1A State Semi Finals South Pittsburg @ Greenback

orngnblk

GB has a lot of weapons that can score quickly. I thought for the majority of the night we played defense well enough to win. A couple plays here or there for both sides could have resulted in a different outcome. I thought SP burning through timeouts would hurt and it did in the end as well. The Pirates need to find some linemen but return 1,2,4,9,11,12, 20, 24, 35, and 59to lead the way next year. Good luck GB against LC. 

Edited by powerp

14 minutes ago, powerp said:

GB has a lot of weapons that can score quickly. I thought for the majority of the night we played defense well enough to win. A couple plays here or there for both sides could have resulted in a different outcome. I thought SP burning through timeouts would hurt and it did in the end as well. The Pirates need to find some linemen but return 1,2,4,9,11,12, 20,35, and 59to lead the way next year. Good luck GB against LC. 

Thanks! Those Kids  you give numbers on right there are some ballers!

Edited by Gbnation

43 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

Great game by two very good ball teams. Like a lot of the other posters has said this was probably the best high school game that I have watched. Back and forth all the way until the end. I hope #9 is ok. I seen #55 back in the game which was good to see. I hate seeing these kids getting hurt. 

Your boy is a very good football player. Im sure he is going to make his next team real happy!

1 hour ago, Gbnation said:

Great game by two very good ball teams. Like a lot of the other posters has said this was probably the best high school game that I have watched. Back and forth all the way until the end. I hope #9 is ok. I seen #55 back in the game which was good to see. I hate seeing these kids getting hurt. 

23 played a great game on both sides....the second TD reception was a thing of beauty, broke a tackle and then two SP players were converging and he kicks in another gear and outruns both of their angles.  Tough kid....I know you are proud!!

35 minutes ago, team69 said:

Your boy is a very good football player. Im sure he is going to make his next team real happy!

Thanks he has worked very hard to get to this point and he still has a lot of work to do to get to where wants to be. 

Great game tonight by two good teams that layed it all on the line. 

2 minutes ago, jake said:

23 played a great game on both sides....the second TD reception was a thing of beauty, broke a tackle and then two SP players were converging and he kicks in another gear and outruns both of their angles.  Tough kid....I know you are proud!!

Yes sir very proud of him. Not only what he does on the field but more proud of him off of the field. 

53 minutes ago, GBKEES said:

South Pitt walking off the field.   My my my!

This is just not true! I am a parent of a SP player and you can see in your video players shaking hands. Yes, some of young men were distraught and emotional! Fans from both sides flooded the field and coaches along with officers separated them quickly! 
 I’ve taught my kids that in any sport you win and lose with dignity! Do not ever say I should be ashamed of my son! 
 This post ruins what was a game fought hard by both teams! 
 Congratulations on the win...horrible decision to falsely accuse a team of poor sportsmanship!

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

This is just not true! I am a parent of a SP player and you can see in your video players shaking hands. Yes, some of young men were distraught and emotional! Fans from both sides flooded the field and coaches along with officers separated them quickly! 
 I’ve taught my kids that in any sport you win and lose with dignity! Do not ever say I should be ashamed of my son! 
 This post ruins what was a game fought hard by both teams! 
 Congratulations on the win...horrible decision to falsely accuse a team of poor sportsmanship!

Yes Jack some did very little but some did.If your boy was one of 5hem which i assume he was you have done a fine job raising him.Respect in defeat is tough but our kids have to learn it.Just like going to our G before the game started and jumping on it before the game our boys WOULD Never do that witout consequences.