Cornersville @ Huntingdon

footballover

52 minutes ago, Orangecountry said:

What common opponent of Mcewen did y’all play this year that makes you think y’all are better. Y’all couldn’t even beat community 

He is not a CV fan. Again research is important. 

If y'all are hanging your hat on a season opening loss to community, you have problems.

Huntingdon fans are well aware of how important each week is now.  Not the first time down this road.

Speaking for myself, I have never called for Swenson to be fired but to say the last few years have been disappointing would be an understatement.  I would love for Huntingdon to be playing for a championship every year but that is unrealistic.  

My biggest aggravation is watching an offense be shut down against good defenses with no apparent back up plan.  There is something to be said for the statement, "Do what got you here".  However, when you could play the jv and win almost every game I don't believe that applies.  In 2003 after the regular season loss to Milan, Huntingdon changed the offense because the coaches knew it was not good enough to beat them in the playoffs.

Against Cornersville last year, Huntingdon at least attempted some passes but not really anything shorter than 10 yards.  

Huntingdon needs to make defenses think and not just follow the qb to the ball.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Huntingdon fans are well aware of how important each week is now.  Not the first time down this road.

Speaking for myself, I have never called for Swenson to be fired but to say the last few years have been disappointing would be an understatement.  I would love for Huntingdon to be playing for a championship every year but that is unrealistic.  

My biggest aggravation is watching an offense be shut down against good defenses with no apparent back up plan.  There is something to be said for the statement, "Do what got you here".  However, when you could play the jv and win almost every game I don't believe that applies.  In 2003 after the regular season loss to Milan, Huntingdon changed the offense because the coaches knew it was not good enough to beat them in the playoffs.

Against Cornersville last year, Huntingdon at least attempted some passes but not really anything shorter than 10 yards.  

That's the problem with Swenson. 

16 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

I am by no means a Swenson hater, matter of fact I’m the opposite. My pet peeve with the whole system is that if your going to run an old school smash mouth system then you need to be old school in fundamentals and discipline. I’m not one of these guys that thinks you have to air it out a bunch but you need to work the intermediate middle of the field a bit just to back the linebackers off. If he would just coach in the playoffs the same as regular season and not get so tight that will be a big improvement. I’m hearing some good things and hope we leave everything on the field. If we use the weapons available we will be a hard out. GO MUSTANGS!

30 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

The part that puzzles me is he was the offensive coordinator in 2003.

I’m not saying this is the case but a lot of times in high school the offensive coordinator is nothing more than a spotter relaying information to the head coach and the head coach calls the plays and says what offense the team runs 

• CoachT locked this topic