Round 3 Fairley @ Peabody

Goldenpride

Just now, GCPioneer said:

I gotchu... thanks

You're welcome. Now gonna delete this account because I'm not supposed to be on here. I enjoy reading about HS football though. Really I enjoy everything about football. Most of us do and that's why we call games. Just thought I would clarify since folks had questions about something confusing you rarely ever see.

First of all hats off to Fairley they were much better up front than I expected even with seeing limited clips. I have no ties to this game but I almost had a heart attack watching what I did. That interception by CB was amazing. I still question the call to pass there. Coming away from this from at least what I saw it.looked like Fairley might've been the better team but Peabody just wouldn't be denied. Hope Baugus is ok. Good luck next week 

20 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

First of all hats off to Fairley they were much better up front than I expected even with seeing limited clips. I have no ties to this game but I almost had a heart attack watching what I did. That interception by CB was amazing. I still question the call to pass there. Coming away from this from at least what I saw it.looked like Fairley might've been the better team but Peabody just wouldn't be denied. Hope Baugus is ok. Good luck next week 

That was literally taking one for the team.   I pray Baugus is okay.   Without his sacrifice, we might be bouncing basketballs.  

Though for the folks saying the better team lost.   That's crazy.  If you've seen Peabody play, you'd know Peabody had an off game. Fairley got unsportsmanlike conduct called on them for clapping causing our guys to have false starts.  If you look back at our season, we rarely had false start penalties.  Tonight wasn't your typical Peabody.  And if any of you we meet next week or hopefully the week after think that, keep on believing it.   Peabody earned that W in that 4th quarter.    We haven't had to play a game that came down to that... Much less overtime.  Regardless of how you want to call it, Peabody got the W.   Next time I bet Fairley won't be singing Nananana, nananana, hey hey, goodbye before that game clocked ends. I'm not trying to take anything away from Fairley because they did play a good game, but they had no integrity in their playing.  The game against Mckenzie last week was the best sportsmanship ever.   The sportsmanship of Fairley and their fans was reminiscent of the Dresden game last year.   It was bad.   I know it was an emotional game for them, but it's uncalled for.  Especially knowing at the end of the game when a Fairley player was laying in the end zone crying, our guys went to him to lift him up.   That's called winning with grace.  I'll step off my soap box now. 

Edited by TPeabodyGT

8 minutes ago, TPeabodyGT said:

That was literally taking one for the team.   I pray Baugus is okay.   Without his sacrifice, we might be bouncing basketballs.  

Though for the folks saying the better team lost.   That's crazy.  If you've seen Peabody play, you'd know Peabody had an off game. Fairley got unsportsmanlike conduct called on them for clapping causing our guys to have false starts.  If you look back at our season, we rarely had false start penalties.  Tonight wasn't your typical Peabody.  And if any of you we meet next week or hopefully the week after think that, keep on believing it.   Peabody earned that W in that 4th quarter.    We haven't had to play a game that came down to that... Much less overtime.  Regardless of how you want to call it, Peabody got the W.   Next time I bet Fairley won't be singing Nananana, nananana, hey hey, goodbye before that game clocked ends. I'm not trying to take anything away from Fairley because they did play a good game, but they had no integrity in their playing.  The game against Mckenzie last week was the best sportsmanship ever.   The sportsmanship of Fairley and their fans was reminiscent of the Dresden game last year.   It was bad.   I know it was an emotional game for them, but it's uncalled for.  Especially knowing at the end of the game when a Fairley player was laying in the end zone crying, our guys went to him to lift him up.   That's called winning with grace.  I'll step off my soap box now. 

I purely meant the better team tonight but in the playoffs that's all that matters

15 minutes ago, TPeabodyGT said:

Sometimes the better team does not play so good.  Fairley made us look bad and I never would have thought there coach could match wits with ours.  But he did.  My heart goes out for Fairley.  Both coaching staffs would  like to have do overs but the pass play was the most bone head play of them all  I am told that the QB calls plays sometime.  I just can't see a coach who called a game as well as he did and blow it on that one.  We had several heroes tonight but Jarel Dickson put this team on his back and carried them into the semis.  I thought  the first half would be our undoing.  We left two scores on the field.  Anybody will tell you that sometimes winning it all takes luck.  I believe the state championship was played tonight.  Hats of to Fairley and hats off to our coaching staff, players and community.  

Edited by Golddoctor

1 minute ago, Golddoctor said:

Sometimes the better team does not play so good.  Fairley made us look bad and I never would have though there coach could match wits with ours.  But he did.  My heart goes out for Fairley.  Both coaching staffs would  like to have do overs but the pass play was the most bone head play of them all  I am told that the QB calls plays sometime.  I just can't see a coach who called a game as well as he did and blow it on that one.  We had several heroes tonight but Jarel Dickson put this team on his back and carried them into the semis.  I thought we should the first half would be our undoing.  We left two scores on the field.  Anybody will tell you that sometimes winning it all takes luck.  I believe the state championship was played tonight.  Hats of to Fairley and hats off to our coaching staff, players and community.  

Agreed! On all and especially that on Dickson.  They couldn’t stop him until they started putting 3 or 4 players on him.  In the end though he got the job done.

2 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

I had a guy from Fairley ask me before the start of the 4th quarter, where riverside was because he needed to know for their trip for next week lol

:roflol:  In all honesty there at the end, I thought they were heading there.  But I’ve learned to never count out Peabody in those final moments though.  The Milan game (from last year I think) comes to mind.  Plus the Adamsville game in the playoffs last year or the year before.  My years are running together.  Haha.   My mind is no longer functioning at this point after such a dramatic game of ups and downs....  mainly downs with some huge ups! Lol