Cornersville @ Huntingdon

footballover

9 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

How is the Mt. Pleasant player that was injured against McEwen. It's probably been posted and I missed it.

Coach Bradley of MP posted Saturday that he was home and resting and thanked everyone for their thoughts and prayers. Glad to hear that he is going to be ok.

Per DStew:

Cornersville Bulldogs
City- Cornersville
County- Marshall
Enrollment- 309
Last Season’s Record- 14-1, lost to Whitwell in 1A State Title Game
Region- 5-1A
Head Coach- Gerard Randolph (35-16 in four years at Cornersville)
Offensive Coordinator- Gerard Randolph
Defensive Coordinator- Eliot Cook
Offense-Multiple
Defense- 4-3
Returning Starters on Offense/Defense- 5 (2 Off/3 Def)
Last Playoff Appearance- 2018
Key Returnees- Michael Bungay (OL/DE, Sr.), Dylan Baus (OL/DL, Sr.), Houston Williams (OL/DL, Sr.), Wes Calahan (RB/FS, Sr.), Devon Massengill (OL/OLB, Sr.), Trace Griest (WR/DB, Sr.), Cameron Estes (WR/SS, Sr.), Brady Calahan (RB/FS, Jr.), Alex Hillard (RB/DB, Jr.), Rhett Woodard (RB/LB, Soph.)
Key Losses- Eli Woodard (QB/FS), Trenten Warren (RB/LB), Cameron Whitaker (RB/WR/SS), C.J Coble (OL/LB), Peyton Finch (TE/LB), Devin Baus (OL/FB/LB), Blake Pickett (WR/DB), Alex Webster (OL/DL), Ryan Prosser (WR), Payton Cooper (WR/FS), Clayton Mitchell (OL), Henlee Mitchell (QB), Ethan Courtemanche (OLB/WR), Jacob Brooks (OL/LB)

Per DStew:

Huntingdon Mustangs
City- Huntingdon
County- Carroll
Enrollment- 367
Last Season’s Record- 12-1, lost to Cornersville in 1A Quarterfinals
Region- 6-1A
Head Coach- Eric Swenson (115-42 overall, 98-37 in 11 years at Huntingdon)
Offensive Coordinator- Eric Swenson
Defensive Coordinator- Robbie Miller
Offense- Wing T
Defense- 3-4
Returning Starters on Offense/Defense- 15 (7 Off/8 Def)
Key Returnees- Brandon Lawton (RB, Sr.), Hunter Ensley (QB/RB, Sr.), Konner Pearson (LB, Sr.), Drake Butler (OL/DL, Sr.), Bo McLemore (LB, Sr.), Devin McClerkin (FB/LB, Sr.), Steven Rich (LB, Sr.), Quinton Williams (LB, Sr.)
Key Losses- Dallas Willis (RB), Austin Avery (LB), Joseph Richardson (DE)

8 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Per DStew:

Cornersville Bulldogs
City- Cornersville
County- Marshall
Enrollment- 309
Last Season’s Record- 14-1, lost to Whitwell in 1A State Title Game
Region- 5-1A
Head Coach- Gerard Randolph (35-16 in four years at Cornersville)
Offensive Coordinator- Gerard Randolph
Defensive Coordinator- Eliot Cook
Offense-Multiple
Defense- 4-3
Returning Starters on Offense/Defense- 5 (2 Off/3 Def)
Key Returnees- Michael Bungay (OL/DE, Sr.), Dylan Baus (OL/DL, Sr.), Houston Williams (OL/DL, Sr.), Wes Calahan (RB/FS, Sr.), Devon Massengill (OL/OLB, Sr.), Trace Griest (WR/DB, Sr.), Cameron Estes (WR/SS, Sr.), Brady Calahan (RB/FS, Jr.), Alex Hillard (RB/DB, Jr.), Rhett Woodard (RB/LB, Soph.)
Key Losses- Eli Woodard (QB/FS), Trenten Warren (RB/LB), Cameron Whitaker (RB/WR/SS), C.J Coble (OL/LB), Peyton Finch (TE/LB), Devin Baus (OL/FB/LB), Blake Pickett (WR/DB), Alex Webster (OL/DL), Ryan Prosser (WR), Payton Cooper (WR/FS), Clayton Mitchell (OL), Henlee Mitchell (QB), Ethan Courtemanche (OLB/WR), Jacob Brooks (OL/LB)

Most definitely key losses.

8 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Per DStew:

Huntingdon Mustangs
City- Huntingdon
County- Carroll
Enrollment- 367
Last Season’s Record- 12-1, lost to Cornersville in 1A Quarterfinals
Region- 6-1A
Head Coach- Eric Swenson (115-42 overall, 98-37 in 11 years at Huntingdon)
Offensive Coordinator- Eric Swenson
Defensive Coordinator- Robbie Miller
Offense- Wing T
Defense- 3-4
Returning Starters on Offense/Defense- 15 (7 Off/8 Def)
Key Returnees- Brandon Lawton (RB, Sr.), Hunter Ensley (QB/RB, Sr.), Konner Pearson (LB, Sr.), Drake Butler (OL/DL, Sr.), Bo McLemore (LB, Sr.), Devin McClerkin (FB/LB, Sr.), Steven Rich (LB, Sr.), Quinton Williams (LB, Sr.)
Key Losses- Dallas Willis (RB), Austin Avery (LB), Joseph Richardson (DE)

On paper, Huntingdon should win.

Well I was intrigued so I went back and looked at 50 + pages from last season and saw where one poster said He wouldn’t miss ol coach if he was gone and another said his playoff record sucked. Can’t really argue with the playoff record...but I did find that picture of the corn dog player riding the stang so the trip was worth the time. Now how do I post it???

I've seen Cornersville twice this year.  

@ Fayetteville & @ Huntland. 

It's no secret they aren't the team of the last couple years.  I'm sure they will be the first to say so.  

And there's nothing wrong with Huntingdon marking this game on their calendar.  After being knocked out the playoffs the last 2 years by the Dawgs, who wouldn't have it marked?

I see this game getting away from Cornersville early 3rd quarter.  There's a reason Cornersville finished 3rd (2nd) in region 5. I wish both teams the best of luck.  And I think this is a Huntingdon win by 4-5 tds. 

1 minute ago, Southtowner said:

It's no secret they aren't the team of the last couple years.  I'm sure they will be the first to say so.  

And there's nothing wrong with Huntingdon marking this game on their calendar.  After being knocked out the playoffs the last 2 years by the Dawgs, who wouldn't have it marked?

I see this game getting away from Cornersville early 3rd quarter.  There's a reason Cornersville finished 3rd (2nd) in region 5. I wish both teams the best of luck.  And I think this is a Huntingdon win by 4-5 tds. 

I tend to agree with your assessment, as I said before we have to do a better job of ball security and discipline so this team can play to their full potential.

7 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I will definitely say we aren't the team of the last couple of seasons. You were lucky enough to attend two of the worst defensive games we played this season. 

• CoachT locked this topic