Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

On 11/9/2020 at 10:49 AM, Greenecounty said:

And they are both in the AJ Bank Ladies Classic at Christmas with AA favorites Macon Co. & Upperman

That'll be a great tournament. Clarkrange will even be better than the team that blew out Huntingdon in the state tournament 80-35. Here was their playoff scores from last year: District: 62-39 over Red Boiling Springs; 59-49 over Pickett Co. in championship; Region: 2-0 forfeit over Hardy Memorial;  63-39 over RBS; 63-45 over Pickett Co. championship; 70-21 over Moore Co. in substate; 80-36 over Huntingdon at state. And now they are even  better. Pickett Co will be better too, but Clarkrange looks like they are heading to Gold Ball #9.

14 hours ago, bobcatfan300 said:

That'll be a great tournament. Clarkrange will even be better than the team that blew out Huntingdon in the state tournament 80-35. Here was their playoff scores from last year: District: 62-39 over Red Boiling Springs; 59-49 over Pickett Co. in championship; Region: 2-0 forfeit over Hardy Memorial;  63-39 over RBS; 63-45 over Pickett Co. championship; 70-21 over Moore Co. in substate; 80-36 over Huntingdon at state. And now they are even  better. Pickett Co will be better too, but Clarkrange looks like they are heading to Gold Ball #9.

I was sooo looking forward for that Greenfield vs Clarkrange matchup last year.   I don’t think they would have won but it was going to be a great game.   But I do agree with you Clarkrange is going to be great again this year.  The Monday twins really played well this summer.  I think they will have a special season this year.  They are playing in that AJ tournament but they also are playing in a loaded Sonic Shootout in Sparta with teams like Ensworth and white county.  I believe they also open their season with Macon County.  Should be a fun season chasing that 9th star.  

1 hour ago, LadyCavsFan said:

I was sooo looking forward for that Greenfield vs Clarkrange matchup last year.   I don’t think they would have won but it was going to be a great game.   But I do agree with you Clarkrange is going to be great again this year.  The Monday twins really played well this summer.  I think they will have a special season this year.  They are playing in that AJ tournament but they also are playing in a loaded Sonic Shootout in Sparta with teams like Ensworth and white county.  I believe they also open their season with Macon County.  Should be a fun season chasing that 9th star.  

Clarkrange’s defensive pressure like Greenfield is what you have to overcome playing them. I think Huntingdon had 10 TO’s in first three minutes of their game and about 40 total. They make a lot of hay scoring off of TO’s. If you handle the ball against them and make them beat you in half court sets is where I think they can get beat especially if they play a team that has big time post play and is good in half court sets. Clarkrange will be the favorite no doubt and is always there and a great program. I hope and pray every night these girls get to have a basketball season and a state tournament and nobody gets eliminated because of this virus.

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Clarkrange’s defensive pressure like Greenfield is what you have to overcome playing them. I think Huntingdon had 10 TO’s in first three minutes of their game and about 40 total. They make a lot of hay scoring off of TO’s. If you handle the ball against them and make them beat you in half court sets is where I think they can get beat especially if they play a team that has big time post play and is good in half court sets. Clarkrange will be the favorite no doubt and is always there and a great program. I hope and pray every night these girls get to have a basketball season and a state tournament and nobody gets eliminated because of this virus.

They do apply a lot of pressure but they are really good in half court attacking the basket and kicking for open shot.   They beat Stone Memorial last year and Stone  would have won AAA tourney.  And Stone had 2 D1 post players over 6’.   Clarkrange took the lead and then stopped running.  Switched to half court game. Spread the floor and attacked matchups.  They are just really good all the way around.  We have them in the schedule this year as well.  It will be a tough game.  But I am a big fan of this team.  

6 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

They do apply a lot of pressure but they are really good in half court attacking the basket and kicking for open shot.   They beat Stone Memorial last year and Stone  would have won AAA tourney.  And Stone had 2 D1 post players over 6’.   Clarkrange took the lead and then stopped running.  Switched to half court game. Spread the floor and attacked matchups.  They are just really good all the way around.  We have them in the schedule this year as well.  It will be a tough game.  But I am a big fan of this team.  

We are very familiar with them. We scrimmaged them the last two summers in Murfreesboro until this summer. They beat us by 8 or 10 the first time and by 15 or so the second time. The first game we were without both of our PG’s and the second game we were out our starting PG. Both games were low scoring games and they beat us by making us turn the ball over. I know these are scrimmages and don’t mean a lot and this is a different year. Know all that. We defended them very well in the half court. Thought they struggled big time with Greenfield’s height when they played them at state a couple of years ago. Gibson County split with Greenfield the same year they played as both games were single digit games. Gibson County will have the best PG we have had in years this year and probably the best post play in the state. Basketball in West TN is very strong across the board. Clarkrange has my respect and always have and is my number 1 team with Summertown a close 2nd. They are the favorite no doubt but will have a dogfight in Murfreesboro whoever it is up there. Loretto will be tough as well. In no particular order I will say Clarkrange, Summertown, Loretto, Gibson County, Pickett County, Union City and Greenfield will all be tough outs in determining the Good Ball.

Going to be an interesting start to the season for Summertown and Loretto.  Summertown went to remote learning 11/2 - 11/16.  Due to terrible school district policy, they are not allowed to practice when on remote learning.  They will have practiced one time when they open with Eagleville next week.  They play Huntingdon later in the week after a couple practice days.  Loretto is now on remote learning and will stay that way through Thanksgiving Break.  They practiced for about a week before going to remote but are not able to practice now.  They will have to cancel Hall of Fame games, but hopefully will be allowed to play their Thanksgiving classic games.  

Both teams are going to be very good this year but may struggle early.

2 hours ago, maddams said:

Going to be an interesting start to the season for Summertown and Loretto.  Summertown went to remote learning 11/2 - 11/16.  Due to terrible school district policy, they are not allowed to practice when on remote learning.  They will have practiced one time when they open with Eagleville next week.  They play Huntingdon later in the week after a couple practice days.  Loretto is now on remote learning and will stay that way through Thanksgiving Break.  They practiced for about a week before going to remote but are not able to practice now.  They will have to cancel Hall of Fame games, but hopefully will be allowed to play their Thanksgiving classic games.  

Both teams are going to be very good this year but may struggle early.

Union City is now going to virtual learning until Nov 30th. They are not allowing practice or games during virtual learning. They will have one day of practice before playing AA State Championship Contender Martin Westview followed by Covington a few days later. It will be an interesting start to the Lady Tornadoes Season. 

8 hours ago, purplengolduc said:

Union City is now going to virtual learning until Nov 30th. They are not allowing practice or games during virtual learning. They will have one day of practice before playing AA State Championship Contender Martin Westview followed by Covington a few days later. It will be an interesting start to the Lady Tornadoes Season. 

Virtual Learning does not stop games with TSSAA. Union City putting a halt to basketball and football??

Edited by pioneer42

10 hours ago, purplengolduc said:

Football played. Why not basketball??