Classification Change 2020

HitEmLow

I have read some school systems want to open, some are leaning toward staying closed at least for a while. I don't want to see a bunch of forfeits, if possible-and that's if games are played at all. If quite a few don't suit up, maybe this is a year to try something outside the box. Even though it's the second year of two-year schedules, let teams schedule 10 games (or 8, if things are started late), without any classifications including Division I or II if necessary. At the end of the regular season, take those winning .500 or better, divide them into 4 or 5 classes by enrollment (with a one class move up for private schools) and have a four-week playoff. 

That's if necessary. Naturally everyone hope things will run as normal. 

11 hours ago, Djohnson said:

I agree somewhat, just i just think it will be later than sooner. They are going to let the experts try to make a vaccine first before they let thousands of fans or huge groups gather to spread this virus to love ones that are more acceptable to catching it. You said in 1918-1919 the Spanish flu was the cause of 20% of the population. Just think back then they didn’t have huge gatherings like we have now. I hate it but we don’t need to rush back to allow huge gatherings to spread the virus. CV-19 is a highly contagious virus. 

World War I was a pretty decent gathering, and included nations from every non polar continent. To counter your point, 20% of the world's population (7.7 billion today) now vs. then is a staggering difference... that would translate to the neighborhood of 1.5 billion today, roughly 5 times the entire US population... yet no mandated behavior from our government. Granted, people had more common sense back then and took precautions on their own to avoid becoming ill.

8 hours ago, Djohnson said:

TSSAA  don’t decide if they will be a season...lol I’m sure they would struggle just like a lot of company’s. They cannot fill the stands in a middle of a outbreak with no vaccine. Also with the deaths that has not stopped multiplying sense March. 

University of Tennessee has announced they are starting classes as normal this fall.  There will be a football season.  I know it must be killing you for some reason, but there will be football this fall

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChineseFlu said:

University of Tennessee has announced they are starting classes as normal this fall.  There will be a football season.  I know it must be killing you for some reason, but there will be football this fall

Sounds like he is avoiding watching another 2 win season. 

4 hours ago, ChineseFlu said:

No, not killing me. I hope they are football this fall. I just don’t see how if it’s still spreading. No one knows yet. Let’s hope this goes away. But I do think they will be football in 2021.

On 5/5/2020 at 5:24 PM, Djohnson said:

They need to cancel 2020 season and wait for vaccines. They are not going to let 100,000 + fans into stadiums or fill up high school stadiums this year. That would cause a big spike in cases. I will hate it for the seniors. But they got to be smart. I’ll be ready for Clinton football in 2021.  

Does Santa still bring your presents? What about the Easter bunny? He hiding your eggs? Still putting your teeth under your pillow? Covid 19? Fake News. 

6 hours ago, MadHatter1 said:

Does Santa still bring your presents? What about the Easter bunny? He hiding your eggs? Still putting your teeth under your pillow? Covid 19? Fake News. 

Nope, I do think they will not be allowed to fill the stands in the fall. This will not go away (Democrats won’t let it). But 2021 we will rebound after the elections over and Trump wins and we take back the House

14 hours ago, Djohnson said:

Nope, I do think they will not be allowed to fill the stands in the fall. This will not go away (Democrats won’t let it). But 2021 we will rebound after the elections over and Trump wins and we take back the House

So now you are saying because of the political BS that Dems are spewing they will let an entire season effecting 1000's kids and programs suffer.  Unfortunately  that is actually believable and more understandable. No one really knows but if just 1 kids gets Covid and it is assumed to be from any sport then they over reaction will be huge and yes the season in jeopardy.

1 hour ago, MadHatter1 said:

Covid was here last football season. It wont stop this one. Remember all the sick kids? We just werent testing for it. 

I know in January-Feb all 3 of my little ones were pretty sick. They got over it after a week or so and actually before the new tests  were readily available like they are now my smallest triggered a positive for "Coronavirus" but since she recovered so quick they never sent it off to see if it was Covid-19. I later got sick at the end of Feb. There's nothing anyone could say to convince me we didn't have it.