Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

13 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

I didnt watch it the Loretto game last night... but I watched their first matchup. Summertown is so balanced on both sides of the ball, we would to stay away from them lol. I like our chances with Loretto but I think that we would have a tough time matching up with Kenzie Weathers in the post. I think our guards are quick and athletic enough to contain Karly. 

If you play Loretto and Kenzie scores 12 or more your beat / karly can more than handle any hs pressure 

17 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

If you play Loretto and Kenzie scores 12 or more your beat / karly can more than handle any hs pressure 

Loretto will not beat Summertown, Gibson County, or McKenzie this year. Heck I haven’t seen Clarkrange but from the scores I see they will not beat them either. Just my opinion tho 

46 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Going to take more than that to beat Mckenzie They will put 70 on you in a heartbeat. Karly played well the other night, but I did the scorebook on the game.  Refs took the game over after the little altercation and called touch fouls all night. Weathers probably had 12 FT’s. She is good but they better bring 2 lunches to beat McKenzie, Gibson County and Clarkrange. 

1 hour ago, GlassHouseBound said:

For the sports gamblers out there.  At this point I think there’s no doubt that pretty much everyone would pick either Clarkrange/Summertown/ Gibson Co to win it all.  McKenzie definitely has the best chance of the rest.  I know MCkenzie beat GC earlier in the year but young guards for GC played the worst game they have all year and still only lost by 4-5 I think.  They won’t turn it over 28-30 times again.   

Vegas odds would have the three you mentioned on top of the list. If Gibson County controls turnovers and doesn’t get in major foul trouble, they will win it all. Madison has dominated defenses across the state. If it comes down to who executes best in the half court, give me Gibson County and not even close, IMO. Lot of ball to be played though. They have to get there. Young guards is the reason I have them a little below Summertown and Clarkrange. 

16 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

Kylie Reynolds had  a career high 25 points for us! She was awesome! Lilly Bennett and the Reynolds sisters really stepped it up last night for the lady rebels while Davis struggled with foul trouble. 

26 is what we had her with.  I have said all along, if you stop Davis you got to worry about the other 3 or 4 that can score. 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Vegas odds would have the three you mentioned on top of the list. If Gibson County controls turnovers and doesn’t get in major foul trouble, they will win it all. Madison has dominated defenses across the state. If it comes down to who executes best in the half court, give me Gibson County and not even close, IMO. Lot of ball to be played though. They have to get there. Young guards is the reason I have them a little below Summertown and Clarkrange. 

Clarkrange will be a tough out.  There is not a clear favorite this year in Class A. However it will be one of the big 3... Clarkrange, GC or Summertown. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

52 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Clarkrange will be a tough out.  There is not a clear favorite this year in Class A. However it will be one of the big 3... Clarkrange, GC or Summertown. 

I agree 110%. Talent wise on paper we are there with Clarkrange and Summertown. Experience wise a little different. We are playing 2 Freshman and a Sophomore out of our first 6. Rest are Juniors. Summertown and Clarkrange lots of experience. Reason I have them slightly ahead of us. 

Huge win for the Lady Rebels over AAA Arlington tonight 65 to 63. Davis-13 Bennett-12 Auvenshine-11 Dyer-10 to lead the way. Led at half by 6 by Arlington made their push at led at multiple times in the 4th. Our press caused them to turn it over at times which led to easy baskets and 3's. Hats off to Arlington for scheduling us so late in the season, and letting us have a home game. The Taylor sisters are remarkable players and so is #12  Long. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

Huge win for the Lady Rebels over AAA Arlington tonight 65 to 63. Davis-13 Bennett-12 Auvenshine-11 Dyer-10 to lead the way. Led at half by 6 by Arlington made their push at led at multiple times in the 4th. Our press caused them to turn it over at times which led to easy baskets and 3's. Hats off to Arlington for scheduling us so late in the season, and letting us have a home game. The Taylor sisters are remarkable players and so is #12  Long. 

McKenzie is playing well. Loretto will have to improve to play with them, IMO. Nice win for you guys.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, purplengolduc said:

Big win for UC over Gleason tonight 45-39. With a win over LC Thursday, coin flip with Greenfield for the 1 seed in the district tourney. 

I watched it. Exciting game. I wondered how they did it. I would have figured Union City would have won the tiebreaker on point differential. Think that is or was the format in 14 A.