Round 3 Fairley @ Peabody

Goldenpride

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

they messed up and we capitalized. we had every bit of business winning the game. it wasnt just handed to us. we scored got a 2 point. We took it to overtime stopped their 2 point conversion and scored and won. now thats not a gimme 

Yeah you’re right but you gotta remember, we had chances to win this game before we had to rely on a fumbled snap. We got the interception & didn’t score so we were fortunate enough to get another turnover on the attempted kneel down. I give all credit to Peabody for making the plays when they had to. They just didn’t make it the first time they had the chance & then we were able to get bailed out by the fumble. 

• Like 1

Just now, FightingBlue0 said:

Yeah you’re right but you gotta remember, we had chances to win this game before we had to rely on a fumbled snap. We got the interception & didn’t score so we were fortunate enough to get another turnover on the attempted kneel down. I give all credit to Peabody for making the plays when they had to. They just didn’t make it the first time they had the chance & then we were able to get bailed out by the fumble. 

I agree. We also had a touchdown called back on a penalty which I’m not sure was legit. We almost had another score on that kick off that was almost recovered. We had plenty of chances. I’m glad we got it done 

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

they messed up and we capitalized. we had every bit of business winning the game. it wasnt just handed to us. we scored got a 2 point. We took it to overtime stopped their 2 point conversion and scored and won. now thats not a gimme 

After watching the game, I would not say the refs cheated for us.  As matter of fact, we had more drive killing no calls than Fairley.  All the explanations for what we did not understand has been explained.  We did get lucky but we made luck happen cause we did not give up.  Fairley did not have a kicking game so they wanted to get 1st down.  But throwing the ball was very stupid.  It gave us life and the ball was moved to the 25 yard line where we recovered a fumble.  Fate or destiny I don't know.  But I will say good teams find a way to win and good teams find a way to lose-ask Fairley!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tide21 said:

I’ll throw this out there. No way to prove it. Wilkins was at white haven then transferred to fairley after Robinson was hired. I’m pretty sure robinson was coaching at white haven prior to fairley. It’s against the rules for a coach to talk to player about football at another school 

A Peabody fan complaining about transfers and coaches recruiting......

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I was told at our game vs Gordonsville that Fairley had pulled off the win.  Man was I surprised.   

Now imagine my surprise to find out several hours later after driving home and logging in that Peabody pulled Victory out of Fairley's Victory formation.  Wow!

Any highlights?  Links out there where one can view?

http://tncitylinktv.com/channel/trenton-peabody/

4 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Thanks Delaware Man. 

Does Peabody stream all their games on this website? 

The whole game is entertaining, and I suggest you watch. Go to the two hour 46 minute mark, and the finale will blow your mind. I've never felt worse for a bunch of kids than them. They took it to Trenton, never quit, and legitimately had that game in the books with anything other than the worst coaching EVER.

• Thanks 1