Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

29 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Football =  BIG $$$$ for TSSAA

They are a sorry bunch if that is what they are worried about. If they cancel basketball, I hope a lot of teams get out of TSSAA. Kinda discriminatory if you ask me letting one sport play every body tackling blocking breathing and spit flying everywhere and they want to BS the basketball world. Cases have been high all during football so I don’t want to hear that.

4 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

They are a sorry bunch if that is what they are worried about. If they cancel basketball, I hope a lot of teams get out of TSSAA. Kinda discriminatory if you ask me letting one sport play every body tackling blocking breathing and spit flying everywhere and they want to BS the basketball world. Cases have been high all during football so I don’t want to hear that.

If they shut down basketball, a lot of the top players will start travel ball season early...like day after they make the decision to shutdown. 

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Yeah I seen that. Didn’t Macon County lose some girls off of last years team??  Macon County always tough year in and year out. 

MC lost Miss Basketball Keeley Carter, two from starting lineup with one starting all four years, and a quality role player who was a big 3 point hitter for us. I was quite surprised with MC. Gregory has a chance for MC to have back-to-back Miss basketball winners. Ended up with 32 of 59 points. MC might be just as good if as last year in AA

4 minutes ago, MCFAN3 said:

MC lost Miss Basketball Keeley Carter, two from starting lineup with one starting all four years, and a quality role player who was a big 3 point hitter for us. I was quite surprised with MC. Gregory has a chance for MC to have back-to-back Miss basketball winners. Ended up with 32 of 59 points. MC might be just as good if as last year in AA

To beat Clarkrange is saying something especially losing what they lost. They obviously have reloaded and you guys have been one of the best programs in the state the last few years. Without seeing the game I would bet Macon County handled their pressure well. Clarkrange is a lot like Greenfield with their pressure and scoring points off of TO’s.

On 11/18/2020 at 9:12 AM, pioneer42 said:

To beat Clarkrange is saying something especially losing what they lost. They obviously have reloaded and you guys have been one of the best programs in the state the last few years. Without seeing the game I would bet Macon County handled their pressure well. Clarkrange is a lot like Greenfield with their pressure and scoring points off of TO’s.

I thought Gregory should have been a Miss Basketball finalist last year.  She will score ALOT this year but no way that team is as good as last years.  

Cookeville gets to face Clarkrange  (@Clarkrange) on Saturday for the second game of our double header (4:30 & 7:30).  We are guard heavy and should be able to handle the pressure.  I just hope we can handle the speed.   Also that’s a quick turn around.  Hopefully we put the first game away early.  

9 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

I thought Gregory should have been a Miss Basketball finalist last year.  She will score ALOT this year but no way that team is as good as last years.  

Cookeville gets to face Clarkrange  (@Clarkrange) on Saturday for the second game of our double header (4:30 & 7:30).  We are guard heavy and should be able to handle the pressure.  I just hope we can handle the speed.   Also that’s a quick turn around.  Hopefully we put the first game away early.  

They are a really good team. When I give strategies to beat them, that don’t mean it will happen. They are tough no doubt. Number 1 in A ranking. Good luck!!

Edited by pioneer42

12 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

They are a really good team. When I give strategies to beat them, that don’t mean it will happen. They are tough no doubt. Number 1 in A ranking. Good luck!!

Ohh we know them very well.  2 years ago we probably played them 5 times at camp and once in regular season.  Last time we played inregular season was in the sonic shootout in Sparta and we blew them out.  That was the year they faced Greenfield in semis.  Coach said she had never gotten that many requests for a film.  They will be coming for blood.   :wacko:  I am a big fan of several players on that team.  I watch them play all summer so its hard to not like them. The twins just never stop.  They are so fast and so good.   It will be a tough game for us.  If you have been in that gym then you understand.  Love the passion that pours out of that place.  It’s a very special place in TN basketball.

On 11/13/2020 at 9:39 AM, maddams said:

Going to be an interesting start to the season for Summertown and Loretto.  Summertown went to remote learning 11/2 - 11/16.  Due to terrible school district policy, they are not allowed to practice when on remote learning.  They will have practiced one time when they open with Eagleville next week.  They play Huntingdon later in the week after a couple practice days.  Loretto is now on remote learning and will stay that way through Thanksgiving Break.  They practiced for about a week before going to remote but are not able to practice now.  They will have to cancel Hall of Fame games, but hopefully will be allowed to play their Thanksgiving classic games.  

Both teams are going to be very good this year but may struggle early.

Summertown beat Huntington 70-38. I think the Lady Eagles came out looking for revenge from last years loss.