Round 3 Fairley @ Peabody

Goldenpride

2 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Not just that... their coaches failed them big time. Who passes the ball in that situation? Mr. Football candidate in the backfield and you throw an interception with the game in hand with one first down. Probably didn't even need the first down if you run three times and punt.

1 minute ago, GCPioneer said:

Yea.... and then you run a reverse pass on two point conversion.... I agree.... I thought Fairley's coaches were doing an outstanding job up until the 4th quarter...

Pressure bust pipe!

3 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

Been that way for years and as far as I know it’s still a rule. As a coach you must know that

Apparently some coaches and a lot fans don't know that Lol

My post was to say, it is intentional grounding and was called on us this season. I haven't coached anything in years....I'm just an ole fan 

9 minutes ago, toinemac said:

Yea that call bothered me. It didn't make any sense. I thought maybe they were lined up wrong  at first but thats what they called. And can someone explain why didn't Fairley get an untimed down at the end of regulation. Or how a regulation penalty was assessed in OT.

The down ended when the player crossed out of bounds. By rule regulation is over when the down ended because time expired during the play. Since the hit occurred as a dead ball after the play, the penalty is enforced in the OT period. Technically the foul occurred after the game was ended.

Just now, uknoit2 said:

Apparently some coaches and a lot fans don't know that Lol

My post was to say, it is intentional grounding and was called on us this season. I haven't coached anything in years....I'm just an ole fan 

I’ve seen it called. I remember few years ago when we went to spread offense and our QB did it in a game and I was yelling what are we doing? You can’t do that. Then had to explain to few of our fans. They was all upset because refs flagged us.  I said that is all on coaching. They have to know that. Even the movie Varsity blues when they was in spread to kill clock he threw it out of bounds. Hit the mascot but no flag. Lol

2 minutes ago, Guest99 said:

The down ended when the player crossed out of bounds. By rule regulation is over when the down ended because time expired during the play. Since the hit occurred as a dead ball after the play, the penalty is enforced in the OT period. Technically the foul occurred after the game was ended.

So, what if the game was not tied and did not go to overtime.... what would be the call then? Ball Game?

Edited by GCPioneer

4 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

So, what if the game was not tied and did not go to overtime.... what would be the call then? Ball Game?

Correct. Only exception to that is a horse collar. That is enforced as a live ball and that would have extended the game by a play. The late hit does not. They got it right. Also folks on here are right about the grounding. HS rule you have to take a hand to hand snap to spike it.

Edited by Guest99

1 minute ago, sum1uno said:

I’ve seen it called. I remember few years ago when we went to spread offense and our QB did it in a game and I was yelling what are we doing? You can’t do that. Then had to explain to few of our fans. They was all upset because refs flagged us.  I said that is all on coaching. They have to know that. Even the movie Varsity blues when they was in spread to kill clock he threw it out of bounds. Hit the mascot but no flag. Lol

Lol I recall.

When mine spiked the ball in the gun, I was screaming the same thing as were the coaches. Sometimes these kids don't think especially if they're young...I bet mine never makes the mistake again...Hate it for this kid tonight