Hardin County at Springfield 4A quarterfinals

JacketLover

11 hours ago, bigredmachine said:

I don't know about anyone else, but I would never want to be anything remotely close to those people.  

That makes perfect sense, why would you want to be like the SHS Jackets?  We are just back-to-back region champs.  We have been to the quarter finals 5 straight years, the semis two straight years and finals 2 years ago.  

Why desire to try to duplicate our accomplishments when you can wallow in mediocrity in White House.  This year you only defeated one team with a winning record (Mont Central) and NONE that went to the playoffs.  Going into your last game you were 4-5 and had to beat a 2-7 Greenbrier team to finish at .500.  

yep, BDP has got it all together 

now back to the game

Edited by TheCommissioner
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Poundtherock23 said:

Trader give us your opinion on this game. I know you keep up with the programs on the west side of the river better than us Mid-TN folks. 
 That South Side team form last year had one of the best defenses we saw all year, and yes, both Haywood teams were beasts. I do agree the west side has had the easier path in 4A the last couple of years, but hey you play who you play.

I don't honestly know enough about them to know how good they are. Usually you can look at who beat who and compare scores, and sort of figure it out. This year the measuring sticks have been all over the place... Milan, McNairy, Lexington, North side, Crockett, Westview... all of them have been great on occasion, and awful on others. Makes it hard to form an opinion. I will say that Hardin has been fairly consistent, but more impressive early in the season than recently. I just wrote a book and said nothing, but that's the best I've got. If I had to pick a score, I'd probably side with the Jackets by two scores.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I don't honestly know enough about them to know how good they are. Usually you can look at who beat who and compare scores, and sort of figure it out. This year the measuring sticks have been all over the place... Milan, McNairy, Lexington, North side, Crockett, Westview... all of them have been great on occasion, and awful on others. Makes it hard to form an opinion. I will say that Hardin has been fairly consistent, but more impressive early in the season than recently. I just wrote a book and said nothing, but that's the best I've got. If I had to pick a score, I'd probably side with the Jackets by two scores.

I understand what you mean about the head to heads being sporadic. Heck that 3A region with the above mentioned teams, was wild how it ended it up. I hope the Jackets win by two TD’s. I know they’re more than capable, but the weather will play a huge factor in my honest opinion. Should be a fun one to watch.