Huntingdon vs Huntland

Waker

6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I don’t remember seeing anybody boasting about beating Cornersville last night.... talking about moving on to round 3? Sure.  Everyone knew they were in rebuild mode.  Like y’all, we’ve also played them with underclassmen the last 2 years.  We will be in a similar situation next year.

Lets just get past Huntland and you all West Carroll.  Then we can talk about the showdown on opening day of Duck Season.

Go back to bed

no one was talking to you

18 minutes ago, MustangGuru said:

Reflecting back on last night's game... Did we ever get any clarity on why the ref that got knocked down got up pissed off and chunked the flag down? It was obvious he was mad and somebody was going to pay for it, just curious if it was ever explained or was justified

Cornersville got a personal foul on that play I believe so I think a Huntingdon player was hit late and might have caused him to fall down

7 hours ago, Waker said:

Do you think you made it a week longer because you were better or because you didn’t face Cornersville until a week later? I think Cornersville didn’t beat y’all worse because they were beat up from the war the week before. And the 2 weeks of travel. I talked to a group of Cornersville dads before the game last night that said the difference between Huntingdon and LC wasn’t even close last season. 

That game was played in a monsoon.

Huntingdon fans: if you are going through Fayetteville on Hwy 64 my favorite eating place is Marvin's Family Restaurant. It is buffet style, great food, and you can be in and out quick. 4130 Thornton Taylor Pkwy, Fayetteville, TN 37334

If you like Mexican, Las Trojas is only a mile or so out of your way: 1218 Huntsville Hwy D, Fayetteville, TN 37334

If you prefer a burger, fast food, then turn toward Huntsville and there are several there.

If you prefer Cracker Barrel there is one at the Columbia exit on I-65 South. 1534 Bear Creek Pike, Columbia

From Fayetteville you are about 25 minutes from Huntland.

GPS address for Huntland High is 400 Gore St, Huntland, TN 37345

• Upvote 2

If you want to avoid I-40 and I-65 then go to Lexington, Parsons, Clifton, 64 (four-lane) straight (by straight I really mean don't get off 64. There are a couple of turns) to Huntland. Beautiful, relaxing drive with very little traffic which will take about 15 minutes longer than 40, 840, 65 would.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Huntingdon,+Tennessee+38344/Huntland,+Tennessee+37345/@35.5644211,-87.4972722,9z/data=!4m19!4m18!1m10!1m1!1s0x887b8c064647f88b:0x79d18d41f754ef92!2m2!1d-88.4281063!2d36.0006178!3m4!1m2!1d-87.9106423!2d35.3058441!3s0x887ce6eaace5a3e9:0xd56a6e4f0b20fbb8!1m5!1m1!1s0x886229ed1940d159:0xb1215ec3ab6fb48!2m2!1d-86.2697099!2d35.0511972!3e0

• Upvote 1