Greenback 2020

Gbnation

On 4/5/2020 at 2:24 AM, cherokean said:

Please put Coach Ryan and his family in your prayers...his Mother passed away Friday afternoon.

Thanks for the info,caught me by surprise hadnt heard she was sick.Bad news for her family and our town.Always looked forward to talking to her at the corner on Fridays before games,She LOVED Greenback football.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
59 minutes ago, GbMan said:

Reloaded with a great freshman class that will turn some heads this group won the Blount county championship over some good Alcoa and Maryville teams. Can’t wait to watch them play. Reminds me of the 2016 2017 group. 

Did ya play Maryville , I didn't see you all on there schedule from last year.  Our middle school had a great season last year also, I don't believe nobody really gave us much of a game but our schedule was probably not as tough as the Cherokees.  

11 hours ago, GbMan said:

Reloaded with a great freshman class that will turn some heads this group won the Blount county championship over some good Alcoa and Maryville teams. Can’t wait to watch them play. Reminds me of the 2016 2017 group. 

A friend of mine son is coming from Maryville Middle also.He is another big lineman.That Freshman class along with the Huge Jeffries kid that's got the SEC slobbering over him will be a force for a lot of years.I would say Greenback will have one of if not the best Front 5 in 1A or 2A.The East may not be a cake walk as some think.

On 6/8/2020 at 4:53 PM, rtl112 said:

Did ya play Maryville , I didn't see you all on there schedule from last year.  Our middle school had a great season last year also, I don't believe nobody really gave us much of a game but our schedule was probably not as tough as the Cherokees.  

No not last year this was when theses freshman were in 7th grade so two years ago. I get the groups mixed up I think they were midgets group. Its the age group before juniors. But a great looking bunch. 

14 hours ago, Jim1972 said:

A friend of mine son is coming from Maryville Middle also.He is another big lineman.That Freshman class along with the Huge Jeffries kid that's got the SEC slobbering over him will be a force for a lot of years.I would say Greenback will have one of if not the best Front 5 in 1A or 2A.The East may not be a cake walk as some think.

I work with his dad but he is a great kid also. Big kid I’m excited to see what is going to happen. 

17 hours ago, Jim1972 said:

I don't think it's a cakewalk at all. SP and Greenback will have another tough game in the semifinals. Our skill guys as a whole will be tough for anyone and sounds like yalls line will be. Should be fun