TSSAA ED says fate of high school football unknown as of now

hardtackle

2 minutes ago, hardtackle said:

Headlines like this continue there will be no school. no school no sports

And it’s meaningless headlines like this that stoke the fire and strike fear and panic in people for no reason. Testing was at an all-time high and negative tests were at an all-time high too! No mention of it. Also, the death rate is continuing to drop. It’s younger people who show little to no symptoms who are testing positive in big numbers, which is not bad news whatsoever. The nonsense fear headlines and misinformation has to stop! 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

And it’s meaningless headlines like this that stoke the fire and strike fear and panic in people for no reason. Testing was at an all-time high and negative tests were at an all-time high too! No mention of it. Also, the death rate is continuing to drop. It’s younger people who show little to no symptoms who are testing positive in big numbers, which is not bad news whatsoever. The nonsense fear headlines and misinformation has to stop! 

I agree. Admin at TSSAA and school systems make decisions off these headlines not your statistics and data

6 minutes ago, hardtackle said:

I agree. Admin at TSSAA and school systems make decisions off these headlines not your statistics and data

Well said! Same with college football conferences, who are prematurely making ridiculous irrational and illogical decisions based on emotion and panic in the second week of July!!

1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

This is incredible stuff! The stats matter! The facts matter!
https://off-guardian.org/2020/07/07/second-wave-not-even-close/

There is no doubt that the media is pumping this thing up. As I have said previously, I consider myself to be somewhat of a centrist on all this. I think both sides that have polarized say some stuff that is totally false. 

In saying that, you should research this guy before you throw one of his articles on here. He is a anti vaccination nut that writes some of the most egregious junk that no sane person would agree with.

33 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

There is no doubt that the media is pumping this thing up. As I have said previously, I consider myself to be somewhat of a centrist on all this. I think both sides that have polarized say some stuff that is totally false. 

In saying that, you should research this guy before you throw one of his articles on here. He is a anti vaccination nut that writes some of the most egregious junk that no sane person would agree with.

I would never agree with anyone 100% of the time regardless. In this particular case, he uses facts and stats that matter, which is supremely important in these times. It’s a well done article that uses common sense and logic. I don’t consider myself polarizing in the least...just been paying attention closely to the stats and facts all along. 

2 hours ago, hardtackle said:

Headlines like this continue there will be no school. no school no sports

We dont live in Florida. Are we developing a covid 19 magic wand to make it go away? Whats the end game from hiding from it? Better to face it now and get it over with. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HTV said:

Matt is the only one in that building who has a lick of good sense. It's a realm shame he is not the Executive Director,  IMO. 

Yeah I had to deal with him to enter a record for my girl. He done it real quick. Problem is he is not the executive director. 

• CoachT locked this topic