Round 3 Fairley @ Peabody

Goldenpride

36 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I was told at our game vs Gordonsville that Fairley had pulled off the win.  Man was I surprised.   

Now imagine my surprise to find out several hours later after driving home and logging in that Peabody pulled Victory out of Fairley's Victory formation.  Wow!

Any highlights?  Links out there where one can view?

Same here ST.  PT told me Fairley won, then when I got home and read how it all played out I had to call and tell him!  He thought I was  kidding!

4 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

The whole game is entertaining, and I suggest you watch. Go to the two hour 46 minute mark, and the finale will blow your mind. I've never felt worse for a bunch of kids than them. They took it to Trenton, never quit, and legitimately had that game in the books with anything other than the worst coaching EVER.

Thanks Trader.  I think I'll watch the whole stream.  I'm 20 minutes in with no action yet. Multi tasking.  Listening & watching this while catching highlights on the college games today.

Just now, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Same here ST.  PT told me Fairley won, then when I got home and read how it all played out I had to call and tell him!  He thought I was  kidding!

I was at watertown vs tc and I was told by several people that fairley pulled off the upset. I’m trying to get this link to work so I can see what went down 

1 minute ago, Southtowner said:

Thanks Trader.  I think I'll watch the whole stream.  I'm 20 minutes in with no action yet. Multi tasking.  Listening & watching this while catching highlights on the college games today.

You'll definitely get more of the feeling that I did ( I think ) by watching the whole thing, Those kids were gamers.

5 minutes ago, takeittothebank23 said:

I was at watertown vs tc and I was told by several people that fairley pulled off the upset. I’m trying to get this link to work so I can see what went down 

It was in refresh mode when I clicked on the link.  After a short amount of time I hit the pause button then the play button. It's working for me.  Peabody wins the toss but defers at the 29 minute mark. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

You'll definitely get more of the feeling that I did ( I think ) by watching the whole thing, Those kids were gamers.

I was standing on the fence, and when we threw the interception there were tons of people that were headed for the exits and senior parents crying and such. I looked out there and when I seen then in the victory formation under center with their back up QB that hasn’t played the whole game, I looked to my brother and said “ something tells me they will fumble this” and it happened lol. After that I knew we were gonna win, it’s that saying when you let the cat in the door it’ll find it’s way in. 

1 minute ago, Goldenpride said:

I was standing on the fence, and when we threw the interception there were tons of people that were headed for the exits and senior parents crying and such. I looked out there and when I seen then in the victory formation under center with their back up QB that hasn’t played the whole game, I looked to my brother and said “ something tells me they will fumble this” and it happened lol. After that I knew we were gonna win, it’s that saying when you let the cat in the door it’ll find it’s way in. 

No argument there. Trenton took the gift (second one) and delivered. That only gained them an equal chance in OT though. Fairley still goofed on the conversion after their score, or we might still be watching! Kid could have run in the pass that was dropped, but I'd have given #4 the ball and taken my chances. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

Mannn I went back and watched like the last 7 minutes of the game and all it did was piss me off. I guess I was expecting the teams to be better. It’s like Peabodys whole team and fairleys coaches were playing hot potato with who wanted to lose more. #7 and #4 for Peabody are the real deal though 4 has a nasty stiff arm I think I remember him from the state game last year. I didn’t watch the whole game so I didn’t see much from Wilkins but I suspect if Peabody plays the way they did last night they will lose to TC or meigs. Any word on what happened to baugus he made a nice grab for a Qb And I thought I read somewhere that fairley brought a large crowd but it didn’t seem that way?? Crazy game though I wish I could’ve been there.