Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

18 minutes ago, GlassHouseBound said:

I going with Gibson Co, McKenzie, clarkrange, and Summertown.   One of these 4 will win it all.  After that I’ll say the other 4 will be Union City, Pickett Co, North Greene and I’m not sure on the 8th from the east.  

I agree 110%. One of the four will win it all, IMO as well. If Gibson County controls TO’s and fouls and makes their FT’s they will be really hard to beat because Madison shoots 62% from the field. Last year they fed the post about every possession against Union City and Pickett County and she had a bunch. I don’t see anyone stopping her if they get her the ball. I hadn’t seen anyone slow her down since she has been at GC. 

Edited by pioneer42

My last Top 10 as we head into tournament play:

1. McKenzie (23-1)  -  will be challenged in Region Semifinal by Loretto or Summertown

2. Gibson Co (27-1) - expect them to cruise to state tournament; great talent and great coaching

3. Clarkrange (21-5) - guard play is really good; Rogers is a legend; not challenged until Murfreesboro

4. Summertown (23-3) - hard to see anyone winning at Summertown in region semifinal: long layoff

5. Loretto (15-6) - Weathers gives them a chance every game; no bad losses; another team w/ long layoff

6. Peabody (22-5) - will have to win two tough games to get to region final

7. Cloudland (18-4) - district championship tonight vs North Greene; they split season series

8. Greenfield (14-5) - playing better as of late; need to win their district to stay opposite of Gibson

9. Houston Co (17-2) - district championship vs Jo Byrns this week; they split season series

10. Tellico Plains (20-0) - in this spot because they're undefeated but they have played no one

Others to watch: Clay Co, Cosby, Gleason, Huntland, Jo Byrns, Moore Co, Oneida, Pickett Co, Richland, Union City, Van Buren Co, Whitwell

11 hours ago, westtn12 said:

McKenzie girls with their starters still in up 60-19..... not a good look. Well I’m control, pull the starters. 

This late in the year (especially after the snow storm), you've got to get your kids reps and make sure they have their legs for the games coming up. Certainly a wrong way and a right way to do things, but just because they have some of their kids in late, I wouldn't automatically call that a "bad look". If they are up 41 and still fullcourt pressing with their starters, I'd agree.

26 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

I don't understand why folks that have had both their covid shots are being kept out of ballgames. You should be able to show your card  and get in.

Why would you have to show that? What school? At most schools it should be a capacity limit, most schools are doing first come for serve at 35%