Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

32 minutes ago, purplengolduc said:

3 players is a stretch don’t you think? Amari Bonds will be the best player in the Region. Remember she was Freshmen last year. It’s not about rust it’s about playing in that moment in a big game. Inexperience hurt UC last season during that Region game. UC vs GC should be some really good games this season. 

No I don’t. All three of them have been known to put 40 on you. Madison had 33 on UC in the semis and one of the three hit the big three with less than a minute left last year as a freshman.. They are young but they are superstar talents. I predict all three of them will average double digit points this year.They are big time talents. Just need reps. Bonds is a superstar as is Jada Williams. UC will be loaded and a handful. Probably pre-season pick to win Region “on paper” no doubt. UC is a team that could win Gold Ball as well. Great team.

Edited by pioneer42

5 hours ago, purplengolduc said:

3 players is a stretch don’t you think? Amari Bonds will be the best player in the Region. Remember she was Freshmen last year. It’s not about rust it’s about playing in that moment in a big game. Inexperience hurt UC last season during that Region game. UC vs GC should be some really good games this season. 

Best player in the district. Give me Edie Darby.
Just watch this year, she takes it to a different level. Miss Basketball finalist 2021

Gibson County is the team to beat in west Tennessee not Union City

Edited by Greenfieldfan

1 hour ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Just watch this year, she takes it to a different level. Miss Basketball finalist 2021

I have watched Edie twice and she looks great. She has grown taller as well. Greenfield, GIbson County and Union City will be tough outs. Edie will always require help and will draw a crowd. Means Crouse and Biggs will have to step their game up which they can because Edie will get attention. Union City will be tough as well with 2 big time players. I do give Gibson County a slight edge because I hadn’t seen anyone in the state slow Madison Hart down. I think Gibson County will be tough in half court sets because of her. Do think two of the three above will be in Murfreesboro and it could go either way. 

5 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I have watched Edie twice and she looks great. She has grown taller as well. Greenfield, GIbson County and Union City will be tough outs. Edie will always require help and will draw a crowd. Means Crouse and Biggs will have to step their game up which they can because Edie will get attention. Union City will be tough as well with 2 big time players. I do give Gibson County a slight edge because I hadn’t seen anyone in the state slow Madison Hart down. I think Gibson County will be tough in half court sets because of her. Do think two of the three above will be in Murfreesboro and it could go either way. 

42 guess who is my nephew's daughter's middle school basketball coach in Murfreesboro!

On 10/9/2020 at 7:45 AM, Croppygenius said:

Mckenzie's last chance this season to beat Huntingdon for the district 13 title. May be a while before we get to compete again. Fillies are going to be better than some people think this year. Coach Wilkins has some good young talent. Going into his second year the kids know what to expect now. We should be a pretty tough out by tournament time. We have good depth and a lot of talent coming up.

The Fillies will be tough but the new singleton girl has to match up with Lilly B... and they have went at it in the fall league at Gibson county.  After this year, the lady rebels will go as far as Savannah Davis takes them tbh. 

On 10/9/2020 at 8:27 AM, pioneer42 said:

McKenzie is at what 376 and Huntingdon at 367 from last numbers and you said Huntingdon has some more kids in their numbers. Will be interesting where McKenzie falls. As long as Huntingdon and McKenzie has Wilkins’ coaching them they will be hard to beat. Just the way it is. No kid will play for them unless they play 110%. McKenzie has some talent no doubt and so does Huntingdon. I would assume the kid that came over last year in the middle of the year for Huntingdon that gave Summertown fits will be the PG.  I really think West TN will be as competitive as it has been in years. Don’t think there is just a team that is head and shoulders above the rest. Will be super competitive and fun to watch. Both schools are fortunate they are young and need to keep them around a while.  Pray every night that we will get to play and this stuff will end.

Mckenzie is at 335 now.. we losing kids left and right. Huntingdon in 2a willbe fun to watch. 

6 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

The Fillies will be tough but the new singleton girl has to match up with Lilly B... and they have went at it in the fall league at Gibson county.  After this year, the lady rebels will go as far as Savannah Davis takes them tbh. 

I think both of y’all will be on this side of the river now. May be wrong but I don’t see how you couldn’t. 

12 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Lady from down your way. Heather Butler

Butler was a beast now I am telling you. All time leading scorer in OVC. Could have went anywhere out of HS but wanted to stay home close to her family and her HS coaches. Great kid. I have a really good friend that lives in the heart of Medina and don’t follow basketball like we do. We were riding through Medina one July day and he said man who is that girl their running with it 110 degree heat index??? He said I see her running every day in the heat all over town. I told him it was the PG at Gibson County. We know the rest of the story.

Edited by pioneer42

18 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Wouldn't expect anything less from you. Welcome back to earth, your multiple D1 players have graduated. Eddie will get the lions share of the attention this year. She is a very good player but can she carry the team?? Miss Basketball Finalist???? Are you sure about that? Hard being the best player(both offensively and defensively) on the team, not hard to be effective when you are the 3rd option. Please think basketball logic and not local bias. This will be a very heavy load to carry for her.