TSSAA ED says fate of high school football unknown as of now

hardtackle

53 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Why is collegiate and professional sporting events exempt because of their respective governing bodies, but high schools/TSSAA are not exempt?? Seems like, not only a double standard, but it opens the door for lawsuits like crazy. Are we not all humans that are living in the world with this virus?? Makes no sense to exempt anyone if it's so dangerous.

I think it's primarily because high schools don't have money for the extensive testing major college and pro programs will have.

5 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Exactly! And they are older...so by the statistics (but who is truly caring about the stats these days?!) the younger the person, the much less likely you are to be sick or show any effects from this virus.

Here you go, Bubba.  It's not a done deal yet.  The Governor is trying to find a way to make it work:

Bernard Childress: "We have had lengthy discussions with the gov's legal council in the gov office. ... But we are working with the gov legal council. Based on our conversations, we think it's best to delay any vote on contingency plan."

17 minutes ago, HTV said:

Not really.  The Governor is listening and hasn't ruled it out.  

Like I said, we'll find out.  

And, no it's not on the same "level".  College and professional football are at a lot more risk because they are together as a team much more than are high school football teams.  

At this point you can't be reasoned with if you think HS athletics can function at a safer rate than Pro Sports and NCAA. 

Just for kicks and giggles, how does a HS test students at the same rate like the NCAA and Pro Sports to help the spread??

9 minutes ago, guthook said:

I think it's primarily because high schools don't have money for the extensive testing major college and pro programs will have.

According to the HS plan I have seen in our district, the schools will not even require a covid test-even if a student is sent home with symptoms such as a fever. I’m not sure what colleges and pros require.

• Sad 1

We are buying a camera system that will take temperatures as you enter the building. It can scan 2,000 a hour per unit. The cost was $1000 per unit. Why not get some of those and scan temps as people come in the stadiums? I'll send info if anyone is interested and can get to the TSSAA

3 minutes ago, tj3775 said:

I thought the TSSAA was going to ask the Governor to put hs sports in the same category as collegiate and pro?

Childress discussed that and said the Governor is weighing that possibility. They had a few more weeks before they have to decide, so they’re waiting to see what happens.

• CoachT locked this topic