Huntingdon Mustangs Vs Lake Co. Falcons

horse

20 minutes ago, horse said:

I honestly think the location cost Huntingdon in their last title game appearance. 31/2 hours drive for Mustangs 30 minute drive for Gordy. 

What cost us that game was the ref that let Gordonsville touch the onside kick before it went 10 TDs. Heck Gordy touched it twice before it went 10 yes. Ref saw it just didn call it. Robbed!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

Found this little gem from last season.

The whole town is embarrassed and saying the same thing. Game was lost to due coaching. Completely unfair to the boys who played their hearts out and were handcuffed by a coach who refused to open up the playbook. Players even made the comment they only ran 3 plays the whole night. Swenson can't handle the big game pressure and everyone in the community knows it. I was embarrassed to be from Huntingdon Friday when I watched the boys give everything they had and watch our coach walk up down the sideline trying to figure out what play to call. On top of it all #8 a senior who scored a touchdown almost every time he touched the ball this year with ZERO carries and #7 with ZERO carries in the 1st half and 1st carry he gets in 2nd half goes for a 60+ yard TD then 1 more carry the rest of the game??? That's 100% coaching. This isn't the 1st either Swenson has blown it in a big game. I remember years ago FOR SALE signs were placed in his yard by fed up Huntingdon folks. If the town and community want another gold ball in their trophy case they better go find a coach who can get it done 

Edited November 18, 2018 by footballover

I admit I typed it and I was pretty pissed at the time. Coach Swenson has won alot of football games at Huntingdon and he's gonna win 2 more this year. I'm 100% behind him and am confident he will have the team ready to go with all the best plays called for Friday night. All you outside Huntingdon are nothing but noise and haters. It's going to be the best week of high school football in Huntingdon so if you ain't with us you against us! Stampede coming thru get out the way!

Edited by footballover
  • Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

My point exactly! Cookeville location is a T$$AA thing without consideration of anything else. To normally good officiated game is rare, many do not know basic rules and their application. 

T$$AA could take some of that money and build a high school stadium in a centralized location that would seat 8 to 10 thousand fans. Put a track around it use it to hold track field tournament. Put a couple base fields around it for state tournament. you could schedule a game there every week during season. Teams that normally wouldn’t play each because it would be to far to travel could meet middle play each other during regular season. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, footballover said:

I admit I typed it and I was pretty pissed at the time. Coach Sweson has won alot of football games at Huntingdon and hes gonna win 2 more this year. I'm 100% behind him and am confident he will have the team ready to go with all the best plays called for Friday night. All you outside Huntingdon are nothing but noise and haters. It's going to be the best week of high school football in Huntingdon so if you ain't with us you against us! Stampede coming thru get out the way!

If you would have said that thirteen weeks ago , I would have you an up vote

3 minutes ago, footballover said:

I admit I typed it and I was pretty pissed at the time. Coach Sweson has won alot of football games at Huntingdon and hes gonna win 2 more this year. I'm 100% behind him and am confident he will have the team ready to go with all the best plays called for Friday night. All you outside Huntingdon are nothing but noise and haters. It's going to be the best week of high school football in Huntingdon so if you ain't with us you against us! Stampede coming thru get out the way!

Wasn't trying to single you out or anything. Found last year's thread and had to go back 20 or so pages and this is the first one I found. I know there were more and by others, but like I said, first one I got to. Saw you guys first hand and I know you are better than the showing at Huntland. Ready to see this one.

3 minutes ago, horse said:

T$$AA could take some of that money and build a high school stadium in a centralized location that would seat 8 to 10 thousand fans. Put a track around it use it to hold track field tournament. Put a couple base fields around it for state tournament. you could schedule a game there every week during season. Teams that normally wouldn’t play each because it would be to far to travel could meet middle play each other during regular season. 

Old Pirate seconds this motion. It could be a great place to demand wannabe officials actually know the rules! Have officials filmed and held accountable. Currently officiating accountability is rare

Edited by OLD PIRATE

3 minutes ago, horse said:

This is a great idea, but the money grabbers ain't coming off the money. This is similar to what Hoover did down in Alabama. SEC baseball tournaments are held there I believe. Could build a stadium that houses both football and baseball state championships. Put a roof on it and house basketball too. Wouldn't need to hold that many fans though. State championship game attendance has been low from what i have read and seen the last two years. 1A has brought the most fans.

14 minutes ago, footballover said:

Dang right. Who in their right mind would want a soft, loser coach who would let some comments on a message board or a for sale sign in his yard slow him down? He thought that was pretty funny. I know if I was coaching I would rather be in a community like this one where much is expected. For the record I was mad enough to kill him after that game myself.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

Dang right. Who in their right mind would want a soft, loser coach who would let some comments on a message board or a for sale sign in his yard slow him down? He thought that was pretty funny. I know if I was coaching I would rather be in a community like this one where much is expected. For the record I was mad enough to kill him after that game myself.

What position does your and footballover sons play?