Meigs County Football 2020

Yeti

3 minutes ago, hohmaster said:

I think Davis is a good coach with his dad helping him coach and game plan. I've never considered them to be great, and that's not a knock on them. Their last few years at Polk weren't that good, though they were good at slowing down games so they wouldn't get totally blown out. 
I'm just not sure that Central or the entire community is that committed to achieving greatness, or if they know what it takes. I was disappointed in the 3-7 record last year with all those Seniors and an intentionally weakened schedule. I'm hoping this year will show improvement.

I dont see it the same really.

Meigs

Loudon

McMinn County

RedBank

Most people would have lost to those teams

Signal Mountain

Brainerd

Sweetwater

These three games should have been close games really, win or lose. But you definitely have 4 games that most teams would have lost.

3 minutes ago, hohmaster said:

I remember the Meadows' boy's Dad, Gary. He was a hoss in high school and may still own some state records. I heard the younger Meadows boy is bigger than Will and loves basketball, but will need a disciplinarian to coach him.  Coach Fitz' would have been the perfect one to tame this young buck.  

I've met Gary a few times now and had a funny conversation with him about his kids before I knew they were his kids lol. Hes a good fellow and cares alot about his kids and the team same as Will. As far as the younger Meadows I dont know anything about discplinarian. But that kind of attitude translates pretty well in a contact sport from what I've seen over the years if it's true. I'd still love to have had him on the team.

23 hours ago, hohmaster said:

I am a McMinn Central follower and poster, though I've been accused of being a Meigs fan by some Central paranoids who can't understand me bragging on the Meigs' program. I didn't play for Central but attend most of their games due to family connections to the school. I call it like I see it, which doesn't set well with some.
I was at the Middle School championship game between Meigs and Central, and expected a better game though I thought Meigs would win. I couldn't believe the difference of the teams on that field that night, and I believe a lot of that is the carryover from the high school teams' programs. Coach Fitzgerald has raised the bar very high at Meigs, and those expectations and pride filters down to the elementary age young men. It remains to be seen if Coach Davis can replicate that success at Central. 
I hesitate to name names, but one young man who played linebacker at Meigs last year really impressed me. His last name was Smith and I think he was a sophomore. He wasn't big, but he had a motor on every play and refused to quit.  That's called heart.

Until McMinn Central's athletic department, administration, and community prioritize football it won't matter what Coach Davis does.

6 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Just was curious.Most teams with a positive are quarantining for two weeks.Good for you guys,you need this game.

He said they only had 2 kids that wont be playing due to the quarantining. In the end it was a small issue as far as their Football program was concerned. Sounds like you got something in store for us. :mrgreen:

2 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

He said they only had 2 kids that wont be playing due to the quarantining. In the end it was a small issue as far as their Football program was concerned. Sounds like you got something in store for us. :mrgreen:

No, but if I were you I definitely wouldn't want to go into our game not knowing what we could do.

3 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Last year our game was rained out till Saturday, and you still managed to play yours on that Friday. Hopefully this year we wont have the same kind of weather. I did get to meet some of your fans and fathers of players because of it though.

I guess my point being nobody has any scrimmages or any time under their belt. All these games are important for us up to region play.

1 minute ago, orngnblk said:

No, but if I were you I definitely wouldn't want to go into our game not knowing what we could do.

You have a stud running back and a good line on both sides of the ball. From what I've gathered here you will be a smashmouth type of run team. Young qb with good recievers. Will be able to throw and spread the defense just enough to make defense honest. Once the qb builds some confidence you will be very hard to handle. Sound about right?

1 minute ago, orngnblk said:

I guess my point being nobody has any scrimmages or any time under their belt. All these games are important for us up to region play.

I know what you meant, was trying to make your message seem like an attack lol. 8-)

Was just messin with ya bud.

Edited by Imthayeti