Classification Change 2020

HitEmLow

24 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

As I’m scheming the the replies for the record i feel it should be 4-5 classes. 4a by far is the weakest Top to bottom. I don’t think Alcoa should have to move us because they kick everybody’s butt. To be the best you have to beat the best. I also remember when I was rumored Alcoa was moving to 4a and EVERYBODY back that way moved up or dropped classes. 

NOT Anderson County, they sat right there. even with all the rumors about Alcoa coming.  Got sent to Chattanooga for it, but they didn't run.   Top 3 4A schools, Anderson County, Elizabethton, and Greeneville all would make noise playoffs in 5 A .  Anderson County was very successful  before they were put into their current district (from 2009-2014) with 6 of the 8 years  in the playoffs.  On another note, I maybe way wrong, but I don't think TSSAA gonna move to 5 classes now that they have canceled the June meeting to discuss.  I don't know if they will have to time to put it all on the table, discuss all the pros and cons , debate it for hours, and then vote on it.  I maybe wrong, just my opinion.

11 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

As I’m scheming the the replies for the record i feel it should be 4-5 classes. 4a by far is the weakest Top to bottom. I don’t think Alcoa should have to move us because they kick everybody’s butt. To be the best you have to beat the best. I also remember when I was rumored Alcoa was moving to 4a and EVERYBODY back that way moved up or dropped classes. 

You had 4 schools move up to 5a from 4a in Fulton, Carter, Gibbs, and Seymour with Carter, Gibbs, and Seymour being placed in the same conference and Fulton being placed in District 3.  You can't drop classes FYI and can only move up one class.

• Upvote 1

On 4/29/2020 at 9:05 PM, olhickory said:

NOT Anderson County, they sat right there. even with all the rumors about Alcoa coming.  Got sent to Chattanooga for it, but they didn't run.   Top 3 4A schools, Anderson County, Elizabethton, and Greeneville all would make noise playoffs in 5 A .  Anderson County was very successful  before they were put into their current district (from 2009-2014) with 6 of the 8 years  in the playoffs.  On another note, I maybe way wrong, but I don't think TSSAA gonna move to 5 classes now that they have canceled the June meeting to discuss.  I don't know if they will have to time to put it all on the table, discuss all the pros and cons , debate it for hours, and then vote on it.  I maybe wrong, just my opinion.

I say they will have plenty of time, because I still think the season is going to be effective by the coronavirus 

On 4/29/2020 at 8:30 PM, FBfan26 said:

We play the 6a state champ about every yr

4a and 5a district games wouldnt be any better. 
think about this. Every year we play Maryville within a touchdown game typically. They in their district blast five out of six teams by 40 points or more. So if we moved up to even 6a we should beat teams almost by that same amount. That is if we have the depth that we have now. In the past Alcoa would have 5 to 7 guys going both ways. But we’ve been lucky the past couple years that only a few skill guys go both ways only when needed. No lineman at all

• Upvote 1

On 4/29/2020 at 8:05 PM, olhickory said:

On another note, I maybe way wrong, but I don't think TSSAA gonna move to 5 classes now that they have canceled the June meeting to discuss.  I don't know if they will have to time to put it all on the table, discuss all the pros and cons , debate it for hours, and then vote on it.  I maybe wrong, just my opinion.

COVID-19 has knocked the whole world off it's axis, and will affect the outcome regardless of TSSAA's decision on moving to 5 classes. Enrollment numbers determine classification assignment regardless of the number of classes, and whenever schools do reconvene, there could be a large shift of attendance due to parents refusal to place their kids back into a social setting so early. You can bet that unprecedented situations will arise as far as required attendance and homeschooling... those issues will have to be resolved, and will probably still take some time before we return to "normal". The enrollment numbers were (are?) scheduled to be turned in to TSSAA by Sept 20, and there's no way that CV-19 doesn't skew those numbers, dependent on demographics.

They need to cancel 2020 season and wait for vaccines. They are not going to let 100,000 + fans into stadiums or fill up high school stadiums this year. That would cause a big spike in cases. I will hate it for the seniors. But they got to be smart. I’ll be ready for Clinton football in 2021.  

Edited by Djohnson

57 minutes ago, Djohnson said:

They need to cancel 2020 season and wait for vaccines. They are not going to let 100,000 + fans into stadiums or fill up high school stadiums this year. That would cause a big spike in cases. I will hate it for the seniors. But they got to be smart. I’ll be ready for Clinton football in 2021.  

A vaccine fixes very little. If that's the savior you're waiting in you'll be mightily disappointed. There's a flu vaccine and tens of thousands die from the flu every year. Viruses are known to mutate Covid has already mutated at least twice. So the vaccine will do very little to help

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Djohnson said:

Stop!!!!

Please remove yourself from CoachT. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

A vaccine fixes very little. If that's the savior you're waiting in you'll be mightily disappointed. There's a flu vaccine and tens of thousands die from the flu every year. Viruses are known to mutate Covid has already mutated at least twice. So the vaccine will do very little to help

You get a 100% on this answer