TSSAA ED says fate of high school football unknown as of now

hardtackle

1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

Not true. There is nothing in the order that prevents them from starting on time. It's a TSSAA protocol decision.

Someone sounds like they need to actually go read the order. Football, soccer, and other contact sports are prohibited.

NCAA and Pro Sports are exempt due to according to the state having adequate resources to combat the pandemic vs. What high schools are rec leagues have.

2 minutes ago, District12AA said:

Someone sounds like they need to actually go read the order. Football, soccer, and other contact sports are prohibited.

NCAA and Pro Sports are exempt due to according to the state having adequate resources to combat the pandemic vs. What high schools are rec leagues have.

Sounds like you need to read some of the media stories on the issue.  The TSSAA has asked the Governor to extend the exemption that college and pro sports have down to high school sports, and the Governor's office was seriously considering it.  

We'll find out shortly.  

3 minutes ago, District12AA said:

Absolutely insanity!!! Common sense is out the window. Opens the door for lawsuits all over the place.

29 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Play some politics why don't you?! Good grief. This is an utterly ridiculous post, especially as it relates to the current topic.

You, of all people, pointing out that someone's post is "utterly ridiculous" is the ultimate "Pot calling Kettle".  Your head in the sand, "I'm smarter than everybody else" mentality, along with your "I'll believe science only when it backs my argument" is the exact reason why football is being delayed.  YOU are more of the cause than the cure.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Absolutely insanity!!! Common sense is out the window. Opens the door for lawsuits all over the place.

The order doesn't open the door for lawsuits at all. Well someone could sue but it would be thrown out in court.

No way someone can argue HS and rec leagues across the state have the same ability and resources to safely return to play that Pro Leagues and colleges have currently.

I am just as frustrated with a HS senior in the house who just wants to finish his HS football and baseball career. But I can rationally see where they are coming from.

Edited by District12AA
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HTV said:

Sounds like you need to read some of the media stories on the issue.  The TSSAA has asked the Governor to extend the exemption that college and pro sports have down to high school sports, and the Governor's office was seriously considering it.  

We'll find out shortly.  

I have followed this story closer than most and you honestly think the TSSAA is on the same level of competence of the NCAA and NFL. The idea to ask the governor to put them on the same level is laughable.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, District12AA said:

I have followed this story closer than most and you honestly think the TSSAA is on the same level of competence of the NCAA and NFL. The idea to ask the governor to put them on the same level is laughable.

Why is it laughable??!! Kids are NOT dying and are barely getting sick whatsoever. Most are asymptomatic!! You are watching way too much of the fear mongering media pushing panic for political reasons.

1 minute ago, District12AA said:

Not really.  The Governor is listening and hasn't ruled it out.  

Like I said, we'll find out.  

And, no it's not on the same "level".  College and professional football are at a lot more risk because they are together as a team much more than are high school football teams.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TeeterTot2 said:

You, of all people, pointing out that someone's post is "utterly ridiculous" is the ultimate "Pot calling Kettle".  Your head in the sand, "I'm smarter than everybody else" mentality, along with your "I'll believe science only when it backs my argument" is the exact reason why football is being delayed.  YOU are more of the cause than the cure.  

How am I the cause by posting my thoughts on all this mess on a high school message board? What science do you believe? This is problem..."science" is all over the map!! We've been constantly told to follow the science...where? who? what? It's insanity!

3 minutes ago, HTV said:

Not really.  The Governor is listening and hasn't ruled it out.  

Like I said, we'll find out.  

And, no it's not on the same "level".  College and professional football are at a lot more risk because they are together as a team much more than are high school football teams.  

Exactly! And they are older...so by the statistics (but who is truly caring about the stats these days?!) the younger the person, the much less likely you are to be sick or show any effects from this virus.