1A State Semi Finals South Pittsburg @ Greenback

orngnblk

1 minute ago, orngnblk said:

For GB to win,we dont have to STOP the run game but hold it in check make every down a work for it down.Special teams have to be flawless!Our O line has to help us run the ball for 60 to 100 yards.Our Oline HAS to be able to give the QB 3 seconds at the least.Our skill guys have to do what they do,block when needed,run routes like they usually do and CATCH ANYTHING that hits your hands.Special teams will be a big deal on Fri!

Ok you got me, can they slow down the run game enough to cause some 3 and outs? 
 Special Teams will be important for both teams...definitely no hiccups needed there! 
 SP O line has to open holes for the backs to get into the secondary which, they have done real well so far this year in that task. Plus, can GB D stop SP from getting to the edge where speed definitely kills! 

Defensively, SP just has  to continue playing with the same intensity they have all year! Get to the QB! 

I think it’s pretty much a given both teams are going to score, it’s the team that gets the big stops when needed or the team that gets one or two big offensive plays that pulls out a win! 
 Limit mistakes and do the job your on the field to do! 

9A53F448-914F-474E-BC6E-088B86C0B043.jpeg

3 minutes ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

Ok you got me, can they slow down the run game enough to cause some 3 and outs? 
 Special Teams will be important for both teams...definitely no hiccups needed there! 
 SP O line has to open holes for the backs to get into the secondary which, they have done real well so far this year in that task. Plus, can GB D stop SP from getting to the edge where speed definitely kills! 

Defensively, SP just has  to continue playing with the same intensity they have all year! Get to the QB! 

I think it’s pretty much a given both teams are going to score, it’s the team that gets the big stops when needed or the team that gets one or two big offensive plays that pulls out a win! 
 Limit mistakes and do the job your on the field to do! 

9A53F448-914F-474E-BC6E-088B86C0B043.jpeg

That's it in a nutshell Jack everybody needs to do their job for the good of the team no matter what it is do your job!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, pujo said:

Just not fair to all the small 1a teams who don't have these advantages. 

Just curious, what are these advantages? Can kids not transfer into other 1A schools if they want to? Most schools in TN are open enrollment. Greenback has the restriction the you must live in Loudon county.  If that restriction ever gets lifted,  GB will go on a historic run in 1A.

They would get a minimum of 10 transfers every year from south Blount County.  Half of which would begin school in GB their freshman year so they wouldn't have to sit a year. You would be looking at about 50 additional football players on a 1A team. With that coaching staff and that community support, many kids that would start at local 6A schools will be happy to wear the orange and black.

I know of at least 5 starters at another 6A school that want to transfer to GB but their families are either unwilling or unable to relocate to Loudon county.

• Upvote 2

Just now, 32hammer said:

Just curious, what are these advantages? Can kids not transfer into other 1A schools if they want to? Most schools in TN are open enrollment. Greenback has the restriction the you must live in Loudon county.  If that restriction ever gets lifted,  GB will go on a historic run in 1A.

They would get a minimum of 10 transfers every year from south Blount County.  Half of which would begin school in GB their freshman year so they wouldn't have to sit a year. You would be looking at about 50 additional football players on a 1A team. With that coaching staff and that community support, many kids that would start at local 6A schools will be happy to wear the orange and black.

I know of at least 5 starters at another 6A school that want to transfer to GB but their families are either unwilling or unable to relocate to Loudon county.

The advantage is Location. 

Morning to ALL...I hope everyone is set to have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!  When we choose to focus on how many blessings we have been given, we all have a lot to be thankful for!!

The game:  most scenarios have been discussed as to what needs to happen for both teams.  From what I have seen, I agree with O&B, GB will have to play their best game of the year to have a shot in this one.  I was at the game in SP in 2016 and watched SP jump out to a quick lead, it took some time for GB to get adjusted to their speed. I think GB will have to do the same thing Friday night as SP is by far the fastest team they have seen, GB needs to adjust quickly.  SP will send more than GB can block to get pressure on QB, can GB hit some hot routes and make them pay for doing that?  If SP can get pressure with their defensive front without having to send LB's, GB is in trouble.  GB will stack the box to stop the run, can the SP QB make them pay?  Obviously, SP will try to keep 23 from beating them, will the other GB receivers step up and make clutch plays when the ball has to come their way?  GB will have to be able to run the football efficiently enough to keep the defense honest.  Then the ugly questions for a big game:  1. Which team can settle down and execute their game plan first without letting the emotions of this game to negatively effect their game plan with a bunch of stupid penalties and altercations.  2. and finally, who wins the turnover battle?

GB needs to be in the lead heading into the 4th quarter to have a shot as the depth of SP will come into play.  I believe this game will be a good one and I hope everyone has safe travels to and from the game and hope the game will be played with sportsmanship by the players and the fans the way it should be.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, pujo said:

The advantage is Transfers, happening every year. Slew of 1a schools would be a mess with 7 starting transfers.

Where did 7 come from?If they come in before High school they are not transfers.One of the four that came this year hasnt played in any of the playoff games.So we actually only had 1 on D thru out the playoffs and still held everone in check.

1 hour ago, piratetom said:

Football aside, everyone take a moment and say a prayer for PirateMike as he travels to Nashville for surgery today. We need everything to go as planned so I can bring him to Greenback Friday. Much appreciated....

Go Pirates

He's got em from me.