Riverside vs Waverly Round 2 of Round 2

vandyfan1

19 minutes ago, Salem said:

Peabody will be favored in every remaining game this year. Saying that, there will be teams that are even bigger favorites that lose at every level, every week in the high school, college, and professional levels. 

At this point the Peabody invincible hype is based on how they ended the 2018 season and the players they had returning. The skill guys all returned and are a year bigger and faster. However, the line did not. They lost some good lineman that made the skill guys look great last year. What's the most impressive performance of the 2019 season? Beating a 6-5 Milan? How many 2A teams would be 11-0 with the same schedule? At this point the invincibility is not based on what they have done this year but on what many believe they can do. 

source.gif

Wavelry wins this and by 2-3 TDs. 

The Riverside hype over the Lewis win is being overstated. They beat a team by 4 points who 1. Was having a letdown over losing the Region title the previous week. 2.  Took Riverside for granted having thumped them on the road earlier in the season. 3. Has a history of faltering in the playoffs regardles of regular season performance. 

Waverly literally just beat this team 2 weeks ago.  Tigers 31 Rats 9

1 hour ago, Salem said:

Peabody will be favored in every remaining game this year. Saying that, there will be teams that are even bigger favorites that lose at every level, every week in the high school, college, and professional levels. 

At this point the Peabody invincible hype is based on how they ended the 2018 season and the players they had returning. The skill guys all returned and are a year bigger and faster. However, the line did not. They lost some good lineman that made the skill guys look great last year. What's the most impressive performance of the 2019 season? Beating a 6-5 Milan? How many 2A teams would be 11-0 with the same schedule? At this point the invincibility is not based on what they have done this year but on what many believe they can do. 

Careful Salem. Words can hurt... tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Salem said:

Our smallest lineman is about 230. I know size isn’t everything but our line play is just fine. The two defensive tackles are about 280. The guards and tackles are between 260- 285. Our schedule was just as goods as Forrests schedule and Milan is better than anyone forrest has played. 

dickson our running back is as big as some forrest’s  linemen. 

yes upsets happen at every level. We have to play one game at a time. 

Edited by Tide21

2 hours ago, Salem said:

You guys just keep beating the heck outta that dead horse about Peabody’s schedule... yes we know Peabody’s schedule wasn’t that tough. Okay. Cool. Fine. We get it. Is there any other point that actually concerns the play on the field that you guys would like to actually address? 

40 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Our smallest lineman is about 230. I know size isn’t everything but our line play is just fine. The two defensive tackles are about 280. The guards and tackles are between 260- 285. Our schedule was just as goods as Forrests schedule and Milan is better than anyone forrest has played. 

dickson our running back is as big as some forrest’s  linemen. 

yes upsets happen at every level. We have to play one game at a time. 

too bad football scores arent decided by fans bragging on the physical prowess of teenagers 

19 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

You guys just keep beating the heck outta that dead horse about Peabody’s schedule... yes we know Peabody’s schedule wasn’t that tough. Okay. Cool. Fine. We get it. Is there any other point that actually concerns the play on the field that you guys would like to actually address? 

he did. the line guys you lost. 

1 minute ago, GeneralForrest said:

he did. the line guys you lost. 

I believe they lost 2 & replaced those 2 with lineman of equal value. Actually if I’m correct, the center for Peabody that graduated last year didn’t even play most of the playoffs & the state championship game because of injury. The center now in my personal opinion is better than last years. 

1 minute ago, FightingBlue0 said:

I believe they lost 2 & replaced those 2 with lineman of equal value. Actually if I’m correct, the center for Peabody that graduated last year didn’t even play most of the playoffs & the state championship game because of injury. The center now in my personal opinion is better than last years. 

He didn’t he had a knee injury. I know he didn’t play in the championship game.