Preseason Top Ten in 4A for 2020

FridayMainEvent

IMO there is no comparison at this time. This was the first time in coach smith career that he made it to the semis. Hookfin has been multiple times with different teams, and a state championship game. Im sure coach smith will probally make a few more runs. Until smith can make it to the title game, no comparison. As far as the recruiting goes im not certain. i know Hookfin had a great relationship with the coaches at Memphis, that are now at FSU. Smith also walked into a solid program with players that were well coached before his arrival. I wish both coaches the best. Give credit where credit is do. Do 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

All that won’t be settled til we see what smith does. I’m not saying he’s better then hookfin, I’m not saying he’s behind them either. With hookfin we were predictable with smith not so much. Oh players are signing left and right not just prospects anymore since smiths arrival

I have to agree.

5 hours ago, PatriotsNation said:

Im leaving it at this...he is a decent coach but your point is extremely weak when the man cant come up with at least 1 win in Arkansas football. No matter how bad that program has been a great coach i promise u can cough up 1 win at the very least. Coach Smith is a better coach and it will be proven over the next few years....

Dude I don't know what you problem is with Hoofkin.  He gave Henry County a big fat L the same as Smith did before moving to Arkansas.  I don't care who you are coming into a program that has won 2 games in 5 years and trying to rebuild a program doesn't mean someone isn't a great coach by not winning the first year.  When Smith took over Germantown he went 5-6 his first year a game better than the previous coach and then 3-8 the following year it's football and you can only do so much with the jimmy and joe's you have no matter what type of coach you are.

4 hours ago, PatriotsNation said:

By the way if my memory serves me correct. Coach Smith's last two seasons at Germantown they went undefeated in the regular season both years with 2 victories over Henry County and Whitehaven. Then when he leaves the program in good hands the new coach of Germantown stinks up the joint and goes 2-9. Then Smiths first year at Haywood they make it to the Semifinals. So yeah im taking Coach Smith over Coach Hook any day. 

They did go undefeated in the regular season his last years getting put out in the 2nd round and Quarter Finals by 2 teams that he hadn't beaten in the regular season so let that sink in for a min, when we talk about coaching.  2017 regular season put up 45 points on White Station to be held to 14 in the playoffs and in 2018 putting up 37 against Whitehaven just to get shut out in the playoffs.  Maybe you should stop and think that before Smith went to Haywood he had never made it to the semi's and took over a team that just was in the State Championship game and had a ton of community support around the program.  Taking over Haywood and taking over a team who has won 2 games in 5 years is completely different coaching you have to do

7 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Dude I don't know what you problem is with Hoofkin.  He gave Henry County a big fat L the same as Smith did before moving to Arkansas.  I don't care who you are coming into a program that has won 2 games in 5 years and trying to rebuild a program doesn't mean someone isn't a great coach by not winning the first year.  When Smith took over Germantown he went 5-6 his first year a game better than the previous coach and then 3-8 the following year it's football and you can only do so much with the jimmy and joe's you have no matter what type of coach you are.

Just stating the facts. No problems here with Hookfin but people act like Smith isnt on his level. Smith is one heck of a coach and I respect what he does! 

5 minutes ago, Swipes said:

They did go undefeated in the regular season his last years getting put out in the 2nd round and Quarter Finals by 2 teams that he hadn't beaten in the regular season so let that sink in for a min, when we talk about coaching.  2017 regular season put up 45 points on White Station to be held to 14 in the playoffs and in 2018 putting up 37 against Whitehaven just to get shut out in the playoffs.  Maybe you should stop and think that before Smith went to Haywood he had never made it to the semi's and took over a team that just was in the State Championship game and had a ton of community support around the program.  Taking over Haywood and taking over a team who has won 2 games in 5 years is completely different coaching you have to do

If you put Smith as head coach of that team in Arkansas I bet he wins at least one game. Probably more than that. Its my opinion and its fine that you dont agree but you need to respect not everyone agrees with you.

Edited by PatriotsNation

13 hours ago, PatriotsNation said:

Just stating the facts. No problems here with Hookfin but people act like Smith isnt on his level. Smith is one heck of a coach and I respect what he does! 

You mean stating opinions "he is a decent coach", "No matter how bad that program has been a great coach i promise u can cough up 1 win at the very least", "Coach Smith is a better coach and it will be proven over the next few years".

I don't believe anyone has said or acted like Smith isn't a good Coach but until you make it to a championship game (Something Hoofkin has done in TN) then it's hard to make an argument against Hoofkin who turned Haywood around and handed over a stable program to Smith

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PatriotsNation said:

If you put Smith as head coach of that team in Arkansas I bet he wins at least one game. Probably more than that. Its my opinion and its fine that you dont agree but you need to respect not everyone agrees with you.

You do understand we are on a discussion board and this is what it's about.  I deal in fact and what coaches have done not what they might potentially do.  Do you believe for one min that if Smith acquired about the Haywood Job and Hoofkin had no intentions on leaving that they would give it to Smith because as YOU said he is the better coach? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

You do understand we are on a discussion board and this is what it's about.  I deal in fact and what coaches have done not what they might potentially do.  Do you believe for one min that if Smith acquired about the Haywood Job and Hoofkin had no intentions on leaving that they would give it to Smith because as YOU said he is the better coach? 

Well it usually happens on these boards where you cant say your opinion without people getting overly offended. Some folks on here are like talking to children. Take care and good luck to Haywood this upcoming season! 

Edited by PatriotsNation