Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

1 minute ago, rebelman101 said:

McKenzie takes its first loss tonight against Dyer County 54 to 50. Savannah Davis played well despite being double and nearly tripled teamed all night. We rebounded the ball and crashed the offensive glass better than previous games. Had a chance to win at the end but Davis just couldnt get the layup to go. Great game for both teams tonight... Dyer County has a really good ball club.

Sounds like McKenzie is playing well. We get both of y’all soon which ought to be great games. Dyersburg is getting better between that and we can’t shoot the ball ever any good at their place we won by three tonight in a defensive war. Neither team shot the ball well, but O think GC made a play or two more.

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Sounds like McKenzie is playing well. We get both of y’all soon which ought to be great games. Dyersburg is getting better between that and we can’t shoot the ball ever any good at their place we won by three tonight in a defensive war. Neither team shot the ball well, but O think GC made a play or two more.

I seen the score & I was shocked that they played with y’all. What happened? 

14 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I seen the score & I was shocked that they played with y’all. What happened? 

We just didn’t play well. We don’t play well in that gym and Dyersburg seems to play well in their  gym. Dyersburg has improved  in 2 weeks. Ayden Carrol came off the bench to score 14 to lift us. We couldn’t throw the ball in the ocean. Everything was rimming out therefore we couldn’t press and it turned into a half court game. We didn’t have many turnovers and they had a few more than we did and we hit a few more three’s. Ugly win that could have definitely went Dyersburg’s way. They jumped out to a 9-1 lead and we got up by 7 before half and they had a couple good runs and got up by 6 or so at times. KK Howard played well for Dyersburg. They are better and played faster this time. They will be pretty good by the end of the year.

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

We just didn’t play well. We don’t play well in that gym and Dyersburg seems to play well in their  gym. Dyersburg has improved  in 2 weeks. Ayden Carrol came off the bench to score 14 to lift us. We couldn’t throw the ball in the ocean. Everything was rimming out therefore we couldn’t press and it turned into a half court game. We didn’t have many turnovers and they had a few more than we did and we hit a few more three’s. Ugly win that could have definitely went Dyersburg’s way. They jumped out to a 9-1 lead and we got up by 7 before half and they had a couple good runs and got up by 6 or so at times. KK Howard played well for Dyersburg. They are better and played faster this time. They will be pretty good by the end of the year.

Understood! I actually had Dyersburg beating us in our Hall of Frame game(2nd game) because of chemistry! We had 3 or 4 girls coming off ACL injuries & a few new players, I actually gave the nod to Dyersburg! But I did say if they didn’t beat us we wouldn’t lose a game this year. I do know they would/will get better & will be tough come playoff time, especially in their gym!  Nonetheless y’all got the win & made it happen congratulations! 

5 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Understood! I actually had Dyersburg beating us in our Hall of Frame game(2nd game) because of chemistry! We had 3 or 4 girls coming off ACL injuries & a few new players, I actually gave the nod to Dyersburg! But I did say if they didn’t beat us we wouldn’t lose a game this year. I do know they would/will get better & will be tough come playoff time, especially in their gym!  Nonetheless y’all got the win & made it happen congratulations! 

I appreciate it. It is good to get a win on the road in Dyersburg especially when we didn’t play well and is great we have our 6th girl come off the bench with 14 points and 4 threes and give us a much needed spark. We ended up with 10 threes or so which was good. I never thought we would be undefeated at this point. So we are a little ahead of schedule in my eyes with a lot of inexperienced players on the floor who hadn’t played the last two years much because we had so many players. But I am proud of them and we will build off of this game and keep battling. The biggest difference in the game, IMO was that we protected the ball a little more and made some big three’s late.

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Gibson County with a good win by 8 over a good Crockett County team. Trenton Peabody and McKenzie both really good teams flying under the radar. McKenzie with a big win over Union City tonight and Trenton beat a good Crockett County team earlier this month.

I wanted to come to y’all’s game tonight against Crockett but we had our biggest district rival Chester County at the Hawk’s Net! We handed business! We started slow, they actually took the lead 11-8 mid first quarter! Then entered our 2nd unit(a fresh 5) and I looked back up we was up 15. Then comes the starters & it was on from there! We was up 40 at 1 point before we cleared the bench(I believe the water girl got in lol) 

Y’all are tough! I knew y’all’s game would be a good 1! Good win and we cheering for y’all at South Side! 

11 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I wanted to come to y’all’s game tonight against Crockett but we had our biggest district rival Chester County at the Hawk’s Net! We handed business! We started slow, they actually took the lead 11-8 mid first quarter! Then entered our 2nd unit(a fresh 5) and I looked back up we was up 15. Then comes the starters & it was on from there! We was up 40 at 1 point before we cleared the bench(I believe the water girl got in lol) 

Y’all are tough! I knew y’all’s game would be a good 1! Good win and we cheering for y’all at South Side! 

Same here. I seen where y’all won big. Y’all’s depth will give teams lots of problems and could get you a Gold Ball. The fact y’all can put a fresh five in and press like crazy sets you guys apart.  Congrats on a good win. We hit Crockett in the mouth and was up by 16 at one time before they cut It to four at half. They led by two once in the third quarter, but we came back strong in the forth quarter. Crockett has a really good PG and some shooters and a post. They get into better shape and quit turning the ball over they could be dangerous in the tournammet.

Edited by pioneer42

55 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Same here. I seen where y’all won big. Y’all’s depth will give teams lots of problems and could get you a Gold Ball. The fact y’all can put a fresh five in and press like crazy sets you guys apart.  Congrats on a good win. We hit Crockett in the mouth and was up by 16 at one time before they cut It to four at half. They led by two once in the third quarter, but we came back strong in the forth quarter. Crockett has a really good PG and some shooters and a post. They get into better shape and quit turning the ball over they could be dangerous in the tournammet.

55 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I only see maybe 3 challenging games on y’all’s schedule (2) Peabody & maybe Dyer County! I don’t see anyone beating y’all tho.