Classification Change 2020

HitEmLow

1 hour ago, WarEagleCartman said:

A vaccine fixes very little. If that's the savior you're waiting in you'll be mightily disappointed. There's a flu vaccine and tens of thousands die from the flu every year. Viruses are known to mutate Covid has already mutated at least twice. So the vaccine will do very little to help

You may be correct, but they are currently working on a vaccine. They are going to try. So until they get one or try they are not going to allow fans to pack the stadiums college or high school. Wait till flu season and corona hits at the same time. I hope season not canceled but it’s not looking good. We got to be safe. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TornadoLeadRecruiter said:

Stop!!!!

Please remove yourself from CoachT. 

Why? It would not be the end of the world. I hope season will not get canceled but it’s going to need to go away. Just look at this spring. Soccer, baseball, basketball tourney was all canceled in 2020. They should go ahead and focus on safety and cancel all high school sports in 2020 / 2021 school year. 

56 minutes ago, Djohnson said:

Why? It would not be the end of the world. I hope season will not get canceled but it’s going to need to go away. Just look at this spring. Soccer, baseball, basketball tourney was all canceled in 2020. They should go ahead and focus on safety and cancel all high school sports in 2020 / 2021 school year. 

Let me repeat

Stop!!!

Remove yourself from CoachT

You are on a football site hoping the football season doesn’t play out - I’m sure due to your underlying leftist views while saying “i hope the season doesn’t get cancelled but (it) needs to go away “

we don’t want your politics on here

12 minutes ago, TornadoLeadRecruiter said:

Let me repeat

Stop!!!

Remove yourself from CoachT

You are on a football site hoping the football season doesn’t play out - I’m sure due to your underlying leftist views while saying “i hope the season doesn’t get cancelled but (it) needs to go away “

we don’t want your politics on here

God I hope we play this year. My son will be a sophomore next year at Clinton. So I do hope this virus will go away. But if it don’t they will not be a season but I’m very confident we will play in 2021. I hate he will lose a season but he will have two more years. We got to be safe till this goes away.  

Edited by Djohnson
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Djohnson said:

My son will be a sophomore next year at Clinton. So I do hope this virus will go away. But if it don’t they will not be a season but I’m very confident we will play in 2021. I hate he will lose a season but he will have two more years. We got to be safe till this goes away.  

I want to send the smack in the face emoji 

you know the one

4 minutes ago, TornadoLeadRecruiter said:

I would be surprised if there was a classification change in 2021 Because the T$$AA has already lost money and if they lower the amount of classifications there will be more money lost 

Also they will want to keep it the way it is because it makes them more money. TSSAA will be hurting after this year.

2 hours ago, Djohnson said:

God I hope we play this year. My son will be a sophomore next year at Clinton. So I do hope this virus will go away. But if it don’t they will not be a season but I’m very confident we will play in 2021. I hate he will lose a season but he will have two more years. We got to be safe till this goes away.  

CV-19 isn't "going away"... the Spanish flu resulted in the death of almost 20% of the earth's population in 1918-1919, is still here in the form of the H1N1 strain even with a vaccine, and life goes on anyway. Never before has anything been as life altering as the media's sensationalizing of this pandemic, not the actual virus, and at some point, people will choose discretion and precaution over fear and isolation... I hope that it's sooner than later. Proponents argue that shutting down non-essential businesses and the stay-home mandates have drastically reduced cases, but my eyes tell me that they only concentrated the populous in the big box stores and supermarkets, who are approaching yearly quotas in the past four months. Don't read this and assume that I'm some wacko with a conspiracy theory... CV-19 is a serious infectious disease that has to be dealt with by the medical community, respected and avoided by especially the elderly and infirmed, and everyone should employ common sense in reducing their chance of exposure. With that said, society needs to move forward with the process of returning to normal now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tradertwo said:

CV-19 isn't "going away"... the Spanish flu resulted in the death of almost 20% of the earth's population in 1918-1919, is still here in the form of the H1N1 strain even with a vaccine, and life goes on anyway. Never before has anything been as life altering as the media's sensationalizing of this pandemic, not the actual virus, and at some point, people will choose discretion and precaution over fear and isolation... I hope that it's sooner than later. Proponents argue that shutting down non-essential businesses and the stay-home mandates have drastically reduced cases, but my eyes tell me that they only concentrated the populous in the big box stores and supermarkets, who are approaching yearly quotas in the past four months. Don't read this and assume that I'm some wacko with a conspiracy theory... CV-19 is a serious infectious disease that has to be dealt with by the medical community, respected and avoided by especially the elderly and infirmed, and everyone should employ common sense in reducing their chance of exposure. With that said, society needs to move forward with the process of returning to normal now.

I agree somewhat, just i just think it will be later than sooner. They are going to let the experts try to make a vaccine first before they let thousands of fans or huge groups gather to spread this virus to love ones that are more acceptable to catching it. You said in 1918-1919 the Spanish flu was the cause of 20% of the population. Just think back then they didn’t have huge gatherings like we have now. I hate it but we don’t need to rush back to allow huge gatherings to spread the virus. CV-19 is a highly contagious virus. 

Edited by Djohnson
  • Like 1

T$$AA have made it pretty clear there will be a season this year or they won't survive.  It may be an abbreviated season, but there will be a season.   I keep hearing about pushing the start back.  Have the playoffs in December...etc.  Why hasn't anyone mentioned moving the season up?  Supposedly ultra-violet light and humidity kill the virus so why not start the season at the height of summer and have championships at Halloween?  

1 hour ago, ChineseFlu said:

T$$AA have made it pretty clear there will be a season this year or they won't survive.  It may be an abbreviated season, but there will be a season.   I keep hearing about pushing the start back.  Have the playoffs in December...etc.  Why hasn't anyone mentioned moving the season up?  Supposedly ultra-violet light and humidity kill the virus so why not start the season at the height of summer and have championships at Halloween?  

TSSAA  don’t decide if they will be a season...lol I’m sure they would struggle just like a lot of company’s. They cannot fill the stands in a middle of a outbreak with no vaccine. Also with the deaths that has not stopped multiplying sense March.