2020 1A- Who ya got???

Mustang1969

10 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

If Im not mistaken,this group of sophomores with young Puckett at qb only lost 1 game in 8th  grade year to Dyersburg.Played a lot bigger schools .And I think Purple touched on this earlier,have a middle school player that has some jets .May be the qb.I saw the middle school ,played bigger schools last year and the qb looks like he's going to be special.I'm sure he will play somewhere.Younger Puckett has 2 years to play but with Coach Puckett moving his oldest son from tight end to center,who knows.Afetr seeing younger Puckett run the ball in Tubbs place,could move him to running back and go with middle school qb. with 4 years left.But I look for Puckett to qb with Abbott being the qb and middle school qb as the backup and playing a lot

I don’t doubt you will have a good team. It’s just hard to believe you won’t take a small step back losing the great senior class you are losing. Your linemen and the size were something else. 

3 minutes ago, Outsider1998 said:

Everytime someone says NCS was the best ever i always says 2014 UC was better. The year before that 2015 NCS team got beat 35-0 by UC. Your'e telling me one year made them 5 TD's better? i think not.

I’m with you, 2014 UC could have beaten most classes that season, and had a college line with great backs. 2015 NCS was a really good football team and they took us to the wood chipper in the semi’s that year, but they didn’t look as dominant as UC in 14.. I’m a tide fan and I’m not afraid to admit that semi game against NCS we looked defeated before the game even started and I’m sure a lot of that had to do with Betuli lol

5 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

I don’t doubt you will have a good team. It’s just hard to believe you won’t take a small step back losing the great senior class you are losing. Your linemen and the size were something else. 

No doubt LC will take a step back. I'm saying anywhere from 6 and 4 to 8 and 2. I think LC will win region and with the way the playoffs are set up they could make a deep run. Of course no injuries or other unforeseen things can happen. The non region schedule will be brutal. I just do not think no 1A team in our region can beat LC. I don't think no 1A team in Huntingdon's region can beat them.

Edited by lakecounty1968

1 hour ago, Outsider1998 said:

Everytime someone says NCS was the best ever i always says 2014 UC was better. The year before that 2015 NCS team got beat 35-0 by UC. Your'e telling me one year made them 5 TD's better? i think not.

2014 Union City was better than NCS. They beat them by 5 tds the year before. I doubt NCS improved 5tds in one year.

4 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

No doubt LC will take a step back. I'm saying anywhere from 6 and 4 to 8 and 2. I think LC will win region and with the way the playoffs are set up they could make a deep run. Of course no injuries or other unforeseen things can happen.

Y’all will have same schedule next year I presume? I figure Crockett County will be your only loss in regular season and maybe UC, they got a lot back? unless Westview hires a quality defensive mind for their opening. Your right though Freedom Prep would be the only team to cause you any problems in playoffs.

10 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

No doubt LC will take a step back. I'm saying anywhere from 6 and 4 to 8 and 2. I think LC will win region and with the way the playoffs are set up they could make a deep run. Of course no injuries or other unforeseen things can happen. The non region schedule will be brutal. I just do not think no 1A team in our region can beat LC. I don't think no 1A team in Huntingdon's region can beat them.

I agree with you. No 1A team in SP’s region can beat them and no 1A team in Greenback’s can beat them. We could see the same 4 teams in the semis. 

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

I’m pretty sure ncs added some players from 14-15 but I would say 

14 uc 

15 ncs 

16 Dresden and lake county this is close maybe lake county with the edge in run game 

Too be fair I think @Croppygenius said the most talented team. I don’t think it’s arguable that NCS with Daniel Bituli and Brant Lawless and seems like they had a D1 running back signee that year as well, would be the most talented team. I agree UC 14 was the most complete team.