Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

21 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Gibson County is my pick! I hate we didn’t get to play Gibson County in their Thanksgiving tournament this year. I look forward to this game every year! Always a good game between Gibson County & Jackson South Side! It will be fun to watch for at least 4 or 5 more years! We are loaded with nothing but lower classmen. Both coaches are class acts & I love it. Gibson County we will see y’all in Murfreesboro! Hopefully we can finish this year! Prayers to everyone, hope all student athletes stay healthy! 

Final 4:

Clarkrange, Summertown, Gibson Co, Loretto 

Anyone of them could win it. I think there is a noticeable gap to the next tier of good teams. The only other one I think could be in the argument is Pickett Co. 

1 minute ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Gibson County is my pick! I hate we didn’t get to play Gibson County in their Thanksgiving tournament this year. I look forward to this game every year! Always a good game between Gibson County & Jackson South Side! It will be fun to watch for at least 4 or 5 more years! We are loaded with nothing but lower classmen. Both coaches are class acts & I love it. Gibson County we will see y’all in Murfreesboro! Hopefully we can finish this year! Prayers to everyone, hope all student athletes stay healthy! 

Yeah I hate that didn’t happen and both coaches hate it too. I would have loved to seen how our girls would have played you guys. South Side is really good and when these two play it is a war. Do think South Side probably has a slight edge but I would have loved to play South Side win or lose for the game experience moving forward.

9 minutes ago, Richmond30 said:

Final 4:

Clarkrange, Summertown, Gibson Co, Loretto 

Anyone of them could win it. I think there is a noticeable gap to the next tier of good teams. The only other one I think could be in the argument is Pickett Co. 

I would say Pickett County, Greenfield and Union City are definitely in the mix, but I agree with the Final Four. I think when the polls come out that your four will be the top four teams in the rankings.

9 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Yeah I hate that didn’t happen and both coaches hate it too. I would have loved to seen how our girls would have played you guys. South Side is really good and when these two play it is a war. Do think South Side probably has a slight edge but I would have loved to play South Side win or lose for the game experience moving forward.

Me too! I was looking forward to watching Sharnecce Currie-Jelks vs Madison Hart! And how Micah handle all of our in your face guards. 

3 hours ago, allsportsmatter said:

cloudland will be in final 4

I expect Cloudland and North Greene to represent East TN at the state tournament this year.  There may or may not be a couple teams that can challenge them.  Hard to say this early. 

As far as being in the final four, that will all depend on first round matchups from the blind draw.  If Cloudland draws Clarkrange in the first round, then Cloudland will not be in the final four.  

I would take a step back on guaranteeing  they make it too final 4.   There are 4 teams they would be huge underdogs too for sure.  And they are all experienced at the glass house.  

My picks is going to be clarkrange and Gibson county.   GC has to be a surprise so far.  They lost a TON the last 2 yrs.  State Champions and the in semis last year when it was cancelled.  Beat some good teams so far and more coming up soon.   Miss basketball finalist down low with a freshman and sophomore guard that are gonna be stars.   They ain’t going anywhere for a while.  And Clarkrange is primed to add to the championship list this year.   They have to be the pick to win it all right now.   Loretto and summertown are right behind these two.