Round 3 Fairley @ Peabody

Goldenpride

9 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I don’t care what anybody says the better team won! On to next week!

Thx Vandy. This is just what Peabody needed.  It is a wake up call.  This was a very good team that made us look bad.  There speed did not allow us to get outside.  But in our coaches defense, some of those outside plays worked.  Hernando scorched them with that play, so it would be obvious that we would run them.  We have the heart of a champion.  There were bad calls by the refs on both sides.  That QB was clearly pass the line of scrimmage on that long pass play.  Fortunately we survived.  On to the next.  How do you think we will fair with Riverside?

Edited by Golddoctor

4 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

Thx Vandy. This is just what Peabody needed.  It is a wake up call.  This was a very good team that made us look bad.  There speed did not allow us to get outside.  But in our coaches defense, some of those outside plays worked.  Hernando scorched them with that play, so it would be obvious that we would run them.  We have the heart of a champion.  There were bad calls on both sides.  That QB was clearly pass the line of scrimmage on that long pass play.  Fortunately we survived.  On to the next.  How do you think we will fair with Riverside?

I don’t think it will be close between Riverside. R5 and R6 are down this yr. I’m extremely proud of them but I think y’all are hands down a better ball team.

7 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

Thx Vandy. This is just what Peabody needed.  It is a wake up call.  This was a very good team that made us look bad.  There speed did not allow us to get outside.  But in our coaches defense, some of those outside plays worked.  Hernando scorched them with that play, so it would be obvious that we would run them.  We have the heart of a champion.  There were bad calls by the refs on both sides.  That QB was clearly pass the line of scrimmage on that long pass play.  Fortunately we survived.  On to the next.  How do you think we will fair with Riverside?

I don’t think Fairley made y’all look bad either. I think they made y’all a better team. That game was the true meaning of never give up and play to the last whistle. Freaking crazy and awesome all in one!

1 minute ago, vandyfan1 said:

I don’t think it will be close between Riverside. R5 and R6 are down this yr. I’m extremely proud of them but I think y’all are hands down a better ball team.

Thx.  But we got to play better than we did tonight.  I think Fairley's speed neutralized the game.  When we ran at them we had more success.  And if we don't bobble the ball on 4th down, Cooper picks up 1st down or scores.  But I am glad we are playing Riverside instead of the long trip to Forrest.  Hello Salem-Hello General.  

28 minutes ago, TPeabodyGT said:

That was literally taking one for the team.   I pray Baugus is okay.   Without his sacrifice, we might be bouncing basketballs.  

Though for the folks saying the better team lost.   That's crazy.  If you've seen Peabody play, you'd know Peabody had an off game. Fairley got unsportsmanlike conduct called on them for clapping causing our guys to have false starts.  If you look back at our season, we rarely had false start penalties.  Tonight wasn't your typical Peabody.  And if any of you we meet next week or hopefully the week after think that, keep on believing it.   Peabody earned that W in that 4th quarter.    We haven't had to play a game that came down to that... Much less overtime.  Regardless of how you want to call it, Peabody got the W.   Next time I bet Fairley won't be singing Nananana, nananana, hey hey, goodbye before that game clocked ends. I'm not trying to take anything away from Fairley because they did play a good game, but they had no integrity in their playing.  The game against Mckenzie last week was the best sportsmanship ever.   The sportsmanship of Fairley and their fans was reminiscent of the Dresden game last year.   It was bad.   I know it was an emotional game for them, but it's uncalled for.  Especially knowing at the end of the game when a Fairley player was laying in the end zone crying, our guys went to him to lift him up.   That's called winning with grace.  I'll step off my soap box now. 

Fairley outplayed Peabody all night and literally gave them the game. Victory formation with 3 snaps game over. Don't know what happend or how the fumble happend. They literally gave the game away four times. They fumbled inside the Peabody red zone late. Had a first down 8 yard gain called back with a mysterious flag that turned into a first and 17 and resulted in a pass that CB picked off with 2 minutes left, Had the mysterious victory formation fumble, had a walk in untouched 2 point conversion in OT that the back decided to pass incomplete. Peabody literally had the game gave to them. Were outplayed all night. Thought Peabody got cute with their game plan on offense and should have been pounding all night. Congrats on the Christmas gift because it was literally a gift.