Hardin County at Springfield 4A quarterfinals

JacketLover

1 hour ago, TheCommissioner said:

I believe this game is a toss up. It could be played 10 times and the outcome would be 5-5.  There are so many factors that it is hard to make a prediction.  How will Wolfe come back after his suspension (albeit it is any one game), rain, Hardin County with long travel game, cold, and lack of post game experience are just a few.  I am thinking the Jackets have a slight advantage because of it being a home game.  

Think your spot on. Home field big! Playoff experience big! Think I read y’all 9-1 against west Tn teams in the playoffs. Long travel is bad as well. 

4 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

Think your spot on. Home field big! Playoff experience big! Think I read y’all 9-1 against west Tn teams in the playoffs. Long travel is bad as well. 

You are correct. Springfield is 9-1 the last three years in the playoffs against West Tennessee teams. The Jackets are 8-0 against teams from region 6, and 1-1 against Haywood County. Springfield in 2017 beat Hardin County in Spfd in round one, then went in the road in rounds two and three and beat Lexington and then Jackson South Side.  The semi finals were at home against Haywood which Springfield won to go to Cookeville. The 2018 playoffs saw Springfield host Chester County in round one and South Side in round two, winning both and then going to Jackson North Side and winning in the quarterfinals. Haywood hosted the Jackets in the semifinals in a game that was moved to Jackson Christian Academy due to weather and poor field conditions at Haywood. The Tomcats won the rematch. This year we have beaten South Side and Lexington to get to this quarterfinal matchup with Hardin County. 

I don’t look at the traveling part as being much of a disadvantage for teams anymore. Most teams get charter buses and allow plenty of time to get to their destination. Springfield has been down I-40 enough to know. 

Edited by JacketLover

19 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

You are correct. Springfield is 9-1 the last three years in the playoffs against West Tennessee teams. The Jackets are 8-0 against teams from region 6, and 1-1 against Haywood County. Springfield in 2017 beat Hardin County in Spfd in round one, then went in the road in rounds two and three and beat Lexington and then Jackson South Side.  The semi finals were at home against Haywood which Springfield won to go to Cookeville. The 2018 playoffs saw Springfield host Chester County in round one and South Side in round two, winning both and then going to Jackson North Side and winning in the quarterfinals. Haywood hosted the Jackets in the semifinals in a game that was moved to Jackson Christian Academy due to weather and poor field conditions at Haywood. The Tomcats won the rematch. This year we have beaten South Side and Lexington to get to this quarterfinal matchup with Hardin County. 

I don’t look at the traveling part as being much of a disadvantage for teams anymore. Most teams get charter buses and allow plenty of time to get to their destination. Springfield has been down I-40 enough to know. 

Bad thing about steaks they got to end at some point. So if it does might as well be to Hardin County!!! lol 

49 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

Very good points, but most of the teams the 'Jackets beat from the west just weren't very good. One of the Southside teams was decent, and Haywood was a beast both years. Not any disrespect intended at all... I know how good you all were to have split with Haywood.

13 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Very good points, but most of the teams the 'Jackets beat from the west just weren't very good. One of the Southside teams was decent, and Haywood was a beast both years. Not any disrespect intended at all... I know how good you all were to have split with Haywood.

Very true. That North Side team last year was pretty good. That game was back and forth all night. 

21 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Trader give us your opinion on this game. I know you keep up with the programs on the west side of the river better than us Mid-TN folks. 
 That South Side team form last year had one of the best defenses we saw all year, and yes, both Haywood teams were beasts. I do agree the west side has had the easier path in 4A the last couple of years, but hey you play who you play.

1 hour ago, JacketLover said:

Streaks always end sometime.  I just hope the weather doesn’t play a big factor tomorrow night. 

Me too. If it bad enough to turn it his into a ground game that could favor y’all . This game is just a toss up to me . But HC is a lot different team than came to Springfield in 2017. It took a little over three qtrs to get creekwood out of there comfort zone. When we finally slowed Stansberry down they tried throwing on us and picked em twice. But from what I’ve seen of Springfield in watching them a lot this week. They look comfortable in any situation. Good defense and good running good passing. Gonna be a tough nut to crack.