Preseason Top Ten in 4A for 2020

FridayMainEvent

• 2 months later...

I think Trapp gets his first region Champ Trophy this yr. Dekalb returns alot just about everyone but 1 lineman.  Qb has time he can absolutely destroy you ask Tullahoma. He finds 15 who had a breakout yr last season. There D the lost 1 player. They have a good Coaching Staff. Both Aldino and Nokes are PreSeason all state players. Ladet had a good 2nd half on D last yr.  Jones just got a full ride to tech. Alexendra is a deep threat every play. Theres alot of talent there. There D will be solid. O line still a little young but play solid.  I'll say it truly comes down on how they protect Aldino. If he has time to run there O and Livingston have to play at Dekalb this yr I'd look for DC to win the Region. All of there hard games just happen to be In Dekalb and being in the home stands last season they play different there. I was impressed with how they could have folded up shop last yr but refocused and kept playing till the 3rd Rnd. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/4/2020 at 9:31 PM, TryNotToSuck said:

No such thing as 5* punters/kickers

You do understand that whether you agree with the star # because it's not rivals, this area holds some of the best kickers in the country right?  That's his point, and it's valid.  Holds true for much of TN.

AC passing attack in playoffs against Greeneville was really off. Greeneville played it well. Between those 3 (Greeneville, Betsy and Mavs) last year the Mavs were definitely 3rd. Just as I thought Gudger would spring the run and it was more than enough to break AC back. Neither defense or offense were enough. Gudger being hurt made the difference against Betsy as it could have turned out differently for Betsy. Anyway it goes speed can still kill....
The Mavs will need there QB to step up in allot of ways this year in order to challenge upper northeast.

5 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

AC passing attack in playoffs against Greeneville was really off. Greeneville played it well. Between those 3 (Greeneville, Betsy and Mavs) last year the Mavs were definitely 3rd. Just as I thought Gudger would spring the run and it was more than enough to break AC back. Neither defense or offense were enough. Gudger being hurt made the difference against Betsy as it could have turned out differently for Betsy. Anyway it goes speed can still kill....
The Mavs will need there QB to step up in allot of ways this year in order to challenge upper northeast.

Great break down of last years game Mavsinflight, the Devils Pick return for a TD right before half helped a lot too.  Greeneville was up 2 Td's against Betsy even without Gudger, but what really hurt us was Everhart tearing a ligament in his knee on the play that scored the 2nd TD and didn't play DT the rest of the game. (Which was a Huge loss on D).  Betsy never looked back after that happened.  Even though Greeneville and Betsy have been Rivals for years it was good to see another NE TN team bring back another gold ball if we couldn't. (Same would have been said about you all if you were playing in the championship)

42 minutes ago, GangTackle said:

I don't think AC is better than Haywood, Hardin, or Springfield. I do think Greeneville and Betsy are better than those three however.

Thanks for adding no value or anything relevant to my post you commented on.  No where did i mention Haywood, Hardin, or Springfield, but if you want to bring it up stats and facts would say other wise.  Springfield represented the West last year and had a total of 3 first downs and 133 yards for the entire game in the championship.  Springfield also was handled by Marshall Co. in the 6th game of the year at Springfield 42-12 a team that didn't make it out of the 2nd round in the East. Springfield didn't look like should have even been on the field against Betsy who absolutely dominated the line of scrimmage and return their entire O and D line. Educate yourself on the past State Championships in 4a and see how lopsided they have been.  A team coming out of the West has won twice since the TSSAA went to 6 classifications in 2009 (2009 and 2016).  The avg scoring difference in those two losses was 15.5 points.  The avg scoring different the other 8 years the East has won is 34.5 points in the championship game.

Let the excuses of well Springfield wasn't ready in week 6, Well they did make it to the championship, etc.

9 hours ago, Swipes said:

Great break down of last years game Mavsinflight, the Devils Pick return for a TD right before half helped a lot too.  Greeneville was up 2 Td's against Betsy even without Gudger, but what really hurt us was Everhart tearing a ligament in his knee on the play that scored the 2nd TD and didn't play DT the rest of the game. (Which was a Huge loss on D).  Betsy never looked back after that happened.  Even though Greeneville and Betsy have been Rivals for years it was good to see another NE TN team bring back another gold ball if we couldn't. (Same would have been said about you all if you were playing in the championship)

Yeah I had no idea you guys were without another player as well. And congratulations to Betsy they did bring home the Gold. Its a new season and AC is still in hunt for there 1st Gold Ball. Every year I say this is the year. Lol and unfortunately I am getting older each year. So I will suck it up and say.......This is the Year of all Years! LOL It should be a fun year for all of us, Swipes. Good luck this year. I can't wait to start in on Devilman. If he is still around. Just hope I can back up what I say for once....LOL...Again Good Luck that you probably want need, luck.

