Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

15 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I haven’t seen them but I heard they are going to be pretty good. Think it will be the Wild West this year in West TN where anything can happen. I expect Summertown, Loretto, Huntingdon and McKenzie to fight it out. I expect GC, Greenfield, UC, Bradford, Gleason, Dresden and Peabody to battle it out. Covid Rules could forfeit some teams out if they don’t change the rules. Big mess right now.

A lot of new faces for nearly every team in West Tennessee (except for UC). It will be interesting to see how the season will go

On a side note, I saw a highlight video of Edie Darby from a tournament this past weekend and I think she got 5 times better. Man does that girl have some moves and a lethal step back!

9 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

A lot of new faces for nearly every team in West Tennessee (except for UC). It will be interesting to see how the season will go

On a side note, I saw a highlight video of Edie Darby from a tournament this past weekend and I think she got 5 times better. Man does that girl have some moves and a lethal step back!

If Greenfield can score in half court sets, they will be really good. Post play might be a question mark. They are going to play fast and trap you to death. Teams have to handle the ball well to beat them. Their guard play will be really good.

Edited by pioneer42

21 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

Edie will be one of the top players in west Tennessee if not the best player. Future Miss Basketball. Its going to be fun to watch how Greenfield replaces Chloe and Tess. We have a great coach who will have a great game plan.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

On 10/6/2020 at 9:19 AM, pioneer42 said:

If Greenfield can score in half court sets, they will be really good. Post play might be a question mark. They are going to play fast and trap you to death. Teams have to handle the ball well to beat them. Their guard play will be really good.

They will be quicker than most teams and will beat you to the spot. I agree on post play. Reese Biggs has played in the forward spot since her freshman year but she will have to play in the post this time around. She is a proven defender but the question is, can she rebound the ball well enough at that position? 

On 10/6/2020 at 7:44 PM, Greenfieldfan said:

Edie will be one of the top players in west Tennessee if not the best player. Future Miss Basketball. Its going to be fun to watch how Greenfield replaces Chloe and Tess. We have a great coach who will have a great game plan.

Greenfield has a great challenge in replacing two of the best players to ever play for GHS. I think Greenfield will be fine this year but the question is, can they develop their bench this year? I really liked the play of Biggs last year, she is undersized and plays much bigger than she is. Union City will be the team to beat and it will be fun to watch UC and the jackets battle it out for first. Also yall made a great hire this offseason... Coach Tori is a great person!

1 hour ago, rebelman101 said:

Greenfield has a great challenge in replacing two of the best players to ever play for GHS. I think Greenfield will be fine this year but the question is, can they develop their bench this year? I really liked the play of Biggs last year, she is undersized and plays much bigger than she is. Union City will be the team to beat and it will be fun to watch UC and the jackets battle it out for first. Also yall made a great hire this offseason... Coach Tori is a great person!

Union City will have to learn how to handle press defenses to be the top dog. The games I seen them lose they had major problems with pressure. GC beat them at the end of the Region Semis with their press. But you are right. On paper they will be tough. We will see how they handle tight games. GC will have the best PG on campus since Heather Butler. I am sure with not playing this summer she will have some growing pains but no disrespect to two great PG’s the last two years in Ashton Lannom and Kacey Sweat, but Micah Hart is a player. Kid was scoring double digits in HS games as a 6th grader. She can play. I feel really confident in their team if the Covid Police don’t strike like it did last year.

Edited by pioneer42

On 10/7/2020 at 11:54 PM, pioneer42 said:

Union City will have to learn how to handle press defenses to be the top dog. The games I seen them lose they had major problems with pressure. GC beat them at the end of the Region Semis with their press. But you are right. On paper they will be tough. We will see how they handle tight games. GC will have the best PG on campus since Heather Butler. I am sure with not playing this summer she will have some growing pains but no disrespect to two great PG’s the last two years in Ashton Lannom and Kacey Sweat, but Micah Hart is a player. Kid was scoring double digits in HS games as a 6th grader. She can play. I feel really confident in their team if the Covid Police don’t strike like it did last year.

UC has the talent but sometimes they don't have the discipline.. you are exactly right. I heard nothing but great things about the talent that is coming up for GC the next couple of years.. lots of exciting things happening over there. I know we at McKenzie have a great shooting guard that is going to make an immediate impact in our district and region. 

7 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

UC has the talent but sometimes they don't have the discipline.. you are exactly right. I heard nothing but great things about the talent that is coming up for GC the next couple of years.. lots of exciting things happening over there. I know we at McKenzie have a great shooting guard that is going to make an immediate impact in our district and region. 

Mckenzie's last chance this season to beat Huntingdon for the district 13 title. May be a while before we get to compete again. Fillies are going to be better than some people think this year. Coach Wilkins has some good young talent. Going into his second year the kids know what to expect now. We should be a pretty tough out by tournament time. We have good depth and a lot of talent coming up.

8 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

Mckenzie's last chance this season to beat Huntingdon for the district 13 title. May be a while before we get to compete again. Fillies are going to be better than some people think this year. Coach Wilkins has some good young talent. Going into his second year the kids know what to expect now. We should be a pretty tough out by tournament time. We have good depth and a lot of talent coming up.

McKenzie is at what 376 and Huntingdon at 367 from last numbers and you said Huntingdon has some more kids in their numbers. Will be interesting where McKenzie falls. As long as Huntingdon and McKenzie has Wilkins’ coaching them they will be hard to beat. Just the way it is. No kid will play for them unless they play 110%. McKenzie has some talent no doubt and so does Huntingdon. I would assume the kid that came over last year in the middle of the year for Huntingdon that gave Summertown fits will be the PG.  I really think West TN will be as competitive as it has been in years. Don’t think there is just a team that is head and shoulders above the rest. Will be super competitive and fun to watch. Both schools are fortunate they are young and need to keep them around a while.  Pray every night that we will get to play and this stuff will end.

Edited by pioneer42

On 10/7/2020 at 11:54 PM, pioneer42 said:

Don't forget that UC made a coaching change this offseason as well. Coby will have them ready for anything. UC will have the best player in the Region in Amari Bonds and another top five player in the Region in Jada Williams.Bonds and Williams will be 1& 2 in 13A.  They will be the best team in 13A and in the region. Relying on freshmen in the biggest of games can be trouble. Youth and inexperience will play a part in GC’s success as they move deep into tournament play. 

9 hours ago, purplengolduc said:

Don't forget that UC made a coaching change this offseason as well. Coby will have them ready for anything. UC will have the best player in the Region in Amari Bonds and another top five player in the Region in Jada Williams.Bonds and Williams will be 1& 2 in 13A.  They will be the best team in 13A and in the region. Relying on freshmen in the biggest of games can be trouble. Youth and inexperience will play a part in GC’s success as they move deep into tournament play. 

They will have knocked the rust off by the time they get to tournament play. I feel better about GC’s Gold Ball chances this year than I did last year. They have three kids that are Miss Basketball caliber. Nobody in the state has guarded Madison Hart yet. She put up 33 on y’all last year in the Region. Union City will be good I will agree but I am very confident in GC this year. They will lose some games but they will be ready for tournaments.