Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

Clarkrange Spanks Cookeville by 18. Cookeville led almost entire first quarter until Clarkrange makes a 3 with a couple seconds left to take the lead.  Then they go on to  shoot extremely well in second quarter and Lady Cavs couldn’t close the gap in second half.  Clarkrange was 7-7 from 3 first half.  And made 18-20 FT for the game.  They are really  good!  When you shoot like that you can beat anyone!  But as I expected Cookeville couldn’t match up with the speed.  And they are so good at making the pass out when you help.  

6 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Clarkrange Spanks Cookeville by 18. Cookeville led almost entire first quarter until Clarkrange makes a 3 with a couple seconds left to take the lead.  Then they go on to  shoot extremely well in second quarter and Lady Cavs couldn’t close the gap in second half.  Clarkrange was 7-7 from 3 first half.  And made 18-20 FT for the game.  They are really  good!  When you shoot like that you can beat anyone!  But as I expected Cookeville couldn’t match up with the speed.  And they are so good at making the pass out when you help.  

Them and Summertown will be 1 and 2 respectively. Great program year end year out. Macon Countymist he loaded.

8 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Them and Summertown will be 1 and 2 respectively. Great program year end year out. Macon Countymist he loaded.

Macon County is one of the favorites in AA. They are a really good team although they lost one really good player off of last years team they have reloaded with an addition they picked up last year from Watertown. They travel to Clarkrange later in the year where I expect the home team to win in that matchup as well. 

4 minutes ago, Voljackets said:

Don’t sleep on Greenfield. They still have enough talent to be dangerous. 

No doubt. Gibson County and Greenfield play tommorow night. Guards win championships a lot. Do think Gibson County will be like last year and get better as the year goes as well as Greenfield because like Gibson County they have some young players without experience. Should be a great game. 

10 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

McKenzie picks up a hard fought win over Dresden 61 to 35. Dresden is a young team but they are still very scrappy. Lady Rebs shot very well from the foul line and killed Dresden on the offensive glass. Great win before the thanksgiving holiday. 

Good win for McKenzie. Dresden year end year out always tough. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maddams said:

@pioneer42 Did you go to the Gibson/Greenfield game last night? Was the game as close as the final score?  

I did. Great game. Gibson County was up 10 at half and led by as many as 14 in the second half but Edie Darby is a beast. They cut it to two with a minute left but Gibson County hit FT’s to secure it.  Haley Thompson guarded her and did great but she still had 21 or so. Micah Hart didn’t turn the ball over not once which is fabulous. Thought Gibson County should have got the ball to Madison more. Credit to Greenfield’s defense but we have to get it to her quicker sometimes and more often. When she got the ball she was productive. Evyn Cantrell had a great night with 20 or so and hit money FT’s late. Regan McVay had a big 8 points or so and took a couple of big charges. But overall, I was a little worried about our young girls handling the pressure but they were fabulous handling it. Greenfield got into foul trouble early. Let’s keep in mind Gibson County attacks the rim whether it be with Madison Hart, Micah Hart or Evyn Cantrell while Greenfield was shooting the three mostly. Greenfield is going to be a handful late as is Gibson County. Greenfield is better than I thought they would be. Edie is a Division 1 player and showed it last night. Impossible to guard all night with 1 person. And their post play is better than I thought. I do think they are dangerous enough to make a deep run. Well coached as well. I sat behind their bench. I expect Gibson County and Greenfield will lose some because of tough schedules but will be tough outs late.

Edited by pioneer42