3 hours ago, GangTackle said:

And nothing you just said in your incoherent rambling touched on what I said. I said AC wasn't better than any of those 3 teams when I clearly said Betsy and Greeneville was. Which was the whole base of your statement. 

"Same would have been said about you all if you were playing in the championship" right before that you said it was nice seeing another NE team win the gold ball. Therefore I'm taking it as you think AC would have won it if they got there. 

I'm not a Springfield fan and I could care less how bad they got beat btw. 

I understand you are on the edge because Poppa Ballard is gone and the program has had 3 head coaches in 3 years but it'll be okay. You'll get to see Betsy win them another one.

Here is what the full statement was "Even though Greeneville and Betsy have been Rivals for years it was good to see another NE TN team bring back another gold ball if we couldn't. (Same would have been said about you all if you were playing in the championship).  This is what you get when Assuming things.  It would have been Good to See AC bring back a Gold Ball too if they would have made it. (I never said they would have won it in my statement).  Do i believe they would have won it?  Yes i do after watching Springfield play in that championship game, have 3 first downs the entire game, and having seen AC play last year also.  AC would have dominated the line of Scrimmage.  Me stating that Marshall County who beat Springfield by 30 points in week 6 was a fact of showing how weak the West was. I have actually done research and you have given zero factual arguments.  I knew Betsy was going to roll Springfield.

Poppa Ballard (You should call him Daddy coming from you) as you like to call him isn't gone and still has quite a bit to do with the program if you actually knew what you were taking about.  If Betsy beats us this year i'll pull for them once again in Cookeville, since they are the early favorite with almost everyone returning.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, GangTackle said:

Done research by comparing scores of games? That's hilarious. Thats some Harvard level education right there.

It's when Betsy beats yall again this year, not if.

Research as in actually watching film on the teams you have mentioned (Haywood, Hardin Co, Springfield,) and seeing AC, Betsy, Greeneville, and Springfield (In the championship game) play in person last year.  Shoot me some facts and i'll listing but tired of you running your mouth without anything to back it up. Next Time don't assume anything and you wont have to be given a school lesson on how to read.

I Like how you're counting Chickens before they are hatched.

14 hours ago, GangTackle said:

You must be on a high level to have exclusive film access on all those teams.  You should be working on Saturdays as an analyst comparing scores and films. You are stating nothing, but your opinion. I didn't know chickens was capitalized... I'm the one who needs an english lesson? I am just stating facts on the scores of Betsy and Greeneville games last year. That's how it works right? Go cry and watch Ballard tapes. It's over!!!!

Almost every team in the State had a HUDL account with tons of video available.   I watch video all the time of various teams and players I'm curious about.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GangTackle said:

You must be on a high level to have exclusive film access on all those teams.  You should be working on Saturdays as an analyst comparing scores and films. You are stating nothing, but your opinion. I didn't know chickens was capitalized... I'm the one who needs an english lesson? I am just stating facts on the scores of Betsy and Greeneville games last year. That's how it works right? Go cry and watch Ballard tapes. It's over!!!!

:roflol:Come into the 21st century man.  I've been on here long enough that most people know I use to coach high school football and do have access to HUDL because I have an account.  This isn't the days of driving to hand over a VHS tape for teams to watch film.  HUDL has transformed how much access you have to watch other teams and not hard to do now.

Fact:  Marshall Co. beat Springfield the State runner up 42-12 in week 6

Fact: Marshall Co didn't make it out of the 2nd round in the East

Fact: Springfield has 3 first downs and 133 total yards of Offense in the State Championship Game

Fact: The east has won 8 out of the 10 4a state championships since going to 6 classifications in TN with an Avg winning margin of 34.5 points

You haven't even mentioned the Scores of the Betsy and Greeneville games last year in any of your posts just that they are going to win it again this year.  I have stated they are the Favorites but if you think Greeneville is just going to roll over think again.

3 minutes ago, GangTackle said:

Back to my orginal post.... None of that has anything to do with the three teams being better than AC...  Yup Greeneville played tough with Betsy and lost twice. Only thing is Greeneville lost ALOT more than Betsy did. That is a fact!

Wow why should coaches even swap film if its that easy to get game film. Oh that's right because it's usually just highlights 

Back to your original post which was a reply to my post that had nothing to do with anything I said.  You opened up the can of worms by stating Haywood, Hardin Co., and Springfield were better than AC when that was never mentioned in my post.  I saw both Springfield and AC in person last year and don't believe that to be true for the simple fact AC would have dominated the line of scrimmage the same way Betsy did.

They do swap film through Hudl and if you have a paying subscription (Like I do) you can get different access than just watching highlights like the general public.