Meigs County Football 2020

Yeti

1 minute ago, hohmaster said:

How many starters will be out for each team due to quarantine mandates? 

:shock:. Wondered if it would get out. We have a small handful that wont be playing I wont give an exact number. Or definitely not the positions. We will play with what we got and if we win we will say we have depth. If we lose Sweetwater will have been better than us this year. Pretty sure every team if they do it right will have to deal with these issues this year. Fortunately we get to play and fortunately it's not a region game. That being said its gonna be a hard fought game. I was fortunate enough to get a ticket.

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

:shock:. Wondered if it would get out. We have a small handful that wont be playing I wont give an exact number. Or definitely not the positions. We will play with what we got and if we win we will say we have depth. If we lose Sweetwater will have been better than us this year. Pretty sure every team if they do it right will have to deal with these issues this year. Fortunately we get to play and fortunately it's not a region game. That being said its gonna be a hard fought game. I was fortunate enough to get a ticket.

Honestly, I've only heard a couple players' names mentioned for Meigs that may not be playing.  It was really a dumb question on my part because I know that no one from either team is going to reveal what they know, and they shouldn't.  I was more curious in general how covid is affecting nearby teams and i should have asked it that way. 
You can have two teams playing with the same amount of starters out, but the particular starters missing from each team can affect the game considerably.
I've never seen a coach Fitzgerald or a coach Martin team that wasn't competitive. Should be a slobberknocker.

1 minute ago, hohmaster said:

Honestly, I've only heard a couple players' names mentioned for Meigs that may not be playing.  It was really a dumb question on my part because I know that no one from either team is going to reveal what they know, and they shouldn't.  I was more curious in general how covid is affecting nearby teams and i should have asked it that way. 
You can have two teams playing with the same amount of starters out, but the particular starters missing from each team can affect the game considerably.
I've never seen a coach Fitzgerald or a coach Martin team that wasn't competitive. Should be a slobberknocker.

It will be a good game I believe, and dont worry about it. It's the new way of life until we have a vaccine. I hope I didnt seem disrespectful or anything. Some heartbroken kids that want to be out there but can't is all you can say about it. Have more than one negative test a week apart but per TSSAA rules that just isnt good enough. So hopefully they will take their frustration out next game. 

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

It will be a good game I believe, and dont worry about it. It's the new way of life until we have a vaccine. I hope I didnt seem disrespectful or anything. Some heartbroken kids that want to be out there but can't is all you can say about it. Have more than one negative test a week apart but per TSSAA rules that just isnt good enough. So hopefully they will take their frustration out next game. 

You weren't disrespectful at all. I just edited that same question on the McMinn Co - McMinn Central game thread.
I hate it happening to any young man of any team. I don't agree with TSSAA's rule but I understand them feeling they need to be extra cautious.

3 minutes ago, hohmaster said:

You weren't disrespectful at all. I just edited that same question on the McMinn Co - McMinn Central game thread.
I hate it happening to any young man of any team. I don't agree with TSSAA's rule but I understand them feeling they need to be extra cautious.

Wish you all luck tomorrow, I know that's a very hard game considering the size differences in the schools.

2 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

On a side note @hohmaster

Middle school games start tonight. We play Sequoyah at Sequoyah. You going to any of Centrals games? Who do they have tonight?

I've been too busy lately to keep up with what's going on and didn't even know the middle school season started tonight. I may catch a game or two, but I'm not as knowledgeable about what they have this year. I know some kids playing for Central's MS team but haven't had much of a chance to talk to them.
I think Meigs Middle lost quite a few stud players to high school?  How will they be this year?

I know McMinn Central will lose to McMinn Co Friday night. Both teams lost some starters from last years teams. This is coach Davis' second season so his system should be in place. Most new coaches see the most improvement from their first season to their second season.
McMinn Co. is the only larger school that Central plays. They also play 3-4 games against smaller schools. I think the schedule is about the same as last year.

5 minutes ago, hohmaster said:

I've been too busy lately to keep up with what's going on and didn't even know the middle school season started tonight. I may catch a game or two, but I'm not as knowledgeable about what they have this year. I know some kids playing for Central's MS team but haven't had much of a chance to talk to them.
I think Meigs Middle lost quite a few stud players to high school?  How will they be this year?

I know McMinn Central will lose to McMinn Co Friday night. Both teams lost some starters from last years teams. This is coach Davis' second season so his system should be in place. Most new coaches see the most improvement from their first season to their second season.
McMinn Co. is the only larger school that Central plays. They also play 3-4 games against smaller schools. I think the schedule is about the same as last year.

I've only seen one practice and it looks like we lost alot of size mostly it seemed. Still had a large amount of athletes  just no huge lineman this year. Probably wont have the dominance we had last year at best guess which doesn't mean alot after seeing one practice, but if we play to our strengths could be a pretty good season. I've heard most roster numbers are down due to covid. I didnt see an over abundance of players out there during practice.

6 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I've only seen one practice and it looks like we lost alot of size mostly it seemed. Still had a large amount of athletes  just no huge lineman this year. Probably wont have the dominance we had last year at best guess which doesn't mean alot after seeing one practice, but if we play to our strengths could be a pretty good season. I've heard most roster numbers are down due to covid. I didnt see an over abundance of players out there during practice.

I mainly remember the Meigs Middle backup QB (TJ?) from last year being a stud on both sides of the ball. That team certainly had some big, strong, vicious linemen too. Meigs high school's success for the last several years has generated interest and pride all the way down to their little league teams.
Covid has affected sports for sure. A thought just hit me, are the kids allowed to play sports if they're doing the online schooling?  

Just now, hohmaster said:

I mainly remember the Meigs Middle backup QB (TJ?) from last year being a stud on both sides of the ball. That team certainly had some big, strong, vicious linemen too. Meigs high school's success for the last several years has generated interest and pride all the way down to their little league teams.
Covid has affected sports for sure. A thought just hit me, are the kids allowed to play sports if they're doing the online schooling?  

They are as long as they are enrolled with that school.