Preseason Top Ten in 2A for 2020

FridayMainEvent

6 hours ago, rtl112 said:

For some reason I thought you all had a young team last year. My bad,  the Indians will be tough like they are most years.  Did the big boy upfront graduate?  He was a monster!

No he’s a sophomore lol will be a junior this season. 

Edited by crow

• 3 weeks later...

Alright fellas, I seriously like to see some "Top Ten" lists from you guys.   

I'm planning to do a our "Spring Preview Show" sometime in the next couple of weeks and I do respect the opinion of many of your guys.    We plan to reveal our spring top ten on this show and your input would be appreciated.   Obviously, I try and keep up with returning players and other indicators, but first hand knowledge from you guys goes a long way in our decision process.    Help us out by providing your top ten and reasoning behind it.

Thanks so much guys!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Wavo2004 said:

I'm trying to figure out how Houston county is even in the top 10 

I do believe Houston County should be in the top 10. Despite their offense taking a major hit in October of last year, there two losses were only a combined of 8 points. I also don't know how good their schedule really is, because I'm weary of how good teams that are north of I-40 but west of Dickson and east of the Tennessee river are. 

In 2A Riverside should've been as high as 5, they did beat Waverly last year, and they went deeper in the playoffs than an inconsistent McKenzie team and Houston County.

In 3A is interesting because region 7-3A is represented a lot on this list. However, McNairy Central should at least receive HM votes and not Westview, and I would've put Wooddale in over South Gibson. 

In 4A is fine with me.

In 5A there's absolutely no love for Dyer County at all. Choctaws played on Black Friday last year, just want to throw that out.

In 6A, another team played in the semifinals last year, and not even made the list. That team is Houston. Houston even defeated Whitehaven last year in the quarterfinals, and Whitehaven was #4 on the list. 

This is just another top ten list from a media outlet in Middle and East Tennessee that is wanting to do something for fun. Unfortunately, they did not do any homework, especially to West Tennessee teams. Kudos to FridayMainEvent for doing this, but they can do better. They love their East and Middle Tennessee teams for sure!! I can definitely say that!!!

Edited by TryNotToSuck

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 12:54 PM, TryNotToSuck said:

I do believe Houston County should be in the top 10. Despite their offense taking a major hit in October of last year, there two losses were only a combined of 8 points. I also don't know how good their schedule really is, because I'm weary of how good teams that are north of I-40 but west of Dickson and east of the Tennessee river are. 

In 2A Riverside should've been as high as 5, they did beat Waverly last year, and they went deeper in the playoffs than an inconsistent McKenzie team and Houston County.

In 3A is interesting because region 7-3A is represented a lot on this list. However, McNairy Central should at least receive HM votes and not Westview, and I would've put Wooddale in over South Gibson. 

In 4A is fine with me.

In 5A there's absolutely no love for Dyer County at all. Choctaws played on Black Friday last year, just want to throw that out.

In 6A, another team played in the semifinals last year, and not even made the list. That team is Houston. Houston even defeated Whitehaven last year in the quarterfinals, and Whitehaven was #4 on the list. 

This is just another top ten list from a media outlet in Middle and East Tennessee that is wanting to do something for fun. Unfortunately, they did not do any homework, especially to West Tennessee teams. Kudos to FridayMainEvent for doing this, but they can do better. They love their East and Middle Tennessee teams for sure!! I can definitely say that!!!

We'll "TryNotToSuck" next time.  Thanks for the feedback.

I think some of you just looked at our Top Ten on our website but didn't watch our "reveal" show for our Top Ten.   In most cases, we tried to explain how we arrived at out selections.   Absolutely positive we screwed up on a few picks in every class.   It happens every year!  Our main reason for putting one out so early this year is because we felt the high school football fan needed a brief refrain from all this "Corona Virus" stuff.  

Hopefully whether you agree with our picks or not, you do see that we are trying to make the best of a bad situation.   I absolutely hate this for all the the 2020 seniors.   What a crappy hand they were dealt.  Luckily for the Football seniors, they were able to complete their sport and most of the basketball was concluded except for obviously the Championship (real bummer!)   The spring sports... I feel the worse for you guys.    Just remember, sometimes life isn't fair, but the sun will come up tomorrow and 30 years from now, this will not have a major impact on your life.

If anyone did disagree with our picks, at least take the time to watch our show and perhaps we did answer a few questions about how we came up with our pics.   As always, appreciate you guys tuning in to our show and we can't wait to get things started back up this fall:

8 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

We'll "TryNotToSuck" next time.  Thanks for the feedback.

Haha, you're fine. I do appreciate the time that y'all have taken out of your day(s) to make this list. I understand that everybody has a different criteria in order to determine where teams should be ranked. Also, covering 300+ high schools in 95 different counties, knowing that some parts of the Volunteer State is better than others. Just thought it was strange that two teams the played on Black Friday, didn't make the list, and both of those teams are from West Tennessee. "Branding" obviously played a role in this as well.