like he may have broke his passing hand at some point earlier... Doesn't look good.

Just now, uknoit2 said:

Flag was on the 3 if I recall correctly and penality nowhere near receiver...Defender shouldn't have been touched...Jonah had the TD ....that's the way the cookie crumbled tonight...We controlled the game well, messed up and gave up two runs for TD each and lost at the end....Conor had to go for the TD to win on 4th down...looks like he may have broke his passing hand at some point earlier... Doesn't look good.

Hate hearing that, sounded like there was some hitting going on for both sides. Hope it's nothing to serious. 

6 minutes ago, crow said:

Heard both ways. Some say no penalty, others say it clearly happened but was not necessary as making it had no affect on the play other than the penalty of course. I did hear TL say it happened very close to him and it was a blind side. I hate a call like that impacted the outcome but it did whether it actually happened or not will come to light on film but will remain irrelevant unfortunately. Good hard fought game by both sides though as usual. 

All that is correct...Pass was dead on, route was perfect and Nobody was catching Jonah...that one defender that far away wasn't gonna do anything and should not have even been touched. But a flag like that should not be thrown...it was and over! I won't see my youngest throw to his brother Jonah anymore but they have given us a year of fun, exciting football.

4 minutes ago, crow said:

Hate hearing that, sounded like there was some hitting going on for both sides. Hope it's nothing to serious. 

Ah, we'll see tomorrow...there were some hits for sure and Conor took some of the hardest and gave a few too....The one to the jaw in the 3rd slowed him a minute. He'll feel that one tomorrow