Riverside vs Waverly Round 2 of Round 2

vandyfan1

9 minutes ago, Salem said:

Well this year's center must be a stud because every time someone from Trousdale mentions their QB was injured in the title game the next response is always but our center was out!

Starting safety broke his arm in first quarter. He was one of our receivers also. There were other out too 

the guy who started at center during the championship game is one of our linebackers this year. He played linebacker last year while another player was injured.  It was a big mismatch during the trousdale game he only weighs like 190 pounds 

Edited by Tide21

Just now, Tide21 said:

Football is about matchups right ? 
Trenton is small and slow. We just hope that if we get to play Forrest we can compete with the all world Forrest team. 

Peabody is lucky to have made it this far in the season honestly. Heard they’re going to 8 man football next year just so they actually have a shot to be competitive 

6 hours ago, Tide21 said:

Football is about matchups right ? 
Trenton is small and slow. We just hope that if we get to play Forrest we can compete with the all world Forrest team. 

6 hours ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Peabody is lucky to have made it this far in the season honestly. Heard they’re going to 8 man football next year just so they actually have a shot to be competitive 

I hope y’all don’t get to watch the Tide beat down the Rockets. I hope to see you guys in Waverly in two weeks

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

I hope y’all don’t get to watch the Tide beat down the Rockets. I hope to see you guys in Waverly in two weeks

Hopefully we can take care of business the next two weeks and you guys do too.  We have to beat McKenzie and  Both fairley and union city is a tough game. I think union city last go around rushed more yards than anybody has in last 2 years. They have a good line 

11 hours ago, Salem said:

Peabody will be favored in every remaining game this year. Saying that, there will be teams that are even bigger favorites that lose at every level, every week in the high school, college, and professional levels. 

At this point the Peabody invincible hype is based on how they ended the 2018 season and the players they had returning. The skill guys all returned and are a year bigger and faster. However, the line did not. They lost some good lineman that made the skill guys look great last year. What's the most impressive performance of the 2019 season? Beating a 6-5 Milan? How many 2A teams would be 11-0 with the same schedule? At this point the invincibility is not based on what they have done this year but on what many believe they can do. 

We have some linemen left from last year and more depth in the line than last year.  As for Milan.  Have you seen who beat these guys.  They lost to two 1 lost teams, one team with 3 losses and 2 undefeated teams.  Our hype is based on this year, not last year.  We know we can be upset.  The kids know they have a target on their backs.  Lets see how this thing plays out.  Milan would beat just about every team on most 2A levels.  They have improved since playing us.  Don't try too diminish what we have accomplished by using our schedule.  We dealt with the same stuff last year.

Edited by Golddoctor

55 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Hopefully we can take care of business the next two weeks and you guys do too.  We have to beat McKenzie and  Both fairley and union city is a tough game. I think union city last go around rushed more yards than anybody has in last 2 years. They have a good line 

100 of those yards came against our 2nd and third string.  But ditto to that UC line.  They are good

20 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

We have some linemen left from last year and more depth in the line than last year.  As for Milan.  Have you seen who beat these guys.  They lost to two 1 lost teams, one team with 3 losses and 2 undefeated teams.  Our hype is based on this year, not last year.  We know we can be upset.  The kids know they have a target on their backs.  Lets see how this thing plays out.  Milan would beat just about every team on most 2A levels.  They have improved since playing us.  Don't try too diminish what we have accomplished by using our schedule.  We dealt with the same stuff last year.

Salem has an infatuation with our schedule. Milan is better than anyone on their schedule. 

3 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Yeah I know but they still moved the line more than I would have liked. 

They are still UC.  We must not forget that.  They will move the ball.  They just had a hard time stopping us.  I expect McKenzie to move the ball at times but they will not be able to keep us out of the endzone multiple times