Preseason Top Ten in 4A for 2020

FridayMainEvent

4 minutes ago, dhstennis said:

No one asked for your "opinion"...but have at it

I always shut the game down...notice my guy is pretty silent and off topic

Someone thinks they are more important than they really are. Me and Swipes was just discussing the Smith/Hookfin debate and you wanted to butt in. Nobody asked for your "opinion" either. So you need to relax its not that serious. It must be hard to lighten up when your program has went to the dumps. I mean i guess I understand where your coming from, it would be hard to be in a good mood with 5 wins in 3 years, 3 straight years of missing the playoffs, having Haywood score 70 on you. I get it. I really do. 

1 hour ago, PatriotsNation said:

Someone thinks they are more important than they really are. Me and Swipes was just discussing the Smith/Hookfin debate and you wanted to butt in. Nobody asked for your "opinion" either. So you need to relax its not that serious. It must be hard to lighten up when your program has went to the dumps. I mean i guess I understand where your coming from, it would be hard to be in a good mood with 5 wins in 3 years, 3 straight years of missing the playoffs, having Haywood score 70 on you. I get it. I really do. 

Yea...my life revolves around a Win/Loss record 

one could say the same thing about your own personal views...which is once again what I asked you for...you cannot be wrong...that’s what is so funny about you ducking the question repeatedly 

if you want to deal in facts, I have those as well...but you seem to value your opinion so highly that I asked for that instead...and...well...here we are

so you can keep throwing shade, and I’m going to keep treating your friends how you treat me and laugh about how judgmental you’re all going to become over it

2 minutes ago, dhstennis said:

Yea...my life revolves around a Win/Loss record 

one could say the same thing about your own personal views...which is once again what I asked you for...you cannot be wrong...that’s what is so funny about you ducking the question repeatedly 

if you want to deal in facts, I have those as well...but you seem to value your opinion so highly that I asked for that instead...and...well...here we are

so you can keep throwing shade, and I’m going to keep treating your friends how you treat me and laugh about how judgmental you’re all going to become over it

:lol: why you so concerned with my opinion anyways? If you want to know about my opinion on the 42-7 loss that Haywood had against Olive Branch I dont really have an opinion of it. I'm not familiar with Olive Branch. I know very little about them. All I know is what their record has been the past 3 seasons. They have went 12-2, 12-2, and 9-4. Seems like a pretty solid program to me. But what do i know.....

12 minutes ago, PatriotsNation said:

:lol: why you so concerned with my opinion anyways? If you want to know about my opinion on the 42-7 loss that Haywood had against Olive Branch I dont really have an opinion of it. I'm not familiar with Olive Branch. I know very little about them. All I know is what their record has been the past 3 seasons. They have went 12-2, 12-2, and 9-4. Seems like a pretty solid program to me. But what do i know.....

My curiosity lies in that though...if you don’t know much about Olive Branch football, other than their prior seasons records...how can you be so judgmental towards Hookfin's situation in Arkansas? To me it’s the exact same premise 

Olive Branch had a good team, but not a great team and they were able to walk all over Haywood

I personally don’t think Smith or Hookfin could have done anything to stop that from happening 

I just wanted to hear your thoughts, thank you

4 minutes ago, dhstennis said:

My curiosity lies in that though...if you don’t know much about Olive Branch football, other than their prior seasons records...how can you be so judgmental towards Hookfin's situation in Arkansas? To me it’s the exact same premise 

Olive Branch had a good team, but not a great team and they were able to walk all over Haywood

I personally don’t think Smith or Hookfin could have done anything to stop that from happening 

I just wanted to hear your thoughts, thank you

But my point is that Hookfins situation in Arkansas is that everyone says he is so great of a coach. Well can ya give me 1 win???? Just 1! Thats all im saying. No matter how bad their program had been before Hookfin, a great coach can win 1 game! I dont expect a 5 or 6 win season. Just ONE game! And they go 0-10. Idk thats just how I feel about the situation. 

23 minutes ago, PatriotsNation said:

But my point is that Hookfins situation in Arkansas is that everyone says he is so great of a coach. Well can ya give me 1 win???? Just 1! Thats all im saying. No matter how bad their program had been before Hookfin, a great coach can win 1 game! I dont expect a 5 or 6 win season. Just ONE game! And they go 0-10. Idk thats just how I feel about the situation. 

I can understand that logic...but it’s big boy football, real big

here’s one for you...Tyler Turner replaced Hook at Liberty, did a fantastic job...went to Olive Branch...you just stated his last 3 years...we can go 5 total as a head coach if need be...but he just took the job at Goodpasture

in that league...with all those type players on opposing teams...would you consider him in the same view as Hookfin if he goes 0-10 or 1-9??? Or does his resume’ pull you in another direction...I’m looking fwd to watching both projects unfold 

I also think Coach Smith was the right man to replace Hookfin at Haywood...I’m just not so quick to dismiss what Hookfin was able to build & accomplish there as well as Liberty

Edited by dhstennis

18 minutes ago, dhstennis said:

I can understand that logic...but it’s big boy football, real big

here’s one for you...Tyler Turner replaced Hook at Liberty, did a fantastic job...went to Olive Branch...you just stated his last 3 years...we can go 5 total as a head coach if need be...but he just took the job at Goodpasture

in that league...with all those type players on opposing teams...would you consider him in the same view as Hookfin if he goes 0-10 or 1-9??? Or does his resume’ pull you in another direction...I’m looking fwd to watching both projects unfold 

I also think Coach Smith was the right man to replace Hookfin at Haywood...I’m just not so quick to dismiss what Hookfin was able to build & accomplish there as well as Liberty

Hookfin did do a good job as coach of Liberty and Haywood but he better not go 0-10 again this year. Because lets say he does. You will never convince me he is a great coach and be 0-20 in Arkansas high school football. At some point you have to start winning and winning often.

16 minutes ago, PatriotsNation said:

Hookfin did do a good job as coach of Liberty and Haywood but he better not go 0-10 again this year. Because lets say he does. You will never convince me he is a great coach and be 0-20 in Arkansas high school football. At some point you have to start winning and winning often.

Lol...bet...he ain’t goin 0-20...

3 years = playoffs...so he has 2 more seasons

of course...not every state association allows 1 & 2 win teams in the postseason like TN does...

30 minutes ago, dhstennis said:

Lol...bet...he ain’t goin 0-20...

3 years = playoffs...so he has 2 more seasons

of course...not every state association allows 1 & 2 win teams in the postseason like TN does...

I know it's all ifs right now but if he goes 0-20 y'all better be ready to take the heat come this November because I'm gonna give it. I wish the man luck. I also wish ur Liberty Tech Crusaders luck this upcoming season. Lord knows both programs need it!! :lol: JK lol

Edited by PatriotsNation

Perhaps Coach Hookfin has offended patriotsnation in some form or fashion that none of us are aware of?? But 0-20 appears to be wishful thinking on patriotsnations' behalf. Hoofkins first three years at Liberty 2-8, 7-4, 12-2. First three years at Haywood 6-5, 10-2, 11-3. If i were a betting man I would put my money on Hookfin.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, MunfordBball said:

Perhaps Coach Hookfin has offended patriotsnation in some form or fashion that none of us are aware of?? But 0-20 appears to be wishful thinking on patriotsnations' behalf. Hoofkins first three years at Liberty 2-8, 7-4, 12-2. First three years at Haywood 6-5, 10-2, 11-3. If i were a betting man I would put my money on Hookfin.

Patriot Nation just sayin.....:popcorneater: