Round 3 Fairley @ Peabody

Goldenpride

2 minutes ago, Havengrad04 said:

Throw in a couple packages of honey we good. Told y’all Fairley was the real deal, hate that they gave the game away like that but that’s why you play to win until it’s zeros on the score board. Congrats to Fairley on a heck of a season and good luck to Peabody. Bring some gold back to the west. 

Peabody had absolutely no business winning that football but all of the stars aligned & they’re practicing on Thanksgiving so that’s all that matters at this point. Fairley played a near perfect game in all aspects until midway through the 4th quarter & it’s like all of the wheels fell off at that point. I’m still emotionally distraught after watching what I did. If Peabody didn’t win that game, then it was just wasn’t meant to be because Fairley gave them every opportunity they could’ve asked for in the closing seconds. Must give credit to Peabody for making the plays when they absolutely had to most. Gritty win & a great breath of fresh air can be let it out after last night for the folks of Trenton. That Fairley team was NO JOKE! Hate it for those kids to lose the way they did. Coaching got them beat. Those kids played their hearts out & deserved to win. A shame that the coaching decisions that came towards the end put them in the situation that they were. Hoping Baugus is okay & can go this coming week. He didn’t play his best game at QB but that kid is the toughest high school football player I’ve seen in a long time. The sacrifice he made on the interception he got was a pivotal part of the ending of that game. Granted Peabody didn’t score off of it but it gave the Tide life. Hats off to all for a hard fought win. 

12 minutes ago, Havengrad04 said:

Throw in a couple packages of honey we good. Told y’all Fairley was the real deal, hate that they gave the game away like that but that’s why you play to win until it’s zeros on the score board. Congrats to Fairley on a heck of a season and good luck to Peabody. Bring some gold back to the west. 

Fairley is a good team no doubt.  Honey might make the biscuits better but  you still going to need a big glass of water lol 

5 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Yes they went under center for the victory formation. Heck if I was Fairley, I would have long snapped it 20 yards away before I ever would’ve went under center :roflol:but that’s easy to say now after knowing the end result 

The very thing that happened last night to fairley is the reason we didn’t go under center against GC last year on the goal line 

13 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

The very thing that happened last night to fairley is the reason we didn’t go under center against GC last year on the goal line 

Butch Jones didn't go nder the center with JG a couple of years ago in the Swamp on the 6 inch line. Amazing these QB's never go under center no more. I can't believe Peabody don't with Dickson. Back to the game. Every one knew this was fixxing to happen and by the grace of God Peabody survived.  I say this was going to happen because Peabody hadn't played a 4 quarter game in years with the mercy rule clock and we are dealing with 15-16 year olds. Hopefully CB is fine. The Peabody that beat Milan shows up and the play calling Peabody dominates the next two opponents. Prayers for CB.

Edited by pioneer42
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Butch Jones didn't go nder the center with JG a couple of years ago in the Swamp on the 6 inch line. Amazing these QB's never go under center no more. I can't believe Peabody don't with Dickson. Back to the game. Every one knew this was fixxing to happen and by the grace of God Peabody survived.  I say this was going to happen because Peabody hadn't played a 4 quarter game in years with the mercy rule clock and we are dealing with 15-16 year olds. Hopefully CB is fine. The Peabody that beat Milan shows up and the play calling Peabody dominates the next two opponents. Prayers for CB.

Yeah going under center with Dickson wouldn’t be a bad idea. I know when I played they made all the backs practice going under center like a few times a week.  I hope you are right and we do dominate 

8 minutes ago, redrage said:

Hats off to #7 also, stepped up and played qb in the biggest game of the season.  And got the win. I couldn't sleep last night cause my mind was blown. Lol

If number 7 has to QB, I do more zone read type stuff with him keeping the ball some. I know he runs it but looks like when he and Cooper run it it looks like designed QB runs..

Edited by pioneer42