Hardin County at Springfield 4A quarterfinals

JacketLover

18 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I don't honestly know enough about them to know how good they are. Usually you can look at who beat who and compare scores, and sort of figure it out. This year the measuring sticks have been all over the place... Milan, McNairy, Lexington, North side, Crockett, Westview... all of them have been great on occasion, and awful on others. Makes it hard to form an opinion. I will say that Hardin has been fairly consistent, but more impressive early in the season than recently. I just wrote a book and said nothing, but that's the best I've got. If I had to pick a score, I'd probably side with the Jackets by two scores.

I was thinking with the cold and rain we would be lucky to get two scores.  I am looking at 14-8 either way

According to the latest forecast, it looks like we are going to luck out weather wise. Rain is forecast for Friday morning but it’s supposed to stop midday. The wind should be a non factor as well. The Jackets’ field has been chewed up a little the last couple of weeks but it drains as well as any field can and should be in good shape come game time. You won’t find a better cared for high school field anywhere. Temperatures will be in the high 40s so it will be perfect football weather, so game on! 

One streak will end Friday night; will it be Hardin County’s 11 game winning streak or Springfield’s 8 game winning streak versus Region 6?! I like the Jackets in this one 27-21.

Ok I guess I will make my pick now that it's game day. I believe we have one of the best coaching staffs in the state and will have the Jackets prepared, our pass defense has been a strength since the Marshall co game and that is relevant for this week. HC will not be an easy out by any means. I got the Jackets in a squeaker 21-17.

5 hours ago, JacketLover said:

According to the latest forecast, it looks like we are going to luck out weather wise. Rain is forecast for Friday morning but it’s supposed to stop midday. The wind should be a non factor as well. The Jackets’ field has been chewed up a little the last couple of weeks but it drains as well as any field can and should be in good shape come game time. You won’t find a better cared for high school field anywhere. Temperatures will be in the high 40s so it will be perfect football weather, so game on! 

One streak will end Friday night; will it be Hardin County’s 11 game winning streak or Springfield’s 8 game winning streak versus Region 6?! I like the Jackets in this one 27-21.

It’s after 4 AM and I just checked the radar.....the forecast still the same :thumb:. Im expecting a big crowd. Safe travels Hardin fans.

1 hour ago, Kevin38 said:

Ok I guess I will make my pick now that it's game day. I believe we have one of the best coaching staffs in the state and will have the Jackets prepared, our pass defense has been a strength since the Marshall co game and that is relevant for this week. HC will not be an easy out by any means. I got the Jackets in a squeaker 21-17.

I going 

SHS-18

Hardin-14

2 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

This is a tuff one to pick. Unless one of these coaches have seen a weakness of the other team they can take advantage of should be a close game. I think the Tigers are good enough to win if they can stay disciplined in all three phases of the game. 

Tigers 21

jackets 14

go Tigers!!!

3 hours ago, brian2000 said:

It’s after 4 AM and I just checked the radar.....the forecast still the same :thumb:. Im expecting a big crowd. Safe travels Hardin fans.

I, as well, am expecting a big crowd tonight to cheer on the Yellow Jackets. If I'm not mistaken, the Yellow Jackets are the only show in our county that's still playing. I believe you can also say that they are the only show left playing in all of Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Robertson and Sumner counties combined. That being said, there should be plenty of high school football fans 'round these parts looking for something to do on a Friday night. Come on down the road and watch some playoff football. It's just a short drive down Hwy 49 or Hwy 76 for y'all, especially for those that straddle the RobCo/SumCo line. Go JACKETS!!! #SPT

On 11/19/2019 at 2:45 PM, ilovethegame said:

Everyone stop what your doing and go get copacanobra on this threat saying he hopes the Jackets lose! NOW!!!

THIS is the official "Amber Alert" for @copacanobra. All authorities have been notified and we have issued an APB to be on the lookout for a small blue "devil" with a tucked tail headed up Hwy 76 east. Said devil was the last individual seen accompanying Mr. Copacanobra. Please reply back to the 'T' if you have any information pertaining to the whereabouts of Mr. Copacanobra. Thank you very much for your help!

Edited by FargoStrut
Spelling error

1 hour ago, FargoStrut said:

THIS is the official "Amber Alert" for @copacanobra. All authorities have been notified and we have issued an APB to be on the lookout for a small blue "devil" with a tucked tail headed up Hwy 76 east. Said devil was the last individual seen accompanying Mr. Copacanobra. Please reply back to the 'T' if you have any information pertaining to the whereabouts of Mr. Copacanobra. Thank you very much for your help!

now thats funny. i guess he figures he will not say anything this week 

After watching endless Hardin film I've seen a few weaknesses i believe the Jackets will expose tonight. Hardin has had some trouble with that center and his snaps, heavy pressure with crowd noise and a wet ball wont help that. This will be a great one but i see home field, great crowd and jackets rolling being the difference!

Hardin County 13 - Springfield 28

I hate to be the bearer of good and bad news, but the Jackets longtime friend, @copacanobra has been spotted, but not how we all had hoped for. A few of us had formed a search party today and went looking for our old friend who was last seen in the presence of his wee little blue devil friend with the tucked tail headed back up Hwy 76 east. Our search led us to the WHHS back parking lot dumpsters and it is there that we saw his face on an empty milk carton. Seems like he dont wanna be spotted in person this week. However, we did find a sign near WHHS and in big letters it stated... Go JACKETS!!!  

• Like 